For those of you who missed it...

Mike32282

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 11-yard interception return for a touchdown of a Jay Fiedler pass by Bills’ outside linebacker Takeo Spikes was the eighth pick of his career and third TD, the second via interception.

He was penalized for excessive celebration on the play, as he rolled the ball toward the goalpost as if he was bowling.

Jim Kearney, the NFL officials observer in the press box, watched the replay and concluded, “I’d say that was choreographed.”

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=...id=444921&rfi=6

Nice shot on the second pic showing the flag in the ref's hand, it was all great who cares about the 15 yarder.....Don't let it happen again though TKO!

77959[/snapback]

Thanks. I was surprised to see that I snapped the pic at the exact same moment that the ref was throwing the flag. I also got the pic from when Mark Campbell was spiking the ball.

I'm just happy they don't tack that penalty onto the extra point. Lindell wouldn't have stood a chance!

77958[/snapback]

;) I was thinking the same thing. Lindell would have definitely missed the XP if they added another 15 to it. :devil:

It was a "group" celebration.  One guy "bowling" the football and others watching.  Next thing you know, they'll throw a flag for the crowd cheering.

77961[/snapback]

The funny thing is, if you look carefully in the first pic...Spikes was trying to get the other guys to back off so he could do his thing. But all the other players kept hanging around to watch and that's when the ref took the flag out.

The funny thing is, if you look carefully in the first pic...Spikes was trying to get the other guys to back off so he could do his thing.  But all the other players kept hanging around to watch and that's when the ref took the flag out.

77976[/snapback]

If I understand the rule correctly, it's a penalty for there to be more than 1 guy doing something "choreographed." So the rule is that the scoring player cannot do something "choreographed," like a dance, now? And just how "choreographed" is BOWLING A BALL? Fuggin' zebras!

1) I concur--great picture!!

2) There's no way that was choreographed. What defensive player chroeographs a TD celebration beforehand? What a joke. Spikes was bowling and the other guys look to be giving him room rather than jumping on him.

3) If Lindell missed that PAT, it would have been the first miss of his career--I've read so many articles where Lindell stresses how proud he is of never missing a PAT. If only he could hit 40-yarders like that....

78018[/snapback]

Thanks! I agree with point 2. There was no way it was choreographed. It was just a heat of the battle thing again. ;)

Instead of choreographed, think pre-meditated.  That obviously is NOT a spontaneous act.

78103[/snapback]

I'm just going off what another poster said, but the rule is: can't celebrate by doing something choreographed/pre-mediated by more than just the player.

I have no doubt Spikes thought about this beforehand. But look at the other players--they had no idea he was going to bowl. It looks like #25 is holding the other guys back from jumping on Spikes so he can do his thing. There's no way all those players pre-meditated to act as a "bowling audience."