Obama's Speech

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont care what party u r. that speech tonight was a masterpiece. im to young to remember jfl or mlking or abe lincoln's speeches. but damn, obama was incredible tonight. wow...that was great entertainment....

You're absolutely right about it being great entertainment. :sick:

it was one of the greatest speeches I've heard. Reminds you of the greatness of this country and why it is great. Probably wrong forum, but I don't blame you for not wanting to go to the politics forum which I haven't ventured into for almost 4 years and a different id name ago.

This country is in deep trouble. We need something new. Anybody who watched that speech and was not impressed is either lying to him/herself, or totally insane. The guy has accomplished more with his short life than anybody I have ever met. I have quite a few friends who are republicans and I think they are very intelligent. I don't know much about politics, apparently. All I know is that gas is triple what it was when GW took over, the deficit is ridiculous, we are fighting a war we shouldn't have started, and I make less money now than I did 8 years ago. If that makes GW a great president, then so be it. I think it's time to give somebody else a chance. McCain is insane, I think his first day in office he would push a button and make Vietnam go away.

Overall, I thought Obama's speech was above average. He can deliver when it comes to speeches, he is a very good talker. I actually thought the bio video they showed before his speech was more impressive.

He had an impact with the crowd, of course he was preaching to the choir, as John McCain will do next week.

As far as substance, I did'nt hear anything all that different from his previous speeches. A few new things, but again everything is all general with no specifics.

I'm waiting for the debates, that is what will really count.

This country is in deep trouble. We need something new. Anybody who watched that speech and was not impressed is either lying to him/herself, or totally insane. The guy has accomplished more with his short life than anybody I have ever met. I have quite a few friends who are republicans and I think they are very intelligent. I don't know much about politics, apparently. All I know is that gas is triple what it was when GW took over, the deficit is ridiculous, we are fighting a war we shouldn't have started, and I make less money now than I did 8 years ago. If that makes GW a great president, then so be it. I think it's time to give somebody else a chance. McCain is insane, I think his first day in office he would push a button and make Vietnam go away.

i know its the wrong board but i am personally a republican but i believe Bush has done a terrible job but im still going to vote for mccain. Mccain has never shown himself to be off the wagon and crazy i feel like he would be a safe choice. Something about a man that REFUSES to say the pledge of allegiance and schooled in muslim schooling makes me a little nervous, thats just me. Incase your wondering thats Obama im talking about

i know its the wrong board but i am personally a republican but i believe Bush has done a terrible job but im still going to vote for mccain. Mccain has never shown himself to be off the wagon and crazy i feel like he would be a safe choice. Something about a man that REFUSES to say the pledge of allegiance and schooled in muslim schooling makes me a little nervous, thats just me. Incase your wondering thats Obama im talking about

Do you actually think those things are true, or are you just trying to piss people off (trolling)?

i dont care what party u r. that speech tonight was a masterpiece. im to young to remember jfl or mlking or abe lincoln's speeches. but damn, obama was incredible tonight. wow...that was great entertainment....

The very last thing I would ever do on this board is get into a political dicussion. But I really like your screen name.

You don't really believe that crap do you? You'd have to be stupid on the scale of a 2 on the Wonderlic to buy into that crap. That nonsense in no different from the nutjobs claiming that McCain made tapes for the Vietcong as a prisoner.

Here's a tip for you, stop listening to that fat drug addict Limbaugh and Shammity and go out and do some of your own research. If you still think that McCain is the better candidate then by all means cast your vote.

If you really think the last 8 years have been awesome then you're living in a different world than I am.

Ah yes, the new change, same as the old change.

Outside of the lofty rhetoric, what is different?

Here's a tip for you, stop listening to that fat drug addict Limbaugh and Shammity and go out and do some of your own research. If you still think that McCain is the better candidate then by all means cast your vote.

If you really think the last 8 years have been awesome then you're living in a different world than I am.

Quite the post.

The first paragraph that I posted wanted him to do his own research. The second sentence repeated the DNC talking point that McCain = 4 more years.

Quite the post.

The first paragraph that I posted wanted him to do his own research. The second sentence repeated the DNC talking point that McCain = 4 more years.

McCain = 4 more years of REPUBLICAN leadership. That's 4 more years I'm not willing to give them.

McCain the maverick died 4 years ago......I would have voted for that guy. I don't know who this McCain is?

McCain = 4 more years of REPUBLICAN leadership. That's 4 more years I'm not willing to give them.

McCain the maverick died 4 years ago......I would have voted for that guy. I don't know who this McCain is?

So you're going to vote for a Dem? Cuz they're so much better.

This is so off topic it doesn't belong here and I hope it gets deleted.

BTW, Obama is a Muslim!!! :thumbsup: