My god, does WGR ever give it a rest?

Now Schopp & the Dope are railing against Jauron for being "patronizing." WTF?? Its like they spend all their time finding outrage in the smallest cracks. Oh, and of course their favorite phrase "SLAP IN THE FACE" is being bandied about freely. Ponderous...flippin' ponderous!

It is so depressing. I live in New England and have to listen to WEEI belittle the Bills. Then I come home and our hometown sports talker is doing the same thing. :thumbsup:

PTR

Now Schopp & the Dope are railing against Jauron for being "patronizing." WTF?? Its like they spend all their time finding outrage in the smallest cracks. Oh, and of course their favorite phrase "SLAP IN THE FACE" is being bandied about freely. Ponderous...flippin' ponderous!

PTR

Promo, it does get tiresome, doesn't it?

I mean some times it's so OBVIOUS that you wonder whether they are kidding or not.

BTW, how long before they start ripping on Gill now that they are no longer the flagship station for UB Football AND b/c they don't really like football anyways?

Promo, it does get tiresome, doesn't it?

I mean some times it's so OBVIOUS that you wonder whether they are kidding or not.

BTW, how long before they start ripping on Gill now that they are no longer the flagship station for UB Football AND b/c they don't really like football anyways?

I half expected GR to start bashing UB too. Schopp is actually praising UB but he's calling WR Naaman Roosevelt "Mohammed." How does Roosevelt turn into Mohammed???

turn them off. sports radio is the one medium that is consistently below the internet/message boards when it comes to credibility and sophistication.

I do know that but I so want to hear some Bills talk that isn't pointless bitching. Is that so much too ask?

PTR

Those guys are just brutal. Everyday at 3 I put them on and everyday by 3:30 they are off. I go in expecting something interesting but get tennis talk from the West Seneca courts instead. They are truly lucky to be the only sports talk gig in town.

I actually agree 100% with every point they're making today regarding the rip-off that was the final pre-season game. My guess is many fans do, as well.

If you don't like it, just turn it off.

What did the fans expect? It was pre-season. Did you want all the starters to play? It does suck that these games are full price but they have been that way for years and it will not change. Complaining will not help.

I actually agree 100% with every point they're making today regarding the rip-off that was the final pre-season game. My guess is many fans do, as well.

If you don't like it, just turn it off.

What exactly were you expecting from the 4th preseason game? I hate paying for preseason games as much as the next guy, but I don't expect starters and game planning in the 4th game. Perhaps the anger should be directed at the NFL instead of the Bills.

It's a slap in the face...A SLAP IN THE FACE!!! My god, how many times will we be SLAPPED IN THE FACE???? Oh, the humanity!

Seriously, if we got a starter injured during a two minute drill, they'd be screaming about why are the starters playing so much?

PTR

Well then you guys just aren't listening to what they're saying.

They aren't arguing for starters playing at all, and neither am I. Rather, they are arguing that for a team that was bad last year, and for a coach who yaps on and on about how these games are important for players to audition for roster spots not only on the Bills but other teams around the league, they could actually use these games to, you know... improve the team?

Treat it like a game. See what you really have depth-wise. Coach like you have a clue. See if your backups can actually run a two-minute offense. Give fans at least a BIT of their money's worth.

If you can't grasp the nuance, I don't know what to tell you.

Promo....

PROMO!!!!!!

Get a grip - they're ass holes. You already KNOW that.

There'll be no intelligent Bills talk on 'GR, partly cause Dope and Bulldog are both incredibly stupid, and partly 'cause it's their job to bash the Bills and boost the 'bres.

Now turn off the radio, and slowly move away...

Promo....

PROMO!!!!!!

Get a grip - they're ass holes. You already KNOW that.

There'll be no intelligent Bills talk on 'GR, partly cause Dope and Bulldog are both incredibly stupid, and partly 'cause it's their job to bash the Bills and boost the 'bres.

Now turn off the radio, and slowly move away...

I actually agree with that, too.

Promo and others, don't get me wrong. I can't stand the obvious bias the GR afternoon team obviously has against the Bills in favor of the Sabres (and now maybe the BULLS in favor of the Bills?), and yell at my radio more often than not when they're making their ridiculous points about how the NFL is falling apart, the Bills are a joke, etc...

... I just happen to agree with them on the wasted night that was the fourth pre-season game. To me, its symptomatic of a larger problem with the coaching staff. That's all.

If you can, watch NFL Network and see how many other teams did the same thing. I can't believe people are complaining about this. I'm pretty sure the team had their mind made up before this game who was going to be cut. There are maybe 1-2 decisions they have to make. This was the 4th pre-season game. Use a little perspective.

with the exception of NFL Radio on Sirius I havent listened to sports radio in about 10 years....their job is to get you to call in and what better way to do that then to piss everyone off...its pathetic

If you can, watch NFL Network and see how many other teams did the same thing. I can't believe people are complaining about this. I'm pretty sure the team had their mind made up before this game who was going to be cut. There are maybe 1-2 decisions they have to make. This was the 4th pre-season game. Use a little perspective.

Good point. John Fox (Panthers HC) had his starters warm up thinking that they were going to play 1 or 2 series and at the last minute, told them all that they weren't playing.

We've all heard the expression, "if you can't beat em', join 'em.". WGR uses the opposite philosophy..."If you can't join 'em (they do't have the Buffalo Bills rights for their station), beat (on) 'em".

It looks like THEY get BEAT in the ratings by pretty much everyone-including a station in Canada by 50%.

http://www.radioandrecords.com/RRRatings/D...0%20AM&CE=0

In radio terms, that looks like a "QB rating" of about a 9!