McGahee...

otisly00

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is within the next five years we will see a "whatever happened to...?" story on McGahee living in Miami, long out of football and having squandered his millions....

Another cautionary tale to be ignored by future generations of instant millionaires who fail to appreciate the gift bestowed upon them by the genetic lottery.

McGahee was AWESOME at Miami before he blew his knee out against Ohio St. in the championship game. He worked REAL hard to come back from that. The Bills drafted him and he worked even harder to get into the starting line-up. He took over for Henry and had a couple of solid performances in 2004 and 2005. After that, McGahee came unraveled. He started believing the hype surrounding himself, quit working as hard, started crying about the Buffalo nightlife, and started crying about his contract. He hasn't been the same player since. I remember many a TBD'er arguing Mcgahee's case in everything from his attitude to why he was "a top back in the NFL". What we are seeing now, in Baltimore, is the "Real Willis" again. He worked hard last year because it was his first season in Baltimore, but now he's got his big contract and is comfortable. About the knee problems? Don't expect them to go away any time soon. That knee was completely shredded against Ohio St. and as you get older those things begin to creep back up on you.

McGahee was AWESOME at Miami before he blew his knee out against Ohio St. in the championship game. He worked REAL hard to come back from that. The Bills drafted him and he worked even harder to get into the starting line-up. He took over for Henry and had a couple of solid performances in 2004 and 2005. After that, McGahee came unraveled. He started believing the hype surrounding himself, quit working as hard, started crying about the Buffalo nightlife, and started crying about his contract. He hasn't been the same player since. I remember many a TBD'er arguing Mcgahee's case in everything from his attitude to why he was "a top back in the NFL". What we are seeing now, in Baltimore, is the "Real Willis" again. He worked hard last year because it was his first season in Baltimore, but now he's got his big contract and is comfortable. About the knee problems? Don't expect them to go away any time soon. That knee was completely shredded against Ohio St. and as you get older those things begin to creep back up on you.

Posts such as the above are what makes TBD the best site on the net.

Teams trade good players all the time, just look at Randy Moss, Clinton Portis, Champ Bailey, Santana Moss, Laverneous Coles, Jason Taylor, Deangelo Hall, and Herschel Walker! Sometimes a player just needs to move on.

Which goes to show that a trade is about the player individually, not some "this or that always means" mantra. Some trades are good others are not. There is no magic formula other than solid professional scouting and a good football guy in charge of making the decision.

I took a cursory look at the Raven's message boards: they are way to wrapped up in their QB issues to even barely notice that Willis isn't playing in the pre-season. I feel sorry for them, they are finally going to get the QB settled only to find out that Willis can't pick up the blitz. There was one post that sounded very familiar: "... Willis doesn't know the system yet, and Rice has looked solid, so...". Keep waiting for him to "get it"... :unsure:

Once they figure out QB, that poor guy is going to get hit, a lot. Last time I checked they didn't fix the holes in their O line either. So now they get to have the fun "is it the O line or is it Willis" debates. Those are always a good time. :( Whoever that starting QB is, he's got a lot to be worried about.

And yes, this is already the biggest steal since Ditka gave away his whole draft class for Ricky Williams = another Dumbass RB.

In fact, it might be the biggest steal since Babe Ruth if Trent Edwards makes the pro-bowl a few times, and Stroud gives us 3 Solid years. Baltimore + Philly + Chicago = already suckers, and it can only get worse.

Once again, Thanks Marv!

Not sure I believe that they'd cut him outright, but with a new coach in place, you never can tell. What was that new contract? Something like seven years, $40 million?

He's allllllllllll yours, Baltimore.

If he gets cut it won't be until the next offseason.

Like Marcus Stroud? I kid, I kid :(

The reason Stroud was cut is because of Greg Williams. 'Nuff said.

We flat out robbed Baltimore. ...and I'm still giddy about it.

:unsure:

I do wonder about that. I still don't get why Jax was ever willing to let him go.

Greg Williams

Teams trade good players all the time, just look at Randy Moss, Clinton Portis, Champ Bailey, Santana Moss, Laverneous Coles, Jason Taylor, Deangelo Hall, and Herschel Walker! Sometimes a player just needs to move on.

Because of Greg Williams.

pure bullsh-- what you wrote. willis, while a total loser of a person, is baltimores top player. he aint going anywhere. he was totally impressive last season, and the ravens are counting on big things in 09 from him. he knee was simply scoped -- a minor procedure. he will carry the rock 300+ this season. becoming a great player.

And that pretty much sums it up.... :unsure:

If he gets cut it won't be until the next offseason.

The reason Stroud was cut is because of Greg Williams. 'Nuff said.

:unsure:

Greg Williams

Because of Greg Williams.

Eh their willingness to depart with stroud probably has more to do with still having this guy

pure bullsh-- what you wrote. willis, while a total loser of a person, is baltimores top player. he aint going anywhere. he was totally impressive last season, and the ravens are counting on big things in 09 from him. he knee was simply scoped -- a minor procedure. he will carry the rock 300+ this season. becoming a great player.

Hey guy - it was a copy and past function. he was average last year, he had one really solid game which happened to be on monday night against the colts. i'll bet you my life he doesnt carry the ball 300 times this season; and I live in DC, even the B'More news is talking down on him.