Demetrius Bell looked pretty good

I love the kid's agility which can't be taught. A year in the program to work on his strength and he can start at left tackle in the NFL. Maybe another reason not to renegotiate Peters.

One training camp and a couple of preseason games and you are ready to say that in a year he will be ready to step in for Peters. I'm as pissed at Peters as anyone, but get real. The Bills need Peters and they need him by opening day.

I'm going out on a small limb, but after seeing him play against 1s, I'd say that Bell looks better than Peters did after his position switch. He's getting to the second level on runs, and doing the job on an island in pass protect (which, if Walker was doing that he wouldn't have gotten hurt).

This kid might turn out to be the steal of the draft, he's a prototype LT. When will he be ready? Dunno, but Peters took over at RT about 8 games in, right?

I am done with Peters I think he will be a distraction and a disruption when he comes in. I would rather we go with who we have and who we could obtain.

I would trade Peters for multiple future draft picks.

A number one this year a number two the year following and a three the third year.

Actually I would like to see a couple of Peters Polls on this site.

One set of questions could be very serious.

Several options what should we do with Peters?

Trade him

Give him what he Wants

nothing

make him pay the fines

the second poll should be

Peters will show up next week

Peters will sit out the first Game

Peters will sit out 2-5 games

Peters will sit out 6-8 games

Peters will sit out the season

One training camp and a couple of preseason games and you are ready to say that in a year he will be ready to step in for Peters. I'm as pissed at Peters as anyone, but get real. The Bills need Peters and they need him by opening day.

Given that opening day is now less than 2 weeks away, I don't think that's going to happen. Even if he came in tomorrow, there's little chance he could be in football shape, learn the offense, and be ready to start in less than 2 weeks. He may come back, but I fear we'll have 1 or 2 regular season games without his services. But to be honest, the way this thing is unfolding, it looks more and more likely that he's done as a Bill.

But to be honest, the way this thing is unfolding, it looks more and more likely that he's done as a Bill.

Thats a tough pill to swallow. I really hope that isn't the case. :nana:

Lets hope the guy can get his head on straight, recognize he can get the money he wants from THIS franchise if he gets in here and repeats last year...and goes about making it happen. When a franchise catches a break like they did with Peters, you obviously want to take advantage of it.

Given that opening day is now less than 2 weeks away, I don't think that's going to happen. Even if he came in tomorrow, there's little chance he could be in football shape, learn the offense, and be ready to start in less than 2 weeks. He may come back, but I fear we'll have 1 or 2 regular season games without his services. But to be honest, the way this thing is unfolding, it looks more and more likely that he's done as a Bill.

Exactly, we just don`t know what we would be getting. Is he not reporting because of injury,contract ,weight issue, or drug related. I think it`s too late for him to make an IMPACT.

Exactly, we just don`t know what we would be getting. Is he not reporting because of injury,contract ,weight issue, or drug related. I think it`s too late for him to make an IMPACT.

Why would he not report because of injury or weight issue? Under both these scenarios, he would still get paid vs. getting fined on a daily basis.

I just watched the 1st half of the Indy game again. I don't know why people are worried. Our line did great against the Colts 1st stringers. Chambers got beat once or twice but Walker was spot on. And Demetrius Bell did fine too. With the new quick-release passing game the Bills are using, there won't be as much pressure on the O-line to hold off rushers.

PTR

Peters is probably the strongest Bill/ I heard Dockery, a monster in his own right, raving about how strong Peters is on Sirius. He called him "The Franchise." Bell did 225 lbs. 9 times at the combine.

Do we really want to compare these two? I would rather we block people and win football games.

I agree with your point about they being two completely different cases, but one thing that might be missed is that Peters played college ball and was moved all over the place - OL, TE, DL. He was in a strength program aimed at football strength and he played positions that emphasized a need for that strength. I think Bell played basketball first and then went on to play a few years of football. It is very possible that the difference between him and Peters at this point in his career is their training background and football experience.

By the way, anyone know what Bell got on the Wonderlic? He seems like a semi-bright kid who went through a lot. Not sure how this stacks up with Peters' back story, but you know where I'm going....

The rook looked pretty good out there. Starting Left tackle ,hmnn not yet . He does show promise though. :wallbash:

Jauron seems to think so and I hope it isn't a baseless compliment on his part. Wow it seems we found another OT gem deep in the draft who will be starting sooner than later. :wallbash:

If we could only find a center and RG of note. :wallbash: