Jason Peters

lets_go_bills

I feel like a hypocrite saying this, but I just finished watching Peters' chat with the media on bb.com, and I am really glad he's back.

The guy was being selfish and didn't put the team first, but he really felt entitled to a pay raise. I'm still mad about it, but he's a Bill, and when he said he wants to stay with the Bills, that really maked me happy. I kinda want to forget the mess and move forward, cause what's done is done.

I certainly do not think he went about it the right way. But he clearly outplayed his contract and is a star at the second-highest paid position in football. I know I said I was gonna boo him when I saw him Week 3, and I still might, but seeing him in that video, makes me wanna forgive him. And he does deserve a raise, but Evans comes first.

It all really got driven home for me though, when he said he wanted to stay in Buffalo. That's important. I also liked how he said he was gonna get himself ready for Sunday vs. Jax. He's right back at it.

But I hope that knucklehead does go out there and busts his arse to dominate and make the Pro Bowl again.

Maybe we should just have a short memory, forget about it and move on. What's important is he's here now. Right?

He said that he felt holding out was the only card he had to play. Which is true since he is under contract for three more years. Still, it certainly didn't sit well with anyone in Bills-nation.

As a fan in the Bills nation I am disappointed with Peters for not showing up and playing (I think he could have sent the same message by showing up for pre-season game 3). However, it takes two to tango and I am disappointed with the FO (and really Ralph) and I think that while the Bills stance may have good business (itself a debatable proposition) but it was not putting the best team possible on the field and was not a profile in good sports management even if one buys the notion that it was good business practice.

What use to be a sport that also happened to be a business and now has become a business that also happens to be a sport is a small semantic difference but a big change in the sport I love.

The folks who do not see that the business and the sport are both legitimate things but two different things are shortsighted IMHO.

If he underperformed he would have been cut and the guaranteed bonus money was all his. I understand he over-performed, but he has no leverage with 3 years left. He should have been more collegial with the F.O. Instead he took his unleveraged A** and tried to make himself an issue to the detriment to the team. At the very least he should have called the F.O bluff, showed good faith, and then if he was screwed the fans would feel more for the guy.

Right now he's had one decent season as a pass-blocker, he's not very good at run-blocking.

.....Right now he's had one decent season as a pass-blocker, he's not very good at run-blocking.

Ahem......probowl.......considered by most analysts to be in the top 3 at his position.

Decent season as a pass-blocker :rolleyes:

Not very good at run-blocking(technically speaking probably correct......he is most likely simply good at run-blocking).

I remember there was a flurry of posts right after they signed Walker and Dockery to their deals...that Peters would line up for a raise. No way should he be 3rd highest paid on that line. He's outplayed his contract. However, he should've shown up 2 months ago as a good teammate.

thats exactly the point here. no question he deserves a raise. but staying at home and not saying anything is just bad situation-management. but im glad hes back. hopefully he can duplicate his last season :rolleyes:.

I feel like a hypocrite saying this, but I just finished watching Peters' chat with the media on bb.com, and I am really glad he's back.

The guy was being selfish and didn't put the team first, but he really felt entitled to a pay raise. I'm still mad about it, but he's a Bill, and when he said he wants to stay with the Bills, that really maked me happy. I kinda want to forget the mess and move forward, cause what's done is done.

I certainly do not think he went about it the right way. But he clearly outplayed his contract and is a star at the second-highest paid position in football. I know I said I was gonna boo him when I saw him Week 3, and I still might, but seeing him in that video, makes me wanna forgive him. And he does deserve a raise, but Evans comes first.

It all really got driven home for me though, when he said he wanted to stay in Buffalo. That's important. I also liked how he said he was gonna get himself ready for Sunday vs. Jax. He's right back at it.

But I hope that knucklehead does go out there and busts his arse to dominate and make the Pro Bowl again.

Maybe we should just have a short memory, forget about it and move on. What's important is he's here now. Right?

Absolutely. I wholeheartedly agree.

