Caylee Anthony Case - Anyone Else Following This?

Steely Dan

Just to add a little here. When the cops were interviewing her after she took a full month to report the kid missing she came up with lie after lie.

She told them there was a nanny (Zainada Gonzalez) who took Caylee. She doesn't exist.

They went to the apartment she supposedly lived in and it had been vacant for months.

She told them she worked for Universal Studios and went so far as to take the detectives in there and she started to lead them to her desk until finally turning around and admitting she didn't work there. She hadn't worked there for years.

She told them friends from work suggested she hire the nanny. Those friends deny ever having said anything about it.

When they asked for Zanaida's phone number she said she couldn't remember it even though Zainaida had supposedly been taking care of Caylee for years. She also said she had erased Zainaida's number from her phone. She was told they could retrieve it from the sim card and she said she had swapped the sim card out from a phone that didn't work and to another phone and saying she didn't save the stuff from the sim card when she swapped it out.

That's just some of them.

Ok, so she offed her little girl. Nice gal.

So I presume the body they found is the girl's and that'll pretty much wrap up the case and this whore will get 25 to life, right?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Casey Anthony is hot!

In a matricidal way. <_<

Ok, so she offed her little girl. Nice gal.

So I presume the body they found is the girl's and that'll pretty much wrap up the case and this whore will get 25 to life, right?

They recently took the death penalty off the table but that was before the body was discovered and they can put it back on the table. If the death penalty isn't an option then she'll never see the light of day again and that is as it should be.

I'd really like to know what actually happened and why but I'd say it's a 99% chance we'll never find that out.

Linkage

The meter reader who led authorities last week to remains believed to be those of Caylee Anthony called police four months ago, directing them three times to same site, authorities said Thursday.

At a news conference, Capt. Angelo Nieves, an Orange County Sheriff's Department commander, said investigators are looking into whether the tips, called in August 11, 12 and 13, were properly followed up.

In one of those phone calls, the meter reader reported seeing a gray bag on the side of the road, Nieves said. On August 13, a deputy responded to the site and did a "cursory search" but found nothing, Nieves said.

A lot of people are asking why he kept going back to the scene of the body dump and they wonder if he was somehow involved?

A lot of people are asking why he kept going back to the scene of the body dump and they wonder if he was somehow involved?

Who is asking that? That screeching she-devil on CNN?

From the CNN article you linked:

Nieves said police were getting more information from the tipster and the deputy who responded to the tips. He said the department was investigating the "thoroughness" of the deputy's response but would not identify the deputy.

The meter reader "is not a suspect," Nieves said. "He is a credible witness."

Nieves' latest announcement is raising questions about whether police missed several chances to find remains believed to be Caylee's.

The meter reader is not the only one, or the first, to have pointed police toward the site containing the remains.

KioMarie Cruz, Casey Anthony's childhood friend, also told police to investigate the same wooded area near Hidden Oaks Elementary School a month before the meter reader, according to CNN affiliate WFTV.

Who is asking that? That screeching she-devil on CNN?

From the CNN article you linked:

Nieves said police were getting more information from the tipster and the deputy who responded to the tips. He said the department was investigating the "thoroughness" of the deputy's response but would not identify the deputy.

The meter reader "is not a suspect," Nieves said. "He is a credible witness."

Nieves' latest announcement is raising questions about whether police missed several chances to find remains believed to be Caylee's.

The meter reader is not the only one, or the first, to have pointed police toward the site containing the remains.

KioMarie Cruz, Casey Anthony's childhood friend, also told police to investigate the same wooded area near Hidden Oaks Elementary School a month before the meter reader, according to CNN affiliate WFTV.

No, it was some of the guests on Jane Velez Mitchell's show.

You have to admit it's strange he would call them back in August and then decide to take a leak there four months later. The main problem is with what the Sheriff said. The defense is going to be all over that.

