Caylee Anthony Case - Anyone Else Following This?

Steely Dan

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who?

Steeely, you gonna post the entire trial transcript here too?

No, just gonna continue supplying the latest info this thread. Since October when I started this thread there hasn't been a lot to report. Now there is a lot. Looks like Wacka's been following this too. It's a really fascinating case.

The extensive background stuff was posted while I was researching this. I just figured it was easy to supply others with the stuff they'd need to know about while I was looking into it myself.

No, just gonna continue supplying the latest info this thread. Since October when I started this thread there hasn't been a lot to report. Now there is a lot. Looks like Wacka's been following this too. It's a really fascinating case.

The extensive background stuff was posted while I was researching this. I just figured it was easy to supply others with the stuff they'd need to know about while I was looking into it myself.

Was looking at the Buffalo News online, and it was there. Came here and didn't see this thread bumped up, so I posted.

Was looking at the Buffalo News online, and it was there. Came here and didn't see this thread bumped up, so I posted.

I figured. When I got home I heard this on the news and I was going to do the same thing.

It's a good idea to bump this thread because it saves another thread from being created and having all of the background stuff rehashed as people ask questions about it.

I always prefer to refer back to a previous thread than to start a new one whenever possible. Some people call that bumping my own threads. :wub:

I figured. When I got home I heard this on the news and I was going to do the same thing.

It's a good idea to bump this thread because it saves another thread from being created and having all of the background stuff rehashed as people ask questions about it.

I always prefer to refer back to a previous thread than to start a new one whenever possible. Some people call that bumping my own threads. :wub:

I know another way to save another thread from starting...or this one from growing.

(And, yes, I understand the irony of this post.)

poor structure sentence.

:wub:

Anyhoo, back on topic. They have the house cordoned off right now and only the police are allowed inside. I'm guessing they are looking for trash bags and duct tape and other things that might have been found with the kid.

I'm a Forensic Files junkie and if they can find duct tape in the house and it's the same duct tape used on the kid they may be able to link it through the manufacturing evidence of that particular roll. The plastic bag can be similarly identified sometimes.

It's unlikely, but if the duct tape hasn't been used since this time they can even matchup the tear marks from the remaining roll to a piece from the bag or body and match them up. Sort of like matching a piece of a jigsaw puzzle.

The fact that the body's been outside for so long has most likely removed any prints from the outside of the bag but a fingerprint could very well be found on the sticky side of the tape.

A lot of the forensic evidence won't be useful because a lot of the fibers and stuff that are in Caycee's car can easily be explained because the kid has been in there so much.

There was a lot of chloroform in the air of her car's trunk but any of that is most likely long gone from the bag and body.

There are so many different things that are not visible to anyone that forensic scientists can find and use to link someone to a body. It's extremely difficult to commit the perfect murder.

Anyhoo, back on topic. They have the house cordoned off right now and only the police are allowed inside. I'm guessing they are looking for trash bags and duct tape and other things that might have been found with the kid.

I'm a Forensic Files junkie and if they can find duct tape in the house and it's the same duct tape used on the kid they may be able to link it through the manufacturing evidence of that particular roll. The plastic bag can be similarly identified sometimes.

It's unlikely, but if the duct tape hasn't been used since this time they can even matchup the tear marks from the remaining roll to a piece from the bag or body and match them up. Sort of like matching a piece of a jigsaw puzzle.

The fact that the body's been outside for so long has most likely removed any prints from the outside of the bag but a fingerprint could very well be found on the sticky side of the tape.

A lot of the forensic evidence won't be useful because a lot of the fibers and stuff that are in Caycee's car can easily be explained because the kid has been in there so much.

There was a lot of chloroform in the air of her car's trunk but any of that is most likely long gone from the bag and body.

There are so many different things that are not visible to anyone that forensic scientists can find and use to link someone to a body. It's extremely difficult to commit the perfect murder.

So, I take you assume that people here don't have access to TV or radio, and that this is the only website they can view? See, I kind of figure that anyone looking for a play-by-play of this stuff, isn't coming to a Bills' related website to get their info.

So, I take you assume that people here don't have access to TV or radio, and that this is the only website they can view? See, I kind of figure that anyone looking for a play-by-play of this stuff, isn't coming to a Bills' related website to get their info.

You should be well aware that there are threads started with questions that could be easily answered by a quick trip to a search engine. I just figured it was easier to supply the link for those who are lazy.

Unless you've been watching Nancy Grace every night you can't possibly be getting all of the info. needed to closely follow this case. This was also started to discuss the case with others and so the background info. helps with starting a discussion on the issue.

He's an unemployed Pharmacy-tech looking for a friend. :wub:

Here's more.

Dr. Bill Manion, a pathologist and an assistant medical examiner for Burlington County, N.J., said DNA testing could determine an identification even without other DNA from the victim, "as long as we know who the parents are or siblings."

The problem with that here is that Caylee has no siblings and the father has never been identified by Caycee. My guess is there were too many suspects to choose from. :blink:

It looks like their pretty damn sure it's her body.

Linkage

Lawyer Linda Kenney Baden said in court that investigators said they "were proceeding as if this were little Caylee Anthony."

Strands of hair found with the remains, discovered Thursday a half mile from the home of Caylee's grandparents, are the same color as the girl's, the lawyer said. The age and measurements also were a match for Caylee, Baden added. Caylee was 2 when she went missing.

Some video stuff.

BTW, her parents are on Larry King tonight at 9pm.