OK, Screw It

Bill from NYC

Did McGahee? Nobody else wanted to touch him after his knee injury. Donahoser spent a 1st rounder on him.

You're right. Good point. Peters has become every bit the ungrateful ass hole that McStupid was, before we dumped him on the Ravens in return for Trent Edwards.

('Cept at least McGahee showed up for work, worked hard at re-habbing that knee, and seemed - at least for a short time - thankful that the Bills gave him a chance. Then he turned in a complete moron, much like Peters has. Come to think of it, the two are quite similar.)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I figure Peters has to find the most face saving way (assuming there is a face saving way) to get back right away unless he is planning on sitting out the season. He played his hand and the bills stood firm. Now its pretty much over for him, and the bills seem ready to carry on without him.

Evans should negotiate an extension and the bills should open up their wallets. He's a keeper.

Yeah, and not that this dead horse isn't already beaten Buffalo Bills red and blue, but from the beginning, I've not known where to stand on this issue, which is what makes this particular holdout so perplexing.

On one hand, you've got a guy who came from nothing, the team went out on a limb and gave him a better than deserved contract for what he was when it was inked and he signed it happily. Stands to reason just by that statement that he should have no reason to complain. But, then you add that he did, indeed (and I don't think anyone is arguing this point) prove himself worthy of not just the current contract, but a far better one, especially considering the fact that the team spent a ton of money on Derrick Dockery and Langston Walker. At the time, nobody in Bills land could argue those contracts because we sorely needed that kind of beef on the line. (In my mind, Dockery was the better signing at the time, but Langston Walker has turned out to be a hell of a find, too...if not the better of the two).

So, I think that the Bills do owe Peters more money. The problem I have, and from what I've gathered, most of you, too, is that why can't HE exercise a little bit of faith in a team that exercised a lot of it on him? Hell, I'm even fine with him skipping training camp. If I were him, I probably would, too. (Why risk injury in meaningless games, especially if you're gunning for a better contract? Just this man's humble opinion) But, by now, he should be here. He should be in that lineup on opening day. And THAT is the misery of it. He played his best hand all at once and the Bills called him on it. He might have had a flush, but in my mind, the Bills have the Royal Flush. (no pun about current tight ends intended)

So, here we are. I blame both sides. Yeah, doofus has the responsibility to report. But, if I were the Bills' front office (and I'm surely not) I'd be knocking on this guy's door on a daily basis. They say he hasn't called them, but I find it hard to believe that they don't know where he lives. Get someone over there! I'm not suggesting that they pay him now. I'm suggesting that they at least convince the idiot that it's better to play this season on good faith and that they will definately take care of him, yada yada yada, ad nauseum.

Ok...so there's my take. Add it to the very large pile.

Yeah, and not that this dead horse isn't already beaten Buffalo Bills red and blue, but from the beginning, I've not known where to stand on this issue, which is what makes this particular holdout so perplexing.

On one hand, you've got a guy who came from nothing, the team went out on a limb and gave him a better than deserved contract for what he was when it was inked and he signed it happily. Stands to reason just by that statement that he should have no reason to complain. But, then you add that he did, indeed (and I don't think anyone is arguing this point) prove himself worthy of not just the current contract, but a far better one, especially considering the fact that the team spent a ton of money on Derrick Dockery and Langston Walker. At the time, nobody in Bills land could argue those contracts because we sorely needed that kind of beef on the line. (In my mind, Dockery was the better signing at the time, but Langston Walker has turned out to be a hell of a find, too...if not the better of the two).

So, I think that the Bills do owe Peters more money. The problem I have, and from what I've gathered, most of you, too, is that why can't HE exercise a little bit of faith in a team that exercised a lot of it on him? Hell, I'm even fine with him skipping training camp. If I were him, I probably would, too. (Why risk injury in meaningless games, especially if you're gunning for a better contract? Just this man's humble opinion) But, by now, he should be here. He should be in that lineup on opening day. And THAT is the misery of it. He played his best hand all at once and the Bills called him on it. He might have had a flush, but in my mind, the Bills have the Royal Flush. (no pun about current tight ends intended)

So, here we are. I blame both sides. Yeah, doofus has the responsibility to report. But, if I were the Bills' front office (and I'm surely not) I'd be knocking on this guy's door on a daily basis. They say he hasn't called them, but I find it hard to believe that they don't know where he lives. Get someone over there! I'm not suggesting that they pay him now. I'm suggesting that they at least convince the idiot that it's better to play this season on good faith and that they will definately take care of him, yada yada yada, ad nauseum.

