Farve Love Fest By National Media

If I read one more quote from someone in the national sports media annointing the Jets as the darling AFC wildcard pick just because Farve is behind center I'm going to hurl.

I have a lot of respect for the guy, but he is ancient by football standards and has had two horrible seasons out of the past three. Now he's in a new offense for the first time in nearly two decades and playing in the furor known as NYC.

While I wouldn't be totally suprised if he has some success, I think it's twice as likely that he stinks up the Meadowlands this Fall. So for every national talking head that has swapped the Jets for the Bills as his/her AFC wildcard pick, I hope you have to eat your chessehead hat come December.

If I read one more quote from someone in the national sports media annointing the Jets as the darling AFC wildcard pick just because Farve is behind center I'm going to hurl.

I have a lot of respect for the guy, but he is ancient by football standards and has had two horrible seasons out of the past three. Now he's in a new offense for the first time in nearly two decades and playing in the furor known as NYC.

While I wouldn't be totally suprised if he has some success, I think it's twice as likely that he stinks up the Meadowlands this Fall. So for every national talking head that has swapped the Jets for the Bills as his/her AFC wildcard pick, I hope you have to eat your chesseheaad hat come December.

Favre is easily in the top 10 QBs in the league and maybe the top 5. This is a huge upgrade for the Jets and he'll make the whole team better. The Jets have some weaknesses, but they made some good moves in the off-season and IMO will be a handful for the Bills this year.

Just another example of the media being a business. They have to have something to bull$heet about. Way too much made of this to fill time.

Also, New York is the biggest NFL market and they are going to harp on the Favre thing because it gets a lot of attention and therefore sales.

I agree though. Even if Favre has a season like last season it's on a less talented team.

While I wouldn't be totally suprised if he has some success, I think it's twice as likely that he stinks up the Meadowlands this Fall. So for every national talking head that has swapped the Jets for the Bills as his/her AFC wildcard pick, I hope you have to eat your chesseheaad hat come December.

Favre had one of his better seasons last year...the learning a new system excuse is severely overblown...Favre has been in the league how many years? I think he'll handle the media just fine

the Jets will be a fun team to watch this year because I think they will be in a lot of high scoring games

the Jets are a popular pick just as the Bills are as well as the Cardinals who are picked to be the team on the rise every year and you know what all that means...NOTHING

I will never understand why people care so much about what the media say and who they pick...they dont know jack

Favre had one of his better seasons last year...the learning a new system excuse is severely overblown...Favre has been in the league how many years? I think he'll handle the media just fine

the Jets will be a fun team to watch this year because I think they will be in a lot of high scoring games

the Jets are a popular pick just as the Bills are as well as the Cardinals who are picked to be the team on the rise every year and you know what all that means...NOTHING

I will never understand why people care so much about what the media say and who they pick...they dont know jack

Good post.

If we are objective, I think the Bills will be a better team this year, than they were last year, but I think the media, pre-Favre to the Jets, was kind of "overblowing" the Bills a bit. The Bills had some major weaknesses last season. They have addressed these weaknesses, but

none of their solutions are "sure things". To me, the Bills greatest off season addition will be Turk Schonert as OC. If we get the Marcus Stroud of two or three years ago, that could be huge, but, of not, the Bills defense may not be a lot better than last year. If that happens, the Bills won't do much more than they did last season. And, if Trent Edwards can stablize the Bills QB sitution, this team may, finally, be ready to "make some noise".

As one who predicted way back, before it was even a rumour, that Favre would end up with the Jets, I think this move will elevate that team quite a bit. I am not sure that they will be worlds better than the Bills, and likely not New England, but they will be, IMO, five or six games better with Favre, than they would have been with Pennington. Sure, Favre may hit the age wall this season, but he will make that team a force, just as he made less talented Green Bay teams a factor for many years. I think people here, maybe out of fear, are really over stating that the Jets are a bad team. They were a playoff team in 2006, and IMO, have had a lot of decent offensive players. What has held them back, was their erratic QB play, and problems in the trenches. They have addressed all of those issues, with top name players, who have played well, very recently.

I am psyched for this season, and I hope to god that the Bills are playoff bound...but I think the Jets sudden relevance make it more likely that they don't finish a lot better than last season...my predictions for the AFC East:

New England- 11-5

Bills 9-7

Jets 9-7

Dolphins 5-11

I think the Pats are the division winner still, but it won't be the runaway as it has in the past. It will be an interesting race....the Bills will be battling it out Jacksonville (or maybe the Colts?), Houston, Tennesse, Clevland and the Favres' for those last two Wild Card spots.

I respect Favre's career also but still hope he fails miserably for New Jersey.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Fa...?urn=nfl,104711

Farve is a bigger drama queen than girls who live for drama.

"I think Aaron Rodgers will do a real good job, barring injury," Favre said, "but if you're a betting man and said, 'Who gives us the best chance to win right now?' . . . This isn't bragging, but I think I would. Aaron may play great, and they'll look like geniuses, but to not welcome me back . . . I just assumed it was the fear of upsetting Aaron, not only now but in the future. To me, that's ridiculous, totally ridiculous."

Really? This offense relies on timing not just winging it which is what favre wants to do. Hes already asked the jets coaching staff to dumb down the offense so he can rely on his physical ability. As for the media hes going from a place where he could do no wrong as seen here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M-qvHrY95s

But will the NY Media with its what have you done lately mentality gonna forgive when he adds to that INT record?