They will ask why the Sheriff's department didn't even check the guy out because cadaver dogs didn't hit in that area back in August. Their story is going to be the guy dumped the body there himself after the initial search. Ludicrous? Yes, but it's going to be another thing to possibly put doubt in the juror's minds.

The main question now is was the tip adequately followed up? When the meter reader's call came in back in August one of the detectives saw that cadaver dogs had searched that area and so he didn't bother to send anyone out to check.

Update:

Investigators will hold a 2 p.m. press conference to discuss the remains found, and the meter reader will give a statement to the media.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/...,0,984428.story

Thanks!

It's official - the remains are those of Caylee Anthony:

It's Caylee Marie. The five-month mystery ended today when authorities confirmed that skeletal remains discovered in woods last week belong to the missing two-year-old girl.

Sheriff's officials delivered the news at a 2 p.m. press conference in Orlando. Word came after the FBI forensic lab in Virginia matched Caylee's DNA with bones found a quarter-mile from her grandparents' home.

Medical Examiner Dr. Jan Garavaglia said, "With regret, I am here to inform you that the skeletal remains found on Dec. 11 are those of the missing toddler Caylee Anthony."

Around 1:45 p.m. today, Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, was notified in jail, where she is awaiting trial on a murder charge stemming from the child's disappearance this summer. Her reaction to the announcement is not known.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/...0,1253040.story

So sad. :rolleyes:

PC in a nutshell. It is Caylee, big surprise. The death has been deemed homicide by undetermined means. The homicide conclusion is reached through forensic and circumstantial evidence. The area is just about done being investigated. They are looking into why the meter readers calls weren't handled correctly back in August.

It's official - the remains are those of Caylee Anthony:

It's Caylee Marie. The five-month mystery ended today when authorities confirmed that skeletal remains discovered in woods last week belong to the missing two-year-old girl.

Sheriff's officials delivered the news at a 2 p.m. press conference in Orlando. Word came after the FBI forensic lab in Virginia matched Caylee's DNA with bones found a quarter-mile from her grandparents' home.

Medical Examiner Dr. Jan Garavaglia said, "With regret, I am here to inform you that the skeletal remains found on Dec. 11 are those of the missing toddler Caylee Anthony."

Around 1:45 p.m. today, Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, was notified in jail, where she is awaiting trial on a murder charge stemming from the child's disappearance this summer. Her reaction to the announcement is not known.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/...0,1253040.story

So sad. :rolleyes:

The video footage they keep showing of her reading a children's book and her sitting on her great grandparents lap tears my heart out every time I see it. I have a TV in the upper corner of my computer screen and I have to close it and just listen to it like a radio broadcast because my heart is ripped every time I see that. B-)

Her grandparents must be having feelings nobody can describe. They lost a grandchild and they will lose a daughter by at least having her in prison til she dies.

Her grandparents have asked for immunity because they said they had made "misleading" statements in the past and they won't do that again.

A lot of people who have children say they fully understand why they would make those statements to try to protect their daughter.

There's going to be a press conference with the meter reader soon.

You have to admit it's strange he would call them back in August and then decide to take a leak there four months later. The main problem is with what the Sheriff said. The defense is going to be all over that.

They will ask why the Sheriff's department didn't even check the guy out because cadaver dogs didn't hit in that area back in August. Their story is going to be the guy dumped the body there himself after the initial search. Ludicrous? Yes, but it's going to be another thing to possibly put doubt in the juror's minds.

The main question now is was the tip adequately followed up? When the meter reader's call came in back in August one of the detectives saw that cadaver dogs had searched that area and so he didn't bother to send anyone out to check.

I really don't find anything strange about him making several calls to the police back in August and then being back in the area a few months later. After all, he is a meter reader - I would assume he probably has some sort of regular route he covers.

And from what I can tell there was no initial search in that area, due to flooding.

Here's the Orlando Sentinel story, which details the meter reader's tips a little better:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-bk-cayl...,0,397634.story

I really don't find anything strange about him making several calls to the police back in August and then being back in the area a few months later. After all, he is a meter reader - I would assume he probably has some sort of regular route he covers.

