Noticed on CNN coverage of GOP convention

Boatdrinks

something to the effect of "McCain: Change is coming.... "Now JM is talking about "change"? What change? How is continuing the Bush policies "change". Just asking. These repubs must really think Americans are full blown idiots. Continue Iraq war, raise taxes on middle class (work provided health care to be taxed as "income" above $5000 in value, about what you'd get at say ..mighty taco or something) select VP candidate who is against a womans right to choose and supported Pat Buchanan as Prez candidate, wants schools to "teach" creationism :lol: where exactly is the change????

He's not going to change much of anything, but if he does restore the rights of the unborn from murderers that's a huge change in itself. Imagine everyone having rights to life instead of being murdered under the pretext of choice? That change in itself would be fantastic than the holocaust against babies. Also, allowing schools to teach intelligent design is a positive change as it allows the ideas to become the debate, not the fringe lunatics who are not open minded to all of science, which includes the science of metaphysics. Even Charles Dawkins believes in intelligent design, as long as it might be an alien.

Also, what's the big deal about Palin supporting Buchanan? He would have been one candidate would have stopped all these pseudo-wars and brought our troops home, that cannot be said for McInsame or Obamination.

I see you are a spoon-fed liberal who eats the dog poo-poo the media gives you to eat. You should try to think beyond the talking points.

He's not going to change much of anything, but if he does restore the rights of the unborn from murderers that's a huge change in itself. Imagine everyone having rights to life instead of being murdered under the pretext of choice? That change in itself would be fantastic than the holocaust against babies. Also, allowing schools to teach intelligent design is a positive change as it allows the ideas to become the debate, not the fringe lunatics who are not open minded to all of science, which includes the science of metaphysics. Even Charles Dawkins believes in intelligent design, as long as it might be an alien.

Also, what's the big deal about Palin supporting Buchanan? He would have been one candidate would have stopped all these pseudo-wars and brought our troops home, that cannot be said for McInsame or Obamination.

I see you are a spoon-fed liberal who eats the dog poo-poo the media gives you to eat. You should try to think beyond the talking points.

I choose life, but I also think it is a woman's right to choose.

Hey Wacka, you have a new friend.

Is this guy for real or did Pasta Joe (RKFast) get a new alt? I hope so for you conservatives. Must be tough to take him into your fold...

Say, quick poll.

Who believes in the power of the Christian God, the spiritual father of Jesus Christ (just to be perfectly clear), to help heal people? Do you believe that prayer can help people?

He's not going to change much of anything, but if he does restore the rights of the unborn from murderers that's a huge change in itself. Imagine everyone having rights to life instead of being murdered under the pretext of choice? That change in itself would be fantastic than the holocaust against babies.

Sorry, it's not quite that simple, but you go ahead and keep thinking that.

Also, allowing schools to teach intelligent design is a positive change as it allows the ideas to become the debate, not the fringe lunatics who are not open minded to all of science, which includes the science of metaphysics. Even Charles Dawkins believes in intelligent design, as long as it might be an alien.

Give me an effin' break. ID is *NOT* science and thus has no place in a science class. It's more suited for a Philosophy class.

Whether he is a liberal or not has nothing to do with it. You're issue is that he doesn't eat the same spoon-fed religious right bullsh*t like you do.

He's not going to change much of anything, but if he does restore the rights of the unborn from murderers that's a huge change in itself. Imagine everyone having rights to life instead of being murdered under the pretext of choice? That change in itself would be fantastic than the holocaust against babies.

What a pressing presidential issue.

Also, allowing schools to teach intelligent design is a positive change as it allows the ideas to become the debate, not the fringe lunatics who are not open minded to all of science, which includes the science of metaphysics. Even Charles Dawkins believes in intelligent design, as long as it might be an alien.

THIS is important to you. Besides being unbelievably ignorant of science, you are charged up about teaching ID in science. Fine, I hope public schools spend 10 years teaching ID. People like you why public schools are disgrace.

something to the effect of "McCain: Change is coming.... "Now JM is talking about "change"? What change? How is continuing the Bush policies "change". Just asking. These repubs must really think Americans are full blown idiots. Continue Iraq war, raise taxes on middle class (work provided health care to be taxed as "income" above $5000 in value, about what you'd get at say ..mighty taco or something) select VP candidate who is against a womans right to choose and supported Pat Buchanan as Prez candidate, wants schools to "teach" creationism :wallbash: where exactly is the change????

It's change because it's coming from the Straight Talk - Country First Express. :thumbsup:

Besides being unbelievably ignorant of science, you are charged up about teaching ID in science. Fine, I hope public schools spend 10 years teaching ID. People like you why public schools are disgrace.

So true... Like I noted in my previous rants, you wonder why people are so ignorant with regards to science/medicine/math and what not.

Pun intended, I can see "the flood gates" opening up in the next ten years... Pregnant ladies taught that it is okay to walk around for a day before getting medical attention after their water has broken.

Let God decide over science!

:wallbash::thumbsup:

If the adoption rules in this country were easier there would be no shortage of wanting and loving parents.

Agreed, screening should still be tough, but adopted parents rights should be protected from birth parent intervention and contact if not wanted. I am adopted and am grateful for both my birth mom, who realized she couldn't take care of me at 48, a widow, and my folks who gave me a good home. I knew that I was adopted before I even understood what the word meant. Still had to deal with some separation crap later on that I didn't realize was there, but all in all I have no complaints given the grass on the other side of the street.

I am pro-choice for a lot of reasons, but abortions should be rare and adoption should be encouraged.

Well done. You've persuaded me to send even more money to Obama's campaign.

Hey Wacka, you have a new friend.

Is this guy for real or did Pasta Joe (RKFast) get a new alt? I hope so for you conservatives. Must be tough to take him into your fold...

