Why is this player not on the Bills??

From PFT:

VIKINGS SEND PACK SOME SMACK

Posted by Mike Florio on August 12, 2008, 3:53 p.m.

The rivalry between the Minnesota Vikings and Green Bay Packers has heated up of late, what with Packers legend Brett Favre wanting to play in purple and the Packers filing tampering charges arising from his apparent efforts to do so.

But just because Favre now plays for neither team doesn’t mean that the franchises are ready to kiss and make up.

Of the struggles the Packers faced during the Favre saga, Vikings defensive tackle Pat Williams was candid. “Damn, that’s their problem,” Williams told Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports. “They’re going through all that as a team, trying to figure out if Favre or [Aaron] Rodgers was the man, while we’ve got the same team we had all offseason. I’m glad they got all that darn press, ‘cause when we go down there it’ll be the kid’s first start and his first damn loss.

“They had a nice year last year,” Williams added, “but they don’t understand that Brett made those guys better than they were. He has the game all figured out, and you’ve got to factor all that into the equation. Brett Favre would throw the ball when the receivers hadn’t even made their cut yet, and it would be there waiting for them. Those guys had it good.

“People think it’s the system, but it ain’t no damn system. Brett Favre just knows where his guys are going to be at all times, and I don’t think Aaron Rodgers has got that yet.”

So what does Williams plan to do when the Vikes go to Lambeau Field in less than four weeks? “I’m going to try to crush all of ‘em,” Williams said. “That’s been the focus of my whole summer – the Green Bay Packers.”

Though such boastfulness has in the past been viewed as ill-advised, given that it gives the other team plenty of fodder for their bulletin board, the Giants proved in Super Bowl XLII that, sometimes, the confidence boost that comes from crowing outweighs the effect that the squawking might have on the other team.

From PFT:

VIKINGS SEND PACK SOME SMACK

Posted by Mike Florio on August 12, 2008, 3:53 p.m.

The rivalry between the Minnesota Vikings and Green Bay Packers has heated up of late, what with Packers legend Brett Favre wanting to play in purple and the Packers filing tampering charges arising from his apparent efforts to do so.

But just because Favre now plays for neither team doesn’t mean that the franchises are ready to kiss and make up.

Of the struggles the Packers faced during the Favre saga, Vikings defensive tackle Pat Williams was candid. “Damn, that’s their problem,” Williams told Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports. “They’re going through all that as a team, trying to figure out if Favre or [Aaron] Rodgers was the man, while we’ve got the same team we had all offseason. I’m glad they got all that darn press, ‘cause when we go down there it’ll be the kid’s first start and his first damn loss.

“They had a nice year last year,” Williams added, “but they don’t understand that Brett made those guys better than they were. He has the game all figured out, and you’ve got to factor all that into the equation. Brett Favre would throw the ball when the receivers hadn’t even made their cut yet, and it would be there waiting for them. Those guys had it good.

“People think it’s the system, but it ain’t no damn system. Brett Favre just knows where his guys are going to be at all times, and I don’t think Aaron Rodgers has got that yet.”

So what does Williams plan to do when the Vikes go to Lambeau Field in less than four weeks? “I’m going to try to crush all of ‘em,” Williams said. “That’s been the focus of my whole summer – the Green Bay Packers.”

Though such boastfulness has in the past been viewed as ill-advised, given that it gives the other team plenty of fodder for their bulletin board, the Giants proved in Super Bowl XLII that, sometimes, the confidence boost that comes from crowing outweighs the effect that the squawking might have on the other team.

I'll second that one...Guy is one of the greats..on and off the field.

PDub called Donoahoe's contract offer to stay with the Bills "HOT GARBAGE."

We made an offer to Pat and to Schobel at about the same time. I seem to remember that it was first come, first served. Schobel again demonstrated that he is quicker and more agile than Williams. And skinnier. On the D-line this is not necessarily a good thing. I like Aaron but I'd prefer to have Williams than Schobel.

We made an offer to Pat and to Schobel at about the same time. I seem to remember that it was first come, first served. Schobel again demonstrated that he is quicker and more agile than Williams. And skinnier. On the D-line this is not necessarily a good thing. I like Aaron but I'd prefer to have Williams than Schobel.

This right here is the biggest mistake.

Why is this player not on the Bills??

Surprised this hasn't been discussed before... :wallbash:

Losing Pat Williams was a huge loss in many ways. He loved the area and I believe he still lives here. He was not looking to be the highest paid player and probably would have taken the home team discount. Just a big mistake in which the Bills have never recovered...