Demetrius Bell looked pretty good

I'm going out on a small limb, but after seeing him play against 1s, I'd say that Bell looks better than Peters did after his position switch. He's getting to the second level on runs, and doing the job on an island in pass protect (which, if Walker was doing that he wouldn't have gotten hurt).

This kid might turn out to be the steal of the draft, he's a prototype LT. When will he be ready? Dunno, but Peters took over at RT about 8 games in, right?

I'm going out on a small limb, but after seeing him play against 1s, I'd say that Bell looks better than Peters did after his position switch. He's getting to the second level on runs, and doing the job on an island in pass protect (which, if Walker was doing that he wouldn't have gotten hurt).

This kid might turn out to be the steal of the draft, he's a prototype LT. When will he be ready? Dunno, but Peters took over at RT about 8 games in, right?

He made his first start ever (at RT) in the 6th game of his 2nd season. He took over full time 2 games later.

Try him at RT.......

Why? Chambers looks like he could have a future there. Ideally you have Peters and Walker as the starting tackles, and then Bell and Chambers as their more-than-capable backups.

Speed beats strength, position beats speed, technique beats position...

Its no secret D'meatBell has the bloodline to play much better than his supposed weakness (strength).

Peters got his chance to shine when the starter faltered...Brady was riding the pine behind Deadsoe...not sayin' but i'm sayin...

I love what i'm seeing from this kid, he could be an absolute steal. I mean he started football at a late age, so you can assume his technique is going to improve, and obviously he's going to get A LOT stronger. This guy has below average upper body strength for a college defensive back and he's holding his own against NFL linemen. I feel like sky's the limit for him.

If there's any justice in the world Karl Malone will get cleaned out, Demetrius Bell will be a HOF tackle, and Karl will have to come to HIM to ask for money.

Great post.

By the way, I read that DB had never played football on any level before 2005. I am even more impressed with the guy. It would be nice if he sticks and develops into an outstanding player.

Bills fans are the greatest fans in the world! I am dead serious. I really don't know if I could ever support another team if they left WNY.

Look at this thread, especially the first few posts....

D. Bell is:

1) Pretty good

2) Promising

3) Great

4) Better than Peters after his position switch (my particular favorite)

5) An absolute steal

6) The sky's the limit

I dunno....I saw a kid who was trying hard and looked clumsy on his feet. When an OT is clumsy, they wind up tossed on the ground.

Hey, whatever. Count this as another time that I truly want to be wrong on this board. Bills Fans can find good in any situation. :angry: I wish that I could think like that but I want the Bills to make the playoffs, and it is time for them to work out a compromise with their best player.

PS: Chambers is going to be decent to imo. HE might be a steal.

Bills fans are the greatest fans in the world! I am dead serious. I really don't know if I could ever support another team if they left WNY.

D. Bell is:

1) Pretty good

2) Promising

3) Great

5) An absolute steal

6) The sky's the limit

I dunno....I saw a kid who was trying hard and looked clumsy on his feet. When an OT is clumsy, they wind up tossed on the ground.

Hey, whatever. Count this as another time that I truly want to be wrong on this board. Bills Fans can find good in any situation. :angry: I wish that I could think like that but I want the Bills to make the playoffs, and it is time for them to work out a compromise with their best player.

Somehow I knew you would bill from NYC-jack this thread and spin it into a must sign Peters deal..

D. Bell is:

1) Pretty good

2) Promising

3) Great

5) An absolute steal

6) The sky's the limit

He does play LT better than Peters at the same stage of their career. Of course he was Picked by the Bills much higher than Peters. He was actually drafted.

He does play LT better than Peters at the same stage of their career. Of course he was Picked by the Bills much higher than Peters. He was actually drafted.

Peters is probably the strongest Bill/ I heard Dockery, a monster in his own right, raving about how strong Peters is on Sirius. He called him "The Franchise." Bell did 225 lbs. 9 times at the combine.

Do we really want to compare these two? I would rather we block people and win football games.