His decision to holdout cost everyone, including himself, the coaches, his teammates and the fans. But its over with. I hated the holdout, and I'm thrilled that management stood firm with him throughout the process and showed him this team is bigger than Jason Peters. But if Jason is willing to work hard and get back to knocking over two defenders on one play, we should welcome him back with open arms.

He's a tremendous athlete, and the best case scenario for this team is Jason Peters happy and locked up long-term. That scenario seems to be well within reach, so I hope we won't mess that up out of spite.

I'll probably be there week 3, and even as someone who repeatedly said we shouldn't cave in to his demands during the holdout and that this team could still win games without him, I will be cheering my ass off when he's announced. With the team winning week 1, I'm willing to forgive the guy.

Go Bills!!!

Absolutely. I wholeheartedly agree.

His decision to holdout costed everyone, including himself, the coaches, his teammates and the fans. But its over with. I hated the holdout, and I'm thrilled that management stood firm with him throughout the process and showed him this team is bigger than Jason Peters. But if Jason is willing to work hard and get back to knocking over two defenders on one play, we should welcome him back with open arms.

He's a tremendous athlete, and the best case scenario for this team is Jason Peters happy and locked up long-term. That scenario seems to be well within reach, so I hope we won't mess that up out of spite.

I'll probably be there week 3, and even as someone who repeatedly said we shouldn't cave in to his demands during the holdout and that this team could still win games without him, I will be cheering my ass off when he's announced. With the team winning week 1, I'm willing to forgive the guy.

Go Bills!!!

We are all glad he is back. I just don't want him in the lineup until he is completely in shape and his presence is an addition not a subtraction.

He may be the best athlete on the line but he may be more of a detriment if he makes a mental error. We had no penalties on offense last week. That was huge.

We are all glad he is back. I just don't want him in the lineup until he is completely in shape and his presence is an addition not a subtraction.

He may be the best athlete on the line but he may be more of a detriment if he makes a mental error. We had no penalties on offense last week. That was huge.

No disagreements here.

People did with the Lynch incident and the same will be the case for Peters.

When fans can forget and embrace a Pacman Jones, Lynch and Peters look like saints in front of him.

I think the situation is exactly as many of us have pointed out from the outset; namely --

1 -- Peters is not a bad guy;

2 -- He really felt underpaid based upon his performance and the salaries of teammates;

3 -- He was advised by his newly-retained agent that his only leverage was to hold out; and

4 -- Once the Bills held firm, he realized he would need to report and play in order to get what he wants.

There are no hard feelings, no evil-doings by Peters or the Bills, and no reason to keep this as a topic for debate now that Peters is back on the team. If he performs at close to the level he performed last season, he'll be made a very wealthy man.

I think the situation is exactly as many of us have pointed out from the outset; namely --

1 -- Peters is not a bad guy;

2 -- He really felt underpaid based upon his performance and the salaries of teammates;

3 -- He was advised by his newly-retained agent that his only leverage was to hold out; and

4 -- Once the Bills held firm, he realized he would need to report and play in order to get what he wants.

There are no hard feelings, no evil-doings by Peters or the Bills, and no reason to keep this as a topic for debate now that Peters is back on the team. If he performs at close to the level he performed last season, he'll be made a very wealthy man.

All true. Sometimes you have to look out for number one, yes. But this guy really missed the opportunity to get better because that's what camp is all about; meshing with your teamates, adapting to new schemes, and honing your skills. It is still disappointing and I'm surprised at how quickly I had a change of heart on this, lol. But I am gald he's back and I am ready to move forward with him.

I won't torture anyone by reposting the lyrics to "Could we start again, please?" but that is certainly a worthwhile sentiment. He showed up finally and he is apparently in as good a shape as possible under the circumstances so he wasn't, as many uncharitably speculated, sitting on his keester dowing whoppers by the score or hiding some catastrophic injury.

I don't think you are a hypocrite at all and in fact, I admire that after whatever anger you might have had over the situation, you are willing to let it go and remember what a decent guy and good ball player Peters is. There are others who were far harsher on Peters and they will have to figure out on their own what to do now that they are faced with the reality that Peters is not in fact the anti-christ.

Alls well that ends well.