Best offensive lineman you've ever seen?

Tcali

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orlando Pace. Getting by Pace and sacking the qb wasn't an option. Wrt run blocking, he was a product of the conservative Ohio State program, and he could run block like no other.

Bill, you would put OPace better than Anthony Muñoz? Muñoz was a 11 time consecutive Pro-Bowler. Also a 10 time All-Pro... Almost double that of Pace... And it seems that Pace is slowing down now (missed Pro-Bowl in 2006, 2007).

:rolleyes:

Bill, you would put OPace better than Anthony Muñoz? Muñoz was a 11 time consecutive Pro-Bowler. Also a 10 time All-Pro... Almost double that of Pace... And it seems that Pace is slowing down now (missed Pro-Bowl in 2006, 2007).

:rolleyes:

Yes. I am talking in terms of a player being at his absolute peak. Pace appeared to be the stronget of them all, and by a lot.

My number one would be Bob Brown of the Eagles and raiders...60s and early 70s...followed closely by Anthony Munoz of Cincy.

Billy Shaw and Joe D both were scary good as well--probbly top 15-20 of all time.

Bob Brown is a very interesting choice, considering that he played RT.

For an overall career, he was probably the best RT ever but again.....for a couple of seasons, my choice would be Erik Williams in terms of a RT.

John Hannah was an absolute beast. Mike Webster may be the best center ever.

I agree. It is tough to rate OGs from the past because they were so much smaller in those days.

Still, Hannah was one of, if not the best. Props also go out to undrafted free agent Larry Little, and Highway 63, Gene Upshaw.