My Meaningless Opinion

R. Rich

So if I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that despite the fact that PayMe dissed the team, the fans, and his teammates by skipping all of training camp, the OTAs and the preseason and put his QB at risk because he wasn't able to play at the level he could have had he not acted like such an ass hole, it's surprising that he didn't play even worse?

Sorry, that doesn't cut it with me. JMO.

Yes. And he wasn't putting his QB at risk, he played well. There was only that one play he was beaten on in the passing game.

agent provocateur

Ball of beer, you just don't understand. There is a difference between being negative like this poster, and just taking a realistic look at the wins. I have said nothing bad about the players or the coaches, i am just saying that we won against some questionable opponents that have huge injuries. This poster is not a Bills fan at all. he rolled our great 53 man pro bowl squad through the mud.

The players, to a man, expressed nothing but positive thoughts about Peters. I have yet to read, or hear of, one Bills player saying negative things about Peters.

Of course, nobody definitively knows the private thoughts of the FO. But, they never expressed anger toward Peters, never suggested he was an as#hole or a bad guy. In fact, even after missing all of the OTAs and much of camp, they still said they would negotiate a new contract when he came to camp. Does that sound like they share your opinion of Peters?

In addition to being amazed by the number of folks on TSW that think they know how the coaches & players feel, I'm also amazed at the number that seem to think they know what was said between PayMe and the F.O.

Despite waiting until the day before the team's first game, Jauron practiced Peters with the first team, and started in the Bills' second game. Does that sound he holds a grudge against Peters?

No, it sounds more like Jauron was desperately trying to make up for lost time and get PayMe as prepared as possible, given the a-hole's prolonged, pointless holdout. Jauron's trying to win games; he's also in his own 'contract year'.

We come to "know" how others think and feel, by their thoughts and actions. The thoughts and actions of the other players and the FO speak volumes in this situation.

There you go again - HTF do you know what "their thoughts" are????!!!!! ;)

Now, it could be that they all privately dislike Jason Peters, think he is an !@#$ and don't want them on the team. While I doubt that it is the case, it is clear that, at the very least, they have the good sense to keep those thoughts to themselves. They probably know better than to purposefully sound completely stupid in public, too.

Fine Dean - you seem sure that everyone's just A-OK with what Peters pulled. I would never say that's stupid, but I think it's naive. JMO.

You got it backwards - I'm not 'jumping all over him' because he messed up one time; I'm jumping all over him because "he missed all of training camp, OTA's, practices, has a new offense to grasp, has only practiced one week".

What if Edwards got seriously hurt 'cause Peters wasn't 100% ready to play?

Lighten up on PayMe Peters?

F ;)K PayMe Peters!

Sen, I agree with your first point but the bottomline is:

1) Edwards didn't get hurt.

2) The Bills are 2-0.

3) If Peters gets hurt down the line, we've found out that the Bills don't need to panic because Walker & Chambers are more than capable of manning LT & RT, respectively.

4) The Bills are now a better team with Peters back and the O-line has gained valuable experience in his absence.

5) It's time to move forward and enjoy the ride. This team has the look and feel of something special. They seem focused, dedicated to one another, well coached, and most importantly hungry & talented.

6) Rich, you're right. Your opinion IS meaningless...just kidding big guy. :( 2-0 feels really good for a change, doesn't it? (BTW, I'm still not happy with you for not being at the OAK game with me this coming week)

LET'S GO BILLS!!!!!

You gotta love the way the Bills gutted one out on the road, something they're not noted for. That's a sign that they're heading in the right direction

Overall, like I said, you gotta love seeing the Bills go on the road and beat a quality opponent. Things aren't quite set yet, but I honestly believe they are FINALLY on track to get into the playoffs.

Alright. Real commentary and from one of the re-emerging legacy Wallers. [Almost Lori stuff although it did have the brevity of Pyrite Gal.]

Hope the Bills's rise is coinciding with the rebirth of sanity on the Wall.

... Now, it could be that they all privately dislike Jason Peters, think he is an !@#$ and don't want them on the team. While I doubt that it is the case, it is clear that, at the very least, they have the good sense to keep those thoughts to themselves. They probably know better than to purposefully sound completely stupid in public, too.
Hey Dean, saw spatterings here and there but seeing you post three times on the 1st page of a thread I know you're on your way back.

Are you on full release or did they just loosen the straight jacket enough to allow you to type? [i kid.]

I'll know you're back in prime form once those avatars start to morph regularly.

Fine Dean - you seem sure that everyone's just A-OK with what Peters pulled. I would never say that's stupid, but I think it's naive. JMO.

My bad. I meant "by their words and actions". (See, I manage to be stupid by accident.)

And, I don't think everyone is "OK" with Peters sitting out, and I never said that. I said, it doesn't appear they think he is an as$hole, and, obviously, aren't holding it against him, as some here are (this is where you look in the mirror). I also pointed out that, even if they do still hold a grudge, they understand football enough to be quiet about it, as Peters is a valuable asset to this team.

Voicing a grudge would serve no function, at this point. It is over and he is with the team and, reportedly, working hard.

I notice you took a nice logical leap by assuming the reason Peters missed a block is due to the hold out. Peters has missed blocks in other games, when he didn't hold out. I'm not so sure the two are related.