Did anyone catch Mike & Mike this morning?

chetsap

I guess I disagree, I don't think a radio show host who is nationally syndicated should be a homer and if they are then they should have the balls to have others opinions. If it was a local show then fine but they seem so clueless sometimes and it gets annoying(to me at least). I could care less if they like the Bills or not but if I wanted to hear Jets and Cowboys radio I'll move to NY or Dallas.

On Meet The Press, should Tim Russert have been more even-handed on Super Bowl sundays?

Tim Russert didn't do "Sports" talk... doesn't matter if he's biased one way or the other...

M&M don't do politics, no one cares if they are liberal or conservative.

I find them to be idiots - who use self made stereotypes to try and be funny. They are weak as comedians, and even weaker in terms of "Sports" talk... Golic could probably talk some good football, from at least his experience as a professional athlete... but instead he chooses to act like a caricature of himself.

they dont pretend to not be homers and jokes. thats why i like listening to them. they are not saying that they are the supreme experts and their word is gold. they make no bones about being fans of certain teams and having their opinions clouded as such.

its not about "who is right" thats why they dont need to take callers.

and it makes for better radio. i dont have to have some jackass opinion beaten into my head and then listen to a bunch of schmuck callers scream into their phones. what a headache.

theyre entertaining and light hearted. which, gasp, is probably how sports should be considered.

They suck..........hard!

There is zero depth to their show. From the lack of content to the ridiculous rap crap they play between commericials is enough to drive you nuts.

"Greeny" :rolleyes: is a total idiot and Golic, for having played the game, offers no insight.

This is the romper room of sports talk. There is a ton of awful sports talk out there, this is just a different, annoying version of it.

just my .02

Tim Russert didn't do "Sports" talk... doesn't matter if he's biased one way or the other...

M&M don't do politics, no one cares if they are liberal or conservative.

I find them to be idiots - who use self made stereotypes to try and be funny. They are weak as comedians, and even weaker in terms of "Sports" talk... Golic could probably talk some good football, from at least his experience as a professional athlete... but instead he chooses to act like a caricature of himself.

....as did you. :rolleyes:

Our shiit team has been shiit for a decade. How are people getting upset that a national radio show who spent 10 minutes researching the Bills "only" sees them as a 7-9 team, instead of the 11-5 they haven't sniffed in 9 years??? And why is 7-9 so out of the question? We probably have the 4th-best QB in the division at the moment. That could certainly change after this season, but right now, it'd be hard to put Edwards ahead of anybody after a below-average showing last year. And that below-average showing won him the starting job!!!!

This is the NFL ladies. Nobody hands you anything, and nobody feels sorry for you if you have injuries or QB controversies or tough breaks. The last time the Bills were a trendy pick, in 2003, they were disgusting to watch and had one of the most disappointing seasons in recent memory, limping home to 6-10.

Take 7-9 for what it is: A pretty fair prediction. I love the "easy" wins people here are chalking up, including Seattle, the Jets, and Miami. Hell, the Jets and Miami were MUCH worse last year, and the Bills BARELY won three of those games. Let's let our green QB prove he's the guy for the job, and let's let our head coach prove he can actually sustain a winning team, and then we'll look for some playoff predictions.

I find it funny that people in this thread call M&M homers.... and then predict a 10-6 record when pretty much all the analysts are going about 7-9 to 9-7....

I don't think the schedule is as easy as most people here do...

Peters abscence will have an impact this year - even if he reported tomorrow... No one knows his game shape or the status of his injury/surgery since he's been AWOL since January (9 months ago)... He doesn't know the changes put in by the new OC... It could easilly make one of those early "Locks" swing the other way... And, not that I'd wish it on anyone, let alone a Bill, he has the blindside... Maybe Walker will step up and be a stud... but we won't know that for a while.

I hope I'm wrong. I've simply watched this team for long enough to know I'm probably closer to being right.

You be a little realistic here. With our schedule, it will be a disaster if we ONLY win 9 games! If this team is anything like we saw against the Steelers, we will roll over people. 12-4 possible. 11-5 at least.

PTR

Did anyone catch what they said about the Bills?

I saw it this morning and although I do like the show I felt that their review was a bit lackluster.

Question 1 will Edwards take control of the team. Golic (wearing a Bills helmet that looked too small for his head) said yes he would because he has to. Or somethingto that effect.

Question 2 will Lynch repeat or improve on big season. They both said no and Kasilias sp? (whom I also like), filling in for Greenie, said that most rookies who break 1,000 yards in first season never repeat it in year 2.

I can't remember 3 but 4 was will Kawika Mitchell and Stroud help shore up the run Defense. The answe was basically yes because there is nowhere to go but up.

Finally 5 was what would the record be, they all said no play-offs and 6-10 or 7-9 as stated previosly in this thread.

Nothing insightful, no mention of Peters that I recall and lots of Jets ball washing saying that they would make the play-offs and the Dolphins would be harder to beat this year.

they dont pretend to not be homers and jokes. thats why i like listening to them. they are not saying that they are the supreme experts and their word is gold. they make no bones about being fans of certain teams and having their opinions clouded as such.

and it makes for better radio. i dont have to have some jackass opinion beaten into my head and then listen to a bunch of schmuck callers scream into their phones. what a headache.

theyre entertaining and light hearted. which, gasp, is probably how sports should be considered.

What he said. :w00t:

Yes Sir!!!!

Greenburg is a dork and knows nothing about sports. And Golic looks like Larry David's fat friend on Curb Your Enthusaism. That said, they're a million times better than anything on WGR, though their opinions are always wrong.

Case in point on Schopp and company. I was home on vacation for a couple of weeks and listened in a few days. Big topic for discusion was would Michael Phelps be a great player in pickup games in other sports. Schopp thought this was a valid use of 3 hours of airtime.

As others have pointed out, M&M is not about delivering real analysis - that's what the guests are for. Their role is to provide colorfull entertainment and the guide the flow of the show.

You be a little realistic here. With our schedule, it will be a disaster if we ONLY win 9 games! If this team is anything like we saw against the Steelers, we will roll over people. 12-4 possible. 11-5 at least.

PTR

That is an awful lot of stock to put into two series in a preseason game.

Another thing, will fans please stop assessing the current years schedule based on team's previous year performance. Every year teams rise and fall, no one can predict how this years Bills will do against this years opponents.

Golic said 7-9 Greenberg said 7-9 and Kasilias said 6-10.

Schmucks, but they do think the Jets are going to the playoffs. :thumbsup:

Those guys are one of the biggest jokes on the air. If they took callers they'd be demolished and they know it.

I think its funny how because Favre had a good season last year noone talks about how the 5 seasons before that were pretty bad...

IMHO, he has a much better chance of repeating one of those 5 seasons at age 39 than he does at repeating last years...