$11,027 on tommorow

Mikie2times

Been here before guys, you saw my post. I had a pretty massive win two years ago. I posted on it. Crazy day that was. Here I sit again. I had a 6 team parlay, 5 have concluded, 5 wins. 3 with + odds. I've been debating on going to Windsor with people close to me. Hedge my bet. Guarantee $5,000 or more. I have about 10 people lined up to bring funds expecting a kick back. Screw that. This is my team. These are my Bills. We will win tomorrow. I will win 11k. If I wasn't sure I would drive to Windsor and guarantee myself $5,000. We will win tomorrow!!!!!!! GO M'UCKIN BILLS!!!!

Wager Type: Parlay (6 team)

Wager Status: Pending

Risk / To Win Amount: $100.00 / $11,027.46 (USD) Accepted 9/6/2008 12:32 PM - EST

Item #1

Wager Type: Money Line

Outcome: Pending

Sport / Period: NFL Football / Game

Line:

Buffalo Bills 9/7/2008 1:00 PM - (EST)

Item #2

Outcome: Win

Sport / Period: College Football / Game

Line:

Akron 9/6/2008 3:30 PM - (EST)

+165

* Game Notes:

(TM CH)

Item #3

Line:

Minnesota U 9/6/2008 7:30 PM - (EST)

+170

* Game Notes:

(TM CH) (ESPNU)

Item #4

Wager Type: Spread

Line:

Miami Florida 9/6/2008 8:00:01 PM - (EST)

+23½ -110

* Game Notes:

(TM CH) (ESPN)

Item #5

Line:

Rice 9/6/2008 8:00 PM - (EST)

+140

* Game Notes:

(CBC)

Item #6

Line:

Florida Atlantic 9/6/2008 4:00:01 PM - (EST)

-12½ -110

* Game Notes:

(TM CH) Added Game

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nicely done Mike, so far.

The biggest payout I was ever looking at was 18k, and I lost the last game. It was Favre and packers that choked at home. Good luck to you, though you obviously dont need it. I LOVE the 6 team parley, but in Vegas it only pays 52-1....

Go Bills!

nicely done Mike, so far.

The biggest payout I was ever looking at was 18k, and I lost the last game. It was Favre and packers that choked at home. Good luck to you, though you obviously dont need it. I LOVE the 6 team parley, but in Vegas it only pays 52-1....

Go Bills!

I did this as my job for 3 years. I'm a stat freak, a historian, a football nazi. I played in college. I understand emotions and variables as they relate to football. I've spent/wasted so many years of my life trying to understand it all. I'm shocked this parlay survived. I've been doing this long enough to know this was a special sequence of events that made this happen. I made some good calls, got some good breaks (you need to). Bottom line, I can drive to Windsor in less then an hour, hedge the bet, make 5 G's on my $100 bet and call it a day. F that. I believe in this team. We will win tomorrow. This is my team and I refuse to hedge my bet. I usually stick to the rules of professional gambling, one of the biggest says don't follow emotion. But I didn't in this regard. I'm sticking to my guns, we will win tomorrow because we have a better team, a more hungry team, a more understudied team, and it will be a great day for all of us. GO BILLS!!!

Tomorrow is our day!!!!!

Go big or get the F out of town!!

Hey good luck I'm rooting for you. I read the other post about the tax thing you can also claim your loses. I live in Vegas had about 28k in jackpots I claimed 28k in loses breaks you even. I probably lost more than that but couldn't prove it. Save the losing tickets ask your tax man if you don't believe me.

Good Luck

Hey good luck I'm rooting for you. I read the other post about the tax thing you can also claim your loses. I live in Vegas had about 28k in jackpots I claimed 28k in loses breaks you even. I probably lost more than that but couldn't prove it. Save the losing tickets ask your tax man if you don't believe me.

Good Luck

Thanks man. It's more like good luck to all of us. We need this just as much as I need this. This teams downfall has been it's slow starts.

As for the tax comments, I did this for a living for 3 years. Now I hold a normal job, 6 days, pretty much office space * 100. This won't get me out of it, but it it could spark my imagination (always wanted to run my own show).

MI/OH state doesn't let you net out your wins and losses like the feds do. Still, I paid taxes like a good boy. If you gamble in those two states and follow law you might as well stop gambling.....That is unless you can net a big win without spending much like this would be. This was my first, and could be my last play of the year if it works out.

Atta boy Kzoo, but I got a question and i am not trying to be a smart ass here. First, I do not bet much football, maybe only 5-10 games a year, and never play a parley, so I do not get them all the way I guess.

