Did anyone catch Mike & Mike this morning?

chetsap

i watched and didnt catch the Bills part since Eric is from Cinci and they spent over 30 minutes talking about that team... :rolleyes:

edit: i DID manage to catch that both Golic picked the Bills to go 7-9, and Eric and Greeny picked 7-9 and 6-10. not sure who picked which on those 2 though. but remember, we're dealing with a HUGE Jets homer (i think he picked them at 10-6) and a Bengals guy...

Golic said 7-9 Greenberg said 7-9 and Kasilias said 6-10.

Schmucks, but they do think the Jets are going to the playoffs. :rolleyes:

Those guys are one of the biggest jokes on the air. If they took callers they'd be demolished and they know it.

they dont pretend to not be homers and jokes. thats why i like listening to them. they are not saying that they are the supreme experts and their word is gold. they make no bones about being fans of certain teams and having their opinions clouded as such.

its not about "who is right" thats why they dont need to take callers.

and it makes for better radio. i dont have to have some jackass opinion beaten into my head and then listen to a bunch of schmuck callers scream into their phones. what a headache.

theyre entertaining and light hearted. which, gasp, is probably how sports should be considered.

they dont pretend to not be homers and jokes. thats why i like listening to them. they are not saying that they are the supreme experts and their word is gold. they make no bones about being fans of certain teams and having their opinions clouded as such.

and it makes for better radio. i dont have to have some jackass opinion beaten into my head and then listen to a bunch of schmuck callers scream into their phones. what a headache.

theyre entertaining and light hearted. which, gasp, is probably how sports should be considered.

I guess I disagree, I don't think a radio show host who is nationally syndicated should be a homer and if they are then they should have the balls to have others opinions. If it was a local show then fine but they seem so clueless sometimes and it gets annoying(to me at least). I could care less if they like the Bills or not but if I wanted to hear Jets and Cowboys radio I'll move to NY or Dallas.

they think the bills will have a 7-9 or a 6-10 record. Our schedule can't look that tough. I wonder want makes them think that. If we can stay healthy and keep our offense clicking we will surprise a lot of people.

Entertaining they are not, idiots yes they are. Don't listen to them anymore because its no longer about sports, it's about them and how greenie wants to mount Gloic. Try an find anything about what they talk about, on sports, that has any credibility at all.

they think the bills will have a 7-9 or a 6-10 record. Our schedule can't look that tough. I wonder want makes them think that. If we can stay healthy and keep our offense clicking we will surprise a lot of people.

What makes them think that is that the Jests now have Favre and the Phins now have Noodles Mcgee throwing the ball. So the Bills must have to suck. I swear that's as far as their rational goes.

Entertaining they are not, idiots yes they are. Don't listen to them anymore because its no longer about sports, it's about them and how greenie wants to mount Gloic. Try an find anything about what they talk about, on sports, that has any credibility at all.

i think we are looking for different things in them. and you are EXPECTING a little much.

i dont need to get my opinions from sports radio or espn. i turn them on in the morning while getting ready for work just to have on some background noise because they are better than Kathie Lee on GMA.

listening to 99% of sports radio is no better than reading the info posted here.

and saying "this radio host" is better than "that radio host" is like saying "that's my hotter cousin"...

What makes them think that is that the Jests now have Favre and the Phins now have Noodles Mcgee throwing the ball. So the Bills must have to suck. I swear that's as far as their rational goes.

theyre the first to admit it. Greeny is a big Jets and Pennington fanboy.

you guys are putting too many expectations on this show. its just a morning show.

i think we are looking for different things in them. and you are EXPECTING a little much.

i dont need to get my opinions from sports radio or espn. i turn them on in the morning while getting ready for work just to have on some background noise because they are better than Kathie Lee on GMA.listening to 99% of sports radio is no better than reading the info posted here.

and saying "this radio host" is better than "that radio host" is like saying "that's my hotter cousin"...

You take that back SIR!

Brilliant! :rolleyes:

Obviously, they think that Farve and some old, washed-up free agents are going to turn a 4-12 team into a playoff team. So, they assume that the Jets will go 2-0 against Buffalo. We assume that Buffalo will go 2-0 against the Jets....so if we think the Bills will be in the 9-7 neighborhood, they will think 7-9. Sounds about right to me...

I watch mike and mike on ESPN2 while I get ready for work and I find it pretty entertaining. They're semi-knowledgable about most things, but not very knowledgable about anything. As people have said, its hard to take their opinions all that seriously because they dont take themselves all that seriously. Them not knowing much about the bills is a lot more excusable than an NFL network analyst named marshall faulk, whose job it is to know about the NFL, and knows he's going to be doing a segment about the bills, saying that they need an upgrade at left tackle. Unless...he knew peters was going to hold out..or..he told peters to hold out to make his analysis look correct...Oh MY GOD, I think I'm on to something. DAM YOU MARSHALL FAULK!!!!

I find it funny that people in this thread call M&M homers.... and then predict a 10-6 record when pretty much all the analysts are going about 7-9 to 9-7....

I don't think the schedule is as easy as most people here do...

Peters abscence will have an impact this year - even if he reported tomorrow... No one knows his game shape or the status of his injury/surgery since he's been AWOL since January (9 months ago)... He doesn't know the changes put in by the new OC... It could easilly make one of those early "Locks" swing the other way... And, not that I'd wish it on anyone, let alone a Bill, he has the blindside... Maybe Walker will step up and be a stud... but we won't know that for a while.

I hope I'm wrong. I've simply watched this team for long enough to know I'm probably closer to being right.