DNC Thread

In addition to the Temple...a Clinton supporter/friend just sent me this, I told her to make a shirt:

Now I'm not conspiracy theorist or anything and I know this is cheesy, but when put together, don't these two names seem a lot alike? Are the gods giving us a sign?

Obama-Biden Osama Bin Laden

Speaking of funny names, how about John SIDNEY McCain III and WILLARD Mitt Romney.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An awesome job by Hillary. Reminded me why I voted for her under a decade ago.

Republicons should be scared now.

You know, the words were good but the delivery makes me grind my teeth. Is it me or does it sound like she's talking to kindergarteners? Kind of like when Gore said "the planet has a fever." I guess they feel we're all children that need to be talked down to and taken care of and supported by the government.

You know, the words were good but the delivery makes me grind my teeth. Is it me or does it sound like she's talking to kindergarteners? Kind of like when Gore said "the planet has a fever." I guess they feel we're all children that need to be talked down to and taken care of and supported by the government.

As opposed to the sophisticated rhetoric of the Republicans that if McCain loses, the terrorists win.

As opposed to the sophisticated rhetoric of the Republicans that if McCain loses, the terrorists win.

So because I can't stand to listen to Hillary automatically means I love to hear a Republican speak. Nice assumption there NoodleJoe. Unlike you, I can't stand any of them.

Turned on CNN and they're doing the roll call vote

The states always go thru some lame speech "The great state of xxxx, birthplace of yyyy, and home of zzzzz" before giving their votes

Massachusetts was up and went thru "Home of Ted Kennedy" to applause "Home of the Boston Celtics" ... "Home of the Boston Red Sox" ... "Home of the New England Patriots"....and you could hear booooos :ph34r:

I still say Hillary is one of those Martians from Mars Attacks!

Notice how they never play any Slim Whitman songs near her.

Hillary speaking today. Again, Why no Slim Whitman music????

If the DNC had its way, they were given to Obama - see Michigan.

I guess it doesn't really matter, considering they didn't bother to count all the delegates anyhow.

Bill Clinton was very good, got to give it to him....of course now he'll get back to throwing grenades at Obama....

Probably. But now he has the cover of "hey, you saw my speech; A'm behind this guy 100%".

I'd expect that speech gives Obama a bit of a bounce. It'll be interesting to see how Obama's speech goes over tomorrow. I'm still not sure why he's giving the speech infront of Greek columns.

John Edwards has been barred from making a speech at the Democratic Convention because he had an adulterous affair and lied about it.

In his place, Bill Clinton will be speaking.

Am I missing something?

*credit goes to someone else who sent me this.

Tonight's re-run of South Park seems fitting...The Snuke :lol:

Comedy Central re-ran the Giant Douche versus Turd Sandwich episode on Monday night to coincide with the start of the convention.

They might as well just re-run that one every day until November.

"Let's get out and vote!

Let's make our voices heard!

We've been given the right to choose,

between a douche and a turd!!!"

I'd expect that speech gives Obama a bit of a bounce. It'll be interesting to see how Obama's speech goes over tomorrow. I'm still not sure why he's giving the speech infront of Greek columns.

Me too, too bad it took them 3 days to get to that point. Can't wait to see the McCain "Obama Temple Ad" that is sure to come out. I'm sure Obama will give a historic speech, but the columns outside may be a "greek tragedy" as some are calling it, much like the German speech that started the downfall.

Can anyone look at that picture and honestly say what is on the stage? It could simply be a structure with a roof in case it rains. I suppose as an alternative the Democrats could have split the stadium crowd up and had them watch on big screen TVs from the multiple McCain residences.

What was that...45 min speech...nothing new...and doesn't get any closer to why he is qualified for the most important job in the world. Anybody could get up there and say what he did...does that mean they are qualified to be president?

What was that...45 min speech...nothing new...and doesn't get any closer to why he is qualified for the most important job in the world. Anybody could get up there and say what he did...does that mean they are qualified to be president?

"......we need to rebuild our cities." :sick:

Yes.

What are the qualifications... Be at least 35 years old and born in the US.

No?

But what if you don't want change. Should I go out a buy an umbrella?

I'm curious...exactly what is it about America, that you love, are you afraid an Obama Presidency will change?

Please, be specific.

I'm curious...exactly what is it about America, that you love, are you afraid an Obama Presidency will change?

Please, be specific.

You're kidding me right?

It's the greatest land of opportunity in the world, where you can be whatever it is you want if you put your mind to it. We have the opportunity to elect the first black President in our history (I hope we don't) but this country needs to change. Holy cow.

You're kidding me right?

It's the greatest land of opportunity in the world, where you can be whatever it is you want if you put your mind to it. We have the opportunity to elect the first black President in our history (I hope we don't) but this country needs to change. Holy cow.

The USA isn't perfect, but in my opinion is the best and strongest nation in the world and has more opportunity and freedom to be what you want to be than anywhere else. Do we need 100% change like Obama said in his speech? I don't see why. I could live with 10% change.

I'm not comprehending the hype...seriously...it looked like a goddamn Michael Jackson concert with people yelling and crying their eyes out. It's like everyone threw their brains out the window on the drive to the stadium.