Say, quick poll.

Who believes in the power of the Christian God, the spiritual father of Jesus Christ (just to be perfectly clear), to help heal people? Do you believe that prayer can help people?

Yes, probably. I think if a person buys into it and believes. Its sort of like the power of positive thinking. It might help a person cope and deal with a problem so they can relax and allow the body to heal. I don't think God actully hears the prayer and gives extra help to heal a person, though.

I also do not think that the stunt they pulled in Geogia last year where they prayed for rain works

To have unprotected sex then abort the consequences of her actions?

If that is what she wants to do. Most probably don't though. Perhaps if a morning after pill had been available for many years such as in Europe ( you know, the one the FDA recommended that the Bushies squashed on "moral" grounds) this would not be much of an issue anymore. Other means of birth control don't always work. What if you tried "family planning" and ooops! Then what? Why anyone cares what others do in the sack is beyond me. More right wing garbage.

So true... Like I noted in my previous rants, you wonder why people are so ignorant with regards to science/medicine/math and what not.

Pun intended, I can see "the flood gates" opening up in the next ten years... Pregnant ladies taught that it is okay to walk around for a day before getting medical attention after their water has broken.

Let God decide over science!

:w00t::w00t:

There is a difference between a politician supporting something and his actually giving a rats ass about it.

That has always been the knock on McCain in religious circles. Great voting record (conservatively speaking), but never pushing the agenda. I simply do not believe he will expend an ounce of political capital trying to drive social issues - he cares about national security, and fighting corruption and waste. That's it. He will have his hands full with a democratic congress as it is.

IMO the only legitimate concern lies with judicial nominations, which will be a huge headache for him. It will be difficult to ignore the base, but impossible to brow-beat congress, especially since he needs them on his side for the other issues.

If that is what she wants to do. Most probably don't though. Perhaps if a morning after pill had been available for many years such as in Europe ( you know, the one the FDA recommended that the Bushies squashed on "moral" grounds) this would not be much of an issue anymore. Other means of birth control don't always work. What if you tried "family planning" and ooops! Then what? Why anyone cares what others do in the sack is beyond me. More right wing garbage.

Because what people do in the "sack" is not just fun and games. There can be severe consequences. I'm not sure what you mean by "family planning".

Because what people do in the "sack" is not just fun and games. There can be severe consequences. I'm not sure what you mean by "family planning".

Hoo boy, I can only imagine the checklist you must have attached to your bedpost. Do you make your partner sign a pre-copulation agreement too?

Funniest thing was after the Palin speech, 5 of the 6 commentators spoke negatively about it. Next day almost all of the articles said it was a knock out and 37 million people tuned in to watch it.

I don't think I have to explain to you that not all 37 million tuned in because they agree with her or McCain on their platform (or lack thereof). And just about every one of us who can't stand her in this forum all said she made a good speech. She made a fabulous speech. But it was short on any specifics, long on rhetoric and personal attacks, something McCain says he's above, and loaded with inaccuracies and flat-out lies. However, it doesn't mean she didn't orate those lies well.

I don't think I have to explain to you that not all 37 million tuned in because they agree with her or McCain on their platform (or lack thereof). And just about every one of us who can't stand her in this forum all said she made a good speech. She made a fabulous speech. But it was short on any specifics, long on rhetoric and personal attacks, something McCain says he's above, and loaded with inaccuracies and flat-out lies. However, it doesn't mean she didn't orate those lies well.

Yeah...I know prob half that watched did it cuz they hate her....same with Obama and McCain. But the CNN folks were nothing but negative about the speech and were giving it no credit. Hell, even Olberman gave a slight compliment and even as you say, folks here did as well. Like or hate the speech, it gave one hell of impact, and the CNN folks made it out to be a waste of everybody's time.

Yeah...I know prob half that watched did it cuz they hate her....same with Obama and McCain. But the CNN folks were nothing but negative about the speech and were giving it no credit. Hell, even Olberman gave a slight compliment and even as you say, folks here did as well. Like or hate the speech, it gave one hell of impact, and the CNN folks made it out to be a waste of everybody's time.

Not sure, but I think the McCain camp and CNN are in a pissing match. They are going after Palin right now. Wonder what is up. But there is definitely and axe being ground here. It can't be good for the McCain camp, wonder if it dates back to that airline thing. The NY Times is an easy whipping boy for the GOP, but CNN is a different story.

Not sure, but I think the McCain camp and CNN are in a pissing match. They are going after Palin right now. Wonder what is up. But there is definitely and axe being ground here. It can't be good for the McCain camp, wonder if it dates back to that airline thing. The NY Times is an easy whipping boy for the GOP, but CNN is a different story.

It goes back straight to McCain bailing on a live interview a couple of nights ago because of the way they treated a Palin staffer earlier during an interview.

So naturally, CNN does the right thing and starts going after people because...you know...they didn't get their way. You should have seen their one reporter all but sounding like a three-year-old about the cancelled interview. It was, in a word, embarrassing. I remember when CNN used to report news.

It goes back straight to McCain bailing on a live interview a couple of nights ago because of the way they treated a Palin staffer earlier during an interview.

So naturally, CNN does the right thing and starts going after people because...you know...they didn't get their way. You should have seen their one reporter all but sounding like a three-year-old about the cancelled interview. It was, in a word, embarrassing. I remember when CNN used to report news.

CNN is a joke! I can't believe the liberals have the nerve to trash Fox News when CNN is just as bad. liberals

= hypocrite.

! Poor Tucker Bounds got caught without his talking points so now we won't give your network any interviews, waaaaaaa! Right-wingers get their panties in such a bunch whenever someone calls them out on their bull sh--.