Will Poz be fined for that facemask on MJD?

Fingon

I think he will be.... probably $5,000-$10,000.

He probably should be. The players are responsible for controlling their actions. Sometimes a player may touch a facemask, now that 15 yards is the only penalty I hope there are more good non-calls when it has no effect on the play or safety. It may even be the case that reflexively they yank it. If so they deserve the 15 yard penalty they get for this dangerous play.

However, Pos held onto it hard and long enough that because the Jax player had his helmet on loosely enough (something the player and equipment manager should be talked to about as well) that it turned completely around his head in Pos's grip I think Pos clearly did not maintain proper control over his tackling style.

I hope he is...it will add to the legend....

Opposing RB: Hey Poz--too bad about the fine...

Poz: I guess $5K is small price to pay for hearing screams of pain as I twisted off MJD's head...

Poz's new nickname: Twist-off

He probably should be. The players are responsible for controlling their actions. Sometimes a player may touch a facemask, now that 15 yards is the only penalty I hope there are more good non-calls when it has no effect on the play or safety. It may even be the case that reflexively they yank it. If so they deserve the 15 yard penalty they get for this dangerous play.

However, Pos held onto it hard and long enough that because the Jax player had his helmet on loosely enough (something the player and equipment manager should be talked to about as well) that it turned completely around his head in Pos's grip I think Pos clearly did not maintain proper control over his tackling style.

A player has to release immediately if they accidentally grab the facemask. Poz pulled the thing completely around. A player can seriously hurt another player by doing that. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't a big fine.