And from what I can tell there was no initial search in that area, due to flooding.

Here's the Orlando Sentinel story, which details the meter reader's tips a little better:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-bk-cayl...,0,397634.story

I agree with you but it does add firepower to the defense like I said above. This is from that article.

It was unclear what effect disclosure of the August tips could have on the legal case against Anthony.

Veteran Orlando defense attorney Cheney Mason said it raises questions for the prosecutors and Anthony's defense attorney. The main question will be: When and how did the body get there?, he said.

"It distinctly creates a new level of investigation, interrogation and reasonable doubt," he said.

It won't matter much IMO but it just adds another piece for the defense to use.

Here's the Sentinel's story on the meter reader's PC:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/...0,5864010.story

Attorney David Evans stressed that Kronk does not know the Anthony family and has no other connection to the case.

"He is here as a concerned citizen. Nothing more," Evans said.

"Those who have speculated to the contrary are completely wrong."

Kronk would not take questions.

County spokesman Steve Triggs said Kronk was hired May 27.

He worked occasionally in the east Orange County neighborhood where he found the remains but had no regular route, Triggs said. Kronk knew the wooded area because it was a shady place to park during hot weather.

Kronk was last in the neighborhood in November, he told Triggs, but did not check the woods because he was busy.

Here's the Sentinel's story on the meter reader's PC:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/...0,5864010.story

Attorney David Evans stressed that Kronk does not know the Anthony family and has no other connection to the case.

"He is here as a concerned citizen. Nothing more," Evans said.

"Those who have speculated to the contrary are completely wrong."

Kronk would not take questions.

County spokesman Steve Triggs said Kronk was hired May 27.

He worked occasionally in the east Orange County neighborhood where he found the remains but had no regular route, Triggs said. Kronk knew the wooded area because it was a shady place to park during hot weather.

Kronk was last in the neighborhood in November, he told Triggs, but did not check the woods because he was busy.

I agree with you. Casey's defense team doesn't. Well behind their eyes I'm sure they do but what they'll present to the jury is that cadaver dogs missed it back in August and it was just recently found.

"Mr. and Ms. Jury doesn't that give you some reasonable doubt."

Of course it wont if any of them have half a brain but it does give the defense another argument to make.

The most interesting thing to me now is that there was an officer found to have lied about his involvement with Casey who was dismissed but he was still on the force when these calls happened. I wonder if he was one of the officers responding?

The first call the meter reader had left already so the cop didn't do anything since he didn't know where the meter reader was talking about. I can understand that.

The second call was handled by a detective saw that saw that cadaver dogs had swept the area already and discounted the call. Since they were getting thousands of calls about leads I can understand his reluctance to take it seriously.

The third call had two officers respond one of which started into the woods but said he heard a rattlesnake and wouldn't go any farther. This is the officer I wonder about. Was he the Casey Anthony :rolleyes: ing officer? Was he deliberately trying to cover up for her?

Soon after that Tropical Storm Fay hit and flooded the area.

Here's a good run down of the case in a one page article.

Some highlights.

The mother's defense team had claimed since her October indictment that the child might still be alive, even claiming witnesses spotted Caylee since her disappearance.

The finding of the body "has really cut the legs out of the defense," Stacey Honowitz, an assistant Florida state's attorney, said Friday night on CNN's "Larry King Live."

According to earlier reports, Caylee was the result of an unintended pregnancy, and Anthony made an attempt to give her up after birth. She referred to Caylee as "the little snot head" and continued to maintain an active social life.

When Caylee went missing, Anthony did not tell her family for a month. It was the child's grandmother who called police. Anthony told conflicting stories at the beginning of the investigation, including a tale that Caylee was with a nanny. The name and address turned out to be bogus. As police searched for Caylee, they say Anthony's active social life continued -- including one memorable entry in a "Hot Body Contest" at an Orlando bar.