ESPN NFL Live AFC East Preview

Just watched NFL live's afc east preview... Both "experts" (Eric Allen and Marcellus Wiley) predict 8-8 for the bills with the cheatriots at 13-3 and Jets at 9-7.

One also listed Marshawn as the most important offensive player and leodis as the most impactful rookie...

Always good when the Bills get at least a little love on ESPN... Jauron was also named as the coach on the hot seat

Anyone else see this... thoughts?

Wow, they say the Bills (despite losing no one and adding some talented players) will win 1 game more than last year when they suffered a ton of injuries, and that's giving "love?"

Not to mention we switched the NFC North with the NFC West and the NFC East with the NFC West.

Wow, they say the Bills (despite losing no one and adding some talented players) will win 1 game more than last year when they suffered a ton of injuries, and that's giving "love?"

8-8 is a very reasonable expectation....they were 7-9 while 30th in O and D last year remember....

8-8 is a very reasonable expectation....they were 7-9 while 30th in O and D last year remember....

Yeah, I do remember. Remember when the defense was missing anywhere between 5-15 players a game? I also remember when we switched offensive coordinators and didn't have to start rookies at QB and RB.

8-8 IS a very reasonable expectation, if you field last year's team (counting the injuries) against last year's opponents.

OK, I'm just sayin that for espn to say ANYTHING about the bills is giving them love. The fact that the whole piece wasnt a patriot lovefest is something we can all be happy about.

With that said, I think 8-8 is pretty reasonable coming from outsiders who likely dont follow the team much. Plus, I dont want to see predictions with us winning more than 8 games, I like the bills being under the radar

Yeah, I do remember. Remember when the defense was missing anywhere between 5-15 players a game? I also remember when we switched offensive coordinators and didn't have to start rookies at QB and RB.

8-8 IS a very reasonable expectation, if you field last year's team (counting the injuries) against last year's opponents.

Speaking of which, weren't the Bills projected to win 5 games last year?

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus. The Jets at 9-7? :lol:

I have to watch myself, as this is one of those posts on which I could just go "off", and Lori's going to beat me into a sniveling pulp. I may not have a lot of pride, but I have just enough to avoid self-immolation.

Ah, what's the use? Who in God's Green Acre gives a rat's hairy @$$ about that which a bunch of overpaid prognosticators on the Mickey Mouse Sports Network think or say? The ONLY reasons this collective hemorrhoid of humanity feel that the Jets are even SNIFFING a winning season are:

1) It's NYC. Big Market. Gotta get the knee pads for THAT action.

2) It's Favre. Big Name. Gotta get the knee pads for THAT action.

3) It's Mangini. A Belicheck derivative. Gotta get the knee pads for THAT action.

I'll shut up and get off the board. I'm going to refer back to a very good post engendered by Tim Graham ("I'd Like Your Opinion"). That was quite something. I tip my hat to my mates on the Wall for a collective cerebral response. Nice to know it can arise when duty calls.

Even so much as deigning to comment on the Jets being 9-7 strains credulity in light of a great post like that. Tell me you're better than that. Help me out here.

Just watched NFL live's afc east preview... Both "experts" (Eric Allen and Marcellus Wiley) predict 8-8 for the bills with the cheatriots at 13-3 and Jets at 9-7.

One also listed Marshawn as the most important offensive player and leodis as the most impactful rookie...

Not just one...it was Marcellus...the former Buffalo Bill. I don't think it's a case where other analysts and such think poorly of the Bills...but the small market size and the lack of playoffs in so long causes us to be overlooked a lot. Marcellus' history with the club helps make him more aware than other analysts

wiley also just named Bruce Smith as the best non quarterback in afc east history... I like this guy

Of course he also asked Bruce to call him afterwards...lol

Always good when the Bills get at least a little love on ESPN... Jauron was also named as the coach on the hot seat

Anyone else see this... thoughts?

An 8-8 record is respectable for the bills but we are not looking for respectable we are looking for these guys to put us over the top and into the playoffs. I feel that the Bills will suceed early on in the games but our problem is going to putting teams away. We lack that killer instinct to just punish the opposition until it is official. This is due to Jauron's killer instinct. HAHA. The team will make the playoffs if we stay healthy.

This is fine. The Bills play better when no one respects them. Let them sniff Brady's, Pennington's, and Favre's jock all they want. The Bills will be the team on top when they finally start paying attention to the standings.

PTR