can we all agree

anyone who is ready to throw this team, especially trent, under the bus after 5 pass atempts in the first preseason game, please hand in your bills gear, and leave the internet untill the season is over. I cant stand this non sense. Im not a trent apologist just because i dont think he will suck based on 5 pass attempts in his first live fb action in 6 months. This is pathetic, i honestly feel i get stupider reading each post

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone who is ready to throw this team, especially trent, under the bus after 5 pass atempts in the first preseason game, please hand in your bills gear, and leave the internet untill the season is over. I cant stand this non sense. Im not a trent apologist just because i dont think he will suck based on 5 pass attempts in his first live fb action in 6 months. This is pathetic, i honestly feel i get stupider reading each post

I agree, it seems like the next generation of Bills "fans" has no heart. They definitely seem week in the gut. I know that these are not the bills fans I grew up with.

Why should this preseason be any different than every other? :D

What's annoying me about all of this is that people aren't thinking about the fact that teams don't game plan for preseason games. During the regular season all the coaches are in the office breaking down film, numbers, tendencies, etc. til 3am every day to get ready for their specific opponent. Then they have a scout team giving the starters a look based on these things, the coaches create a gameplan based on these things. In the preseason they don't gameplan for their opponent, they just have a set list of plays/players that they want to look at, nothing more, nothing less. I'll go as far as to admit that it can be a little disheartening to see some of the same problems from last year, but to think that it has ANY implications on the regular season is utterly ridiculous.

He played poorly at the end of last year. He has stated publically that he's more comfortable this year. Yeah, it's just the first pre-season game, but he's gotta step it up if he's going to be a bonafide starter. The Bills have started poorly each of the first 2 season under Jauron. That trend needs to change and you would hope that you can see some evidence of this in the pre-season.

He played poorly at the end of last year. He has stated publically that he's more comfortable this year. Yeah, it's just the first pre-season game, but he's gotta step it up if he's going to be a bonafide starter. The Bills have started poorly each of the first 2 season under Jauron. That trend needs to change and you would hope that you can see some evidence of this in the pre-season.

I agree with most of that, but he has to play more than 2 series. I don't care if it's the first pre-season game, let him play at least a full quarter. Hopefully Thursday he will play well into, if not all, of the second quarter. He needs the reps, this is not veteran QB.

I agree, it seems like the next generation of Bills "fans" has no heart. They definitely seem week in the gut. I know that these are not the bills fans I grew up with.

Seriously!!? The Bills I grew up with were WINNERS. We had GREAT players and an unbelievable GM in Polian. We have none of this now. Please explain what makes you so optimistic? Is it our great "We just didn't have enough time in the preseason" head coach or our great GM in charge of Marketing?

Seriously!!? The Bills I grew up with were WINNERS. We had GREAT players and an unbelievable GM in Polian. We have none of this now. Please explain what makes you so optimistic? Is it our great "We just didn't have enough time in the preseason" head coach or our great GM in charge of Marketing?

What makes me optimistic is that at this point every team is tied for first, I also feel like we got just what we needed at reciever to turn some of those 3's into 6's and make a ligit run at the playoffs. I also think that going into the year as the starter will do wonders for trent, and that saying he sucks and this season is over after 5 attempts in pre season is ridiculous. By that logic why should we watch the regular season, as the 3-1 preaseason record of the lions and the bengals may as well just determine a league champ. Its ridiculous how so many "fans" will find any excuse to get down on this team before anything is shown. I cant wait for the regular season to start so you all dissappear when trent lights it up with Peters blocking on the left and our FO looks pretty smart for its off season moves, and passing on a 58 year old bret who went surfing with brady and was eaten by a shark

Who made you in charge of what Bills fans should say about our team? We have SUCKED for the past decade, plain and simple!!! Trent Edwards has shown nothing to prove that he can lead our team to the promised land. Sure it was only 5 passes in a half of a quarter of a preseason game, but I sure would have liked to have seen better from him. He did not look confident, same as the end of last year. My god, it has been so long since we had a QB we could all say was a stud. I want him to do well just like everyone else, but I have a right to say that he played poorly whether its a scrimmage, preseason, or regular season game. If you don't like the "Nonsense" maybe you should get off this message board for awhile.

As fans of a team that has just stunk for years, I think we have a right to expect a bit more than the very mediocre to poor performance we saw on Saturday night. Posts like yours serve absolutely no purpose.

Bravo, I'm tired of the TSW softies who so so willing to cut these guys slack as if they have some sort of "winning" cache afforded them.

OK mr betard - who do you think is more qualidifed to no the truth - us internet twits after seeing 5 pases or the coching staff who haf been working with hime and watching traning camp.

Its oviously us. Why argue the point.

Were way snarter then evryubuddy. Were 2 billls drivers. The smartess peeple onm the plant!

Those winning Bills teams you grew up with routinely went 1-3 or 0-4 in the preseason.

Those winning Bills teams you grew up with routinely went 1-3 or 0-4 in the preseason.

This was the exact thought which the post lamenting for the good ol' days when we has a"winning" team in the regular season brought up for me.

I think patience through the regular season begins is easily justified. Even if one understands the reality that the 08 Bills ain't the early 90s Bills and that Edwards is not Jimbo not having patience through the second game is a pretty whiny approach to supporting the team.

Who made you in charge of what Bills fans should say about our team? We have SUCKED for the past decade, plain and simple!!! Trent Edwards has shown nothing to prove that he can lead our team to the promised land. Sure it was only 5 passes in a half of a quarter of a preseason game, but I sure would have liked to have seen better from him. He did not look confident, same as the end of last year. My god, it has been so long since we had a QB we could all say was a stud. I want him to do well just like everyone else, but I have a right to say that he played poorly whether its a scrimmage, preseason, or regular season game. If you don't like the "Nonsense" maybe you should get off this message board for awhile.

As fans of a team that has just stunk for years, I think we have a right to expect a bit more than the very mediocre to poor performance we saw on Saturday night. Posts like yours serve absolutely no purpose.

The original poster did not imply that we can't comment on how poorly the team or individual players may or may not have played in Saturday's game. His point, which I whole-heartedly agree with, is that it is incredibly stupid to think one can gauge performance during the upcoming season by the brief period of time we were able to see the starters. The doom and gloom atmosphere toward the season that has developed around here as a result of two series in the first preseason game is absolutely ridiculous and extremely idiotic.

Reading comprehension is a basic part of every public school educational system. It's about reading what is there, not putting words into people's mouths or drawing any additional meaning that isn't present in the statement.

You should try it sometime.

I havent read a single post saying the season is lost from anyone. Many fans and justifiably so IMO say Trent looked shakey, the offense looked shakey and our run defense was bad. These were all problems from last year. Cause for concern? Yes. End of the world? No.

I want to see improvement on thursday night from everyone but especaially Trent. HE is the leader of this team and he better take control in a big way or it is going to be a long season. This is the make or break year for DJ, Trent and the Bills. All the piecse are in place, everyone is back from injury. There are no excuses anymore

I havent read a single post saying the season is lost from anyone. Many fans and justifiably so IMO say Trent looked shakey, the offense looked shakey and our run defense was bad. These were all problems from last year. Cause for concern? Yes. End of the world? No.

I want to see improvement on thursday night from everyone but especaially Trent. HE is the leader of this team and he better take control in a big way or it is going to be a long season. This is the make or break year for DJ, Trent and the Bills. All the piecse are in place, everyone is back from injury. There are no excuses anymore

Then you should check out these threads, and they are just what I was able to track down in the last two or three minutes:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=69317

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=69315

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=69352

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=69318

My point was we need improvement but thanks for overlooking that to prove your own point that people shouldnt be allowed to voice their opinions