But why do some of your games read money line?? Is there a reason one would play the money line in a parley? Or am i just reading that wrong.

BTW, no matter how much I love the Bills, I would take the 5G's guaranteed and root like hell for em but never look back even if they win by 40!

Atta boy Kzoo, but I got a question and i am not trying to be a smart ass here. First, I do not bet much football, maybe only 5-10 games a year, and never play a parley, so I do not get them all the way I guess.

But why do some of your games read money line?? Is there a reason one would play the money line in a parley? Or am i just reading that wrong.

BTW, no matter how much I love the Bills, I would take the 5G's guaranteed and root like hell for em but never look back even if they win by 40!

I agree - great post, great bet, great passion for the Bills, but take the guaranteed money and pay part of the mortgage -

So what you are doing is basically betting $5K straight up on the Bills. That's a lot of money to lay on a single game, regardless of the teams. You should take the hedge (or at least make the $3k-$4k bet on the 'hawks as suggested above).

Been here before guys, you saw my post. I had a pretty massive win two years ago. I posted on it. Crazy day that was. Here I sit again. I had a 6 team parlay, 5 have concluded, 5 wins. 3 with + odds. I've been debating on going to Windsor with people close to me. Hedge my bet. Guarantee $5,000 or more. I have about 10 people lined up to bring funds expecting a kick back. Screw that. This is my team. These are my Bills. We will win tomorrow. I will win 11k. If I wasn't sure I would drive to Windsor and guarantee myself $5,000. We will win tomorrow!!!!!!! GO M'UCKIN BILLS!!!!

Wager Type: Parlay (6 team)

Wager Status: Pending

Risk / To Win Amount: $100.00 / $11,027.46 (USD) Accepted 9/6/2008 12:32 PM - EST

Item #1

Outcome: Pending

Sport / Period: NFL Football / Game

Line:

Buffalo Bills 9/7/2008 1:00 PM - (EST)

Item #2

Line:

Akron 9/6/2008 3:30 PM - (EST)

+165

* Game Notes:

(TM CH)

Item #3

Line:

Minnesota U 9/6/2008 7:30 PM - (EST)

+170

* Game Notes:

(TM CH) (ESPNU)

Item #4

Line:

Miami Florida 9/6/2008 8:00:01 PM - (EST)

+23½ -110

* Game Notes:

(TM CH) (ESPN)

Item #5

Line:

Rice 9/6/2008 8:00 PM - (EST)

+140

* Game Notes:

(CBC)

Item #6

Line:

Florida Atlantic 9/6/2008 4:00:01 PM - (EST)

-12½ -110

* Game Notes:

(TM CH) Added Game

That all makes my head hurt :wallbash: But good luck with all that anyway :beer:

Great job...again Mike!

I understand your desire to go "all in" on the Bills for the last game. I also recommend you hedge, but given how you feel, just a little. Make sure you at least cover your risk plus a nice gain. Specifically, it sounds like you're not thrilled with your day job. If it were me, I'd calculate how much time I spent researching, how much my day job pays, and make sure you get 10% more off your progress so far. Wouldn't that feel good? (If you spent a month non-stop researching then, um... nevermind.) When the Bills win, just consider the hedge bet a tip for the house.

I asked the Googlebot to pull up News & Notes from Tomorrow's NFL.com. Here is what he came up:

After tragic events, Losman reluctantly accepts starter's role.

JP Losman is again the Buffalo Bills starting QB. As has been widely reported, Trent Edwards body was found in the parking lot of One Bills Drive early Monday morning. Edwards horrific performance on Sunday prevented the Bills from winning the season opener against the Seahawks. Police are not sure yet whether this was a murder or a suicide. Edwards had been displaying strange behavior; most notably wearing gloves on a 72 degree day, so police initially suspected suicide. One detective who wished to remain nameless was quoted as saying "Normally we'd be thinking suicide, but the cause of death was a kazoo which was stabbed into Edwards ear and penetrated his brain. You just don't see many suicides by kazoo."

Source: NFL.com

Weird huh? Hey Mike, for the safety of everyone, hedge the bet even if it messes with the space time continuum.

Good Luck

can you save slot machine tickets for that purpose also?

I can't hedge this. Just can't. I understand why everybody wants me to. I thought about it for a long time.

Bottom line, if I lose, I lose $100. I can live with that.

Sure you could say I'm actually losing $5,000 because I could guarantee that with a hedge, but if the Bills win, and I hedge, I could also say I just lost $5,000.