Ok...so there's my take. Add it to the very large pile.

Can't really argue with any of that. If you are not going to redo his deal this year but are willing to next year and that is the sticking point, both sides should be talking themselves silly trying to find a fix. Maybe each side has underestimated the staying power of the other and has been taken by surprise with no plan "B" in the works other than continued hope that the other guy can't possibly keep this up.

No, it still has not cost him anything. However, will you change your mind after Sunday? You still think he is playing Sunday and going to get paid? The Bills still have not played a game this year, but I'm betting they will on Sunday. You have some good points but why you stick with it has not cost him a dime yet.....

The time to assess whether, in the end, it was worth it for him would be down the road when its all over. If you assessed Larry Johnsons situation one hour before his signed that new deal last year, you could have made the same argument about what it cost Johnson as people are making here about Peters. The same could be said about T.Owens and the Eagles. It looked pretty bad when they suspended him, even worse when they filed suit to get their SB back. A few years later and the best thing that ever happened to Owens on the field and in his wallet was what happened in Philly.

Sure it looks bad for Jason Peters right now and you can count me among those who still think he might show before Sunday to save that game check. But we won't know who won this until its over and obviously, it isn't over.

As high as the tide on this board is against him now, when Walker went down in that preseason game, the board was doing a 180 for about 30 minutes on Jason Peters, from "let him rot" to "sign him now, now, now".

Holding out in preaseason is one thing but for the regular season? Unbeleiveable.

Can't really argue with any of that. If you are not going to redo his deal this year but are willing to next year and that is the sticking point, both sides should be talking themselves silly trying to find a fix. Maybe each side has underestimated the staying power of the other and has been taken by surprise with no plan "B" in the works other than continued hope that the other guy can't possibly keep this up.

Nice backtrack. Please point to even a hint that Bills wouldn't consider raising Peters' contract at some point?

Nice of you to acknowledge that this needs to be a two-sided negotiation, while only one side has been very selfish and stupid about its position.

I figure Peters has to find the most face saving way (assuming there is a face saving way) to get back right away unless he is planning on sitting out the season. He played his hand and the bills stood firm.

One way the situation can play itself out for both sides to 'save face':

Peters & the Bills come to an agreement in the next 2 days but keep it under wraps

In the Seahawks game, the Bills are ahead by a large margin and Walker fakes an injury.

Peters then calls up the Bills and offers to 'take one for the team' and report for work

Peters starts playing and viola a contract is announced a few days later. Both sides come out smelling like roses.

Welcome back, Bill!!

Let's go, Buffalo!! :lol::lol:

Yeah, I ended my holdout before Peters. :lol:

I get myself worked up into enough of a frenzy watching games. Too much, let alone the draft. If I must live out my golden years without a pro bowl LT, at least I will do so as a Bills Fan.

Watch Trent; I think that he is going to surprise a lot of Bills Fans and really take charge of the game and the team. :lol:

Yeah, I ended my holdout before Peters. :lol:

I get myself worked up into enough of a frenzy watching games. Too much, let alone the draft. If I must live out my golden years without a pro bowl LT, at least I will do so as a Bills Fan.

Watch Trent; I think that he is going to surprise a lot of Bills Fans and really take charge of the game and the team. :lol:

Of course, Bill, you realize that we would never let you go. That's why they have the franchise tag.... :lol:

Of course, Bill, you realize that we would never let you go. That's why they have the franchise tag.... :lol:

There will never be a day of my life in which I am not a fan of the Bills. That was not in question.

What I don't want to do is have a heart attack because of Jason Peters and his contract. I can see the point of both Peters and Ralph but Peters isn't here. Now, I give a f :lol: about him as much as he gives a f :lol: about us.

Oh well, guess he will sit for three years and get fat.

If Peters does not report by week 10 he will still have 3 years remaining on his contract...part of the collective bargaining agreement

(sorry if this has been posted, didn't have time to look through all the replys)

There will never be a day of my life in which I am not a fan of the Bills. That was not in question.

What I don't want to do is have a heart attack because of Jason Peters and his contract. I can see the point of both Peters and Ralph but Peters isn't here. Now, I give a f :lol: about him as much as he gives a f :lol: about us.

Well said all the way around. Here, this will help calm things down.... :lol:

I have to admit that things like this simply reinforce my firm belief that rooting for the laundry, or the symbol on the helmet, is the only sensible approach. Why should I care at all about the inhabitants of those helmets? They don't sit around worrying if I will get tenure, or how I will feed my family. I want the best players the team can get, but I can't feel any attachment to the players as people. Is that wrong?