MY Theory on Peters situation

Stussy109

Ralph only has so many dollars sitting in his bank account available for upfront bonus money.

Ralph is aware of the types of #'s Lee Evans is asking for.

They are probably very close to a deal with Lee Evans.

They know they will have to resign Edwards after this season.

---Guy Probably makes less than $500,000

#1 WR and #1 QB signing bonus money will be a large sum.

This is why we are playing hardball with Peters and hearing quotes stating that any new money will be earned next year.

I have a feeling that the money just isn't there. :thumbsup:

to answer the poster, yea, there are financial dynamics and hedging that is taking place. like we keep saying, the team is not a cash cow. but as many guys as you sign, you get rid of guys too. in with the new and out with the new. the kelsay deal was not warranted. he is overpaid. denny ($3 MILLION FOR NOTHING) should be cut. DONTE WHITTNER MAKES $8 (eight) million per season. what a waste. peerless price is still being paid -- i thnk. evans will want BIG money. $50 mil with 13-18 guaranteed. melvin fowler makes a little over $3 mil. Peters wants $8-12 mil. wilson has a below 500% team. something has to give...

We all have heard that "there will be no negotiations with a player who's not even in camp". We all know that our team has handled the "salary cap" well over the past few years. We have money to re-sign our players who have earned it. Peters is already scheduled to get $3.5 MILLION this year. If he don't want it, I'll glady take it.

That aside, your theory is not reality. If Peters was here from the time workouts started, they'd be negotiating. Evans will get his money regardless. Edwards hasn't proven anything yet to have his contract "upgraded". Just because you're named the starter for a team doesn't give you a new contract. If he has a solid year and shows improvement, then maybe.

Ralph only has so many dollars sitting in his bank account available for upfront bonus money.

This is why we are playing hardball with Peters and hearing quotes stating that any new money will be earned next year.

The better a team gets, the more their players cost. Buffalo will have plenty of tough decisions in the next few years as guys like Edwards, Posluszny, Crowell, McGee, Lynch, and perhaps Whitner will need or want new contracts. There's no way to sign them all and some will not remain. Polian deals with this every year, and finds a way to replace talent. Guys like Jason David and Cato June leave, and they have already drafted their replacement in a Marin Jackson or Freedie Keiaho type. At the same time, Indy made sure to keep Manning, Freeney, Sanders, Wayne, and Harrison for the long term.

Buffalo has decided to spend far less than the cap, which has become a growing trend in the NFL. It's also important for the personnel people to provide Wilson with sound advice about who to open his wallet to and who not to. Evans has been decided on, primarily because they lack of threat at WR, but I've got a feeling people like Crowell and McGee are players they believe are replaceable.

Regardless, Peters should be re-signed at some point. He's too valuable to their selected franchise QB and team success. They have money to work with, but they're not ready financially to do it this season. If he departs this team via trade and can play at his current level, the front office immediately becomes one, if not the worst in the NFL. After all, I keep hearing about now and playing well now. Draft picks don't help this season.

why do people insist on making this more then it is...they already gave Peters a new deal that still has 3 years left on it and the team has stated over and over that they wont negotiate with a player that is holding out

its that simple and the absolute right thing to do

lol. that was a little harsh. but funny.

to answer the poster, yea, there are financial dynamics and hedging that is taking place. like we keep saying, the team is not a cash cow. but as many guys as you sign, you get rid of guys too. in with the new and out with the new. the kelsay deal was not warranted. he is overpaid. denny ($3 MILLION FOR NOTHING) should be cut. DONTE WHITTNER MAKES $8 (eight) million per season. what a waste. peerless price is still being paid -- i thnk. evans will want BIG money. $50 mil with 13-18 guaranteed. melvin fowler makes a little over $3 mil. Peters wants $8-12 mil. wilson has a below 500% team. something has to give...

Whats going to give is Wilson. Pick any person who is just about to kick the bucket. Time is short and Wilson has made his decision to spend thriftyly and make as much money as he can. This guy is not trying to win a Superbowl, just trying to keep the face on that he is. How many people would say let me shake the piggy bank and win a dam Superbowl? The only way we win the Superbowl is if we get lucky with talent, not by some complicated crafty personnel evaluation.

wilson is even more resolute now, than he has ever been. he has seen the demise of the player who plays for the team and jersey -- turn into a agent run hood winking operation. that as$hoel drew rossenhaus. now eugene parker, a former basketball star who got a law degree from purdue and now thinks he is puff daddy of the sporting word. these con-artist can go to hell. I SUPPORT WILSON. WE ARE A FAMILY A TEAM. PETERS CAN JOIN OR BE A PUs$Y ROBOT who ain't a man who shows up and palys his tail off for an honest salary and contract!

Whats going to give is Wilson. Pick any person who is just about to kick the bucket. Time is short and Wilson has made his decision to spend thriftyly and make as much money as he can. This guy is not trying to win a Superbowl, just trying to keep the face on that he is. How many people would say let me shake the piggy bank and win a dam Superbowl? The only way we win the Superbowl is if we get lucky with talent, not by some complicated crafty personnel evaluation.

WTF is going on here? It's like a freakin' tag team match - Mickey gets his ass kicked around the ring, manages to struggle back to his corner and slap BillsVet's hand, and we're off again!!!! :thumbsup:

Since it's only about 4 people against the entire Bills nation, I think the people offering the opinion that the Bills are mishandling the situation are holding their own.

However, I think both sides could use some new arguments. I know I'm out.

Since it's only about 4 people against the entire Bills nation, I think the people offering the opinion that the Bills are mishandling the situation are holding their own.

Holding their own what? :thumbsup:

Not to mention If Stroud plays to his potential , I see him getting a new contract next year.

F Jason Peters.

Most of Bills nation cheer for Mr Potter when watching "it's a wonderful Life" share Smithers lust for Mr Burns- and thought Scrooge was just a great guy until he went soft in the end.