You are GM for a day...

JasoninMT

Jason Peters has been holding out  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Do You:

• Do Nothing.
    • Contact Jason Peters to try and get him in camp.
    • Contact his agent w/ no offer.
    • Contact his agent w/ a New Deal.
    • Hold Press Conference to announce lack of contact.
    • Contact other teams to see about trade.

I should have added a followup question...

Do you think the Bills have an offer ready to present to Peters once he shows up?

I think they have probably talked about the possible numbers already... and are just waiting for him to show up before making any offers...

Just curious... I think I know where the majority is, but I could be wrong...

I think the premise of the poll (".... your only concern is Peters") is faulty. If that were true, it would be easy just to "give in" and grant him a monster contract just to get him into camp. But the negative effect that would have on the rest of the team, now and in the future, is pretty scary. Any GM who did that would be setting himself up to be held hostage by any/every other player on the team who would then expect similar treatment.

So, I voted "do nothing" - the ball is in Peters' court - he has the next move. Certainly you would not want to have this turning into a p#$%%^ssing match in the media.

I'd try to let Jason know he agent is f***ing him over right now by keeping him out. I'd also point out how his agent is only out for a fat payday at Jason's expense. If Peters won't listen, then I'd tell him he should look into trade school to learn a new skill because he'll never play another down in the NFL if I have anything to to about it.

PTR

If I were king for a day (which I'm not) ....... I'd start "leaking" to the media subtle hints that we were in the market for a LT ....... maybe invite some free agents in for a "look see" ...... maybe drop some hints about a "possible trade" in the Bills future for a lineman.

When the media started asking questions about Jason Peters just make claims like ... "It looks like Mr. Peters has lost his desire to play football" .... "we have to start making plans for the good of the teams future" ... "if Mr. Peters decides he would like to play for us he always has a home with the Buffalo Bills" ... "Mr. Peters hasn't participated in any practices, or workouts, or meetings, we have no indication that he intends to participate in any games, so we really have to fill that position with someone who will contribute to the team."

if i was the gm for a day i would..............explain to jason that i want to pay him more money,but that he has to at least show up and take a physical......i would also put the wheels in motion to get rid of those fugly uniforms the bills wear.i would have the bills wear the unis of the 70's and make the 90's unis the throwbacks......go bills!

If I am GM for a day I am working for Ralph and thus I do whatever Ralph says.

If I am a Bills fan (which I am so this is my view) I show him the money and give him a contract which secures my Pro Bowl LT to be a Bill for the life of his career.

This has hard implications for the team as it sets a precedent which makes future negotiations tougher. However, as a Bills fan I value the LT more highly than most other positions on the team (a great RB for example contributes more but is easier to find than a great LT.

I think many folks do not seem to realize as much as we love what Ralph did for this team in terms of not only buying it (he did this because his first choice cities were gone) but because he kept it here and finally opened his wallet to pay Bruce and the team around him.

However, there is a significant difference between what is good for the team as a fan and what is good for the team as a business. They interests converge a lot because winning it all is good for business, but they are not the same. Even worse when Ralph operates like a fan rather than making the best business moves, it often turns out badly for the team both as a sports enterprise and as a business.

If I am GM for a day I am working for Ralph and thus I do whatever Ralph says.

If I am a Bills fan (which I am so this is my view) I show him the money and give him a contract which secures my Pro Bowl LT to be a Bill for the life of his career.

This has hard implications for the team as it sets a precedent which makes future negotiations tougher. However, as a Bills fan I value the LT more highly than most other positions on the team (a great RB for example contributes more but is easier to find than a great LT.

I think many folks do not seem to realize as much as we love what Ralph did for this team in terms of not only buying it (he did this because his first choice cities were gone) but because he kept it here and finally opened his wallet to pay Bruce and the team around him.

However, there is a significant difference between what is good for the team as a fan and what is good for the team as a business. They interests converge a lot because winning it all is good for business, but they are not the same. Even worse when Ralph operates like a fan rather than making the best business moves, it often turns out badly for the team both as a sports enterprise and as a business.

Come on... if you were GM for a day, and had no aspirations beyond that, you'd totally sign Peters to whatever contract he wanted. <_<

The results of this poll are pretty much what I expected...

Most wouldn't just cave in to Peters...

A vast majority either do nothing or simply call Peters or his agent to check in w/ him...

I hope the reports that Jason Peters is going to report - that he's waiting for the team in Buffalo... are true. I don't necessarilly believe them, but I hope they're true.

Hold Press Conference to announce lack of contact.

I'd do a slight variation of this option

First I'd get a group of players together and take them to an amusement park, the beach, a bar, the Candian Ballet, and other fun "team building" activities. Take a few pictures

Hold the press conference showing what good times everyone had and have the players who participated sign a "Wish You Were Here" postcard

I'd start discussions with Cinci about a trade involving Levi Jones and a draft pick. I'd also start whatever paperwork is necessary to have the signing bonus he was paid in 2006 returned ASAP.

Holding out with one year? Fine. Holding out with three left? Absurd, and nearly unprecedented.