Let's take a sobering look at reality

You mean the same Moss who was considered washed up for two seasons prior to going to the Pats? Yes, I did compare the two.

No one said he was washed up except maybe the little people in your mind. The rap on Moss was his attitude and how it would mesh with a team that, prior to being proven as cheaters, had a reputation as a group of people always working together as "a team."

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills lose that first game against Seattle, they only have 6 out of their last 15 games at home. Not good. That first game's outcome is much bigger than many here think.

The Brett Favre to Jets deal reminds me a lot like the Randy Moss to Patriots deal. A lot of Bills fans, including me, were mocking the impact. Then the season started and it was clear that the Bills were in trouble. I can't believe how many fans here are thinking the Bills are going to whip Favre's ass. They haven't whipped the Jets since Losman and McGahee were starters. The Bills will have a lot of trouble beating them in either game this year. That wasn't the case a couple of days ago.

Evans not signed. Peters holding out. The Jets show their team and fans that winning now is what they are all about. The Bills show their team how they like to play hardball against their best players on the team, while rewarding averageness the year before. Winning now or in the future is clearly not high on the Buffalo Bills agenda.

Not trying to be a johnny downer, I just can't see how so many Bills fans here are so giddy and confident about this team and their chances that they feel like they can mock the Jets today. WTF? Since when have we become world beaters in the last decade? The ONLY thing that they've done is beat bad NFL teams. The only saving grace for the Bills is that they do have an easy schedule, other than that things might not be as cool as you think.

Did you really put these two sentences next to each other?

No one said he was washed up except maybe the little people in your mind. The rap on Moss was his attitude and how it would mesh with a team that, prior to being proven as cheaters, had a reputation as a group of people always working together as "a team."

This place was full of posters that thought Moss was a shot player. But that obviously didn't jive with your putdown. The "rap" on Randy Moss was not only attitude but his speed AND nagging injuries.

Give me a freaking break, 38 years old is NOT that old for a QB. But you just let your kool-aid influenced mind keep thinking the Edwards led Bills still have the upper hand on the Favre led Jets this year.

You guys have lost all objectivity. I love the Bills too, but you've got to face reality. The Bills chances have been reduced because of the Favre/Jets trade.

This place was full of posters that thought Moss was a shot player. But that obviously didn't jive with your your putdown. The "rap" on Randy Moss was not only attitude but his speed AND nagging injuries.

Give me a freaking break, 38 years old is NOT that old for a QB. But you just let your kool-aid influenced mind keep thinking the Edwards led Bills still have the upper hand on the Favre led Jets this year.

You guys have lost all objectivity. I love the Bills too, but you've got to face reality. The Bills chances have been reduced because of the Favre/Jets trade.

I agree with you.

This place was full of posters that thought Moss was a shot player. But that obviously didn't jive with your your putdown. The "rap" on Randy Moss was not only attitude but his speed AND nagging injuries.

Give me a freaking break, 38 years old is NOT that old for a juiced up home run hitter, however it is extremely old for a football player/b]. But you just let your kool-aid influenced mind keep thinking the Edwards led Bills still have the upper hand on the Favre led Jets this year.

Fixed :angry:

Well i agree with the priginal poster that this does make the jets much better and these games will not be gimmies at all. The jets do have some weapons and if all their offseason moves work out they could be a real contender in the AFCE. That sid the Bills still have a real shot at the playoffs this year but 4-2 in the division is not a given this year and we will have to win on the road

Farve had a QB rating below 73 in 05 and 06. He tossed more interceptions then touchdowns those years. New system, new players, he will probably be pressing a little bit, and has a few more years on the arm. I see it far more likely that he returns to the 05/06 performance instead of the one we saw last year. Either way I'm not concerned about New York. We've been building a team from the inside out. They made a bunch of flashy signings and are building it from the outside in. Remember how that worked for us when TD was here? Come to think of it, this trade reminds me of when we acquired Drew.

I agree with you.

What a shock. :angry:

I have to say I fail to see the value in being "objective" or "realistic" about something as enjoyable but trivial as sports. We might as well be like those old ladies who sit around debating whether Erica is really a B word or just misunderstood on "All My Children."

That being said, there is also something downright weird in people who think that they have an obligation not only to piss in their own cheerios every morning, but also to run into a crowd of people insisting that it is for their own good that they be allowed to piss in everyone else's cheerios too. I'll pass, thanks.

But that's just me. It's a free country, for the cereal urinators as well as for their critics...

I know, if only we had JP in there everything would be OK.

If the Bills lose that first game against Seattle, they only have 6 out of their last 15 games at home. Not good. That first game's outcome is much bigger than many here think.

The Brett Favre to Jets deal reminds me a lot like the Randy Moss to Patriots deal. A lot of Bills fans, including me, were mocking the impact. Then the season started and it was clear that the Bills were in trouble. I can't believe how many fans here are thinking the Bills are going to whip Favre's ass. They haven't whipped the Jets since Losman and McGahee were starters. The Bills will have a lot of trouble beating them in either game this year. That wasn't the case a couple of days ago.

Evans not signed. Peters holding out. The Jets show their team and fans that winning now is what they are all about. The Bills show their team how they like to play hardball against their best players on the team, while rewarding averageness the year before. Winning now or in the future is clearly not high on the Buffalo Bills agenda.

Not trying to be a johnny downer, I just can't see how so many Bills fans here are so giddy and confident about this team and their chances that they feel like they can mock the Jets today. WTF? Since when have we become world beaters in the last decade? The ONLY thing that they've done is beat bad NFL teams. The only saving grace for the Bills is that they do have an easy schedule, other than that things might not be as cool as you think.

Nothing personal...I understand the stigma attached to Randy Moss...especially while He was in Oakland...But it's obvious now how messed up and poorly Coached the Raiders were while Moss was there...Plenty of folks in the know were talking about how antiquated Oaklands Offense was at that time...But anyone who thought Moss would not have a major impact on that NE Team was just delusional or controlled by an overdose of wishful thinking...While many "experts" have looked for ways to discredit Moss since before He was Drafted, all I've ever seen is one of the best WR's in the history of Football...So I can't see why anyone would have thought he would have no impact on a Team as good as NE, catching balls from a QB as good as Brady...But anyway...

As far as Favre is concerned it just depends...He can't just plug in like Moss and go grab bombs...He has to run and entire Offense, with an entirely new Team, while learning an entirely new system...Also, if Favre was a Montana-like QB, the type of QB who is patient and just took what Defenses gave Him most of the time, I think the chances for success would be increased...But we all know that's not Favre's style by a longshot...He's a QB who's always been a little INT prone cause He's a gunslinger...Over the past 5 Seasons He's thrown for 19,370 Yards, 128 TD's and 100 INT's (averaged 25.6 TD's and 20 INT's per year...a 1.28 Ratio)...Compared to Brady and Manning...well...OK maybe that's not fair...But compared to...lets say Drew Brees who has thrown for 17,684 Yards, 116 TD's and 66 INT's over the same 5 Years (that's a 21 TD/13.2 INT average and a 1.76 TD to INT ratio...Also Brees only started 11 Games in 03), Favre's numbers are very comparable, if not quite as good...So...Can we not, once and for all, get rid of this idea that Brett Favre is an Elite QB, or the greatest of all time, or any of that garbage?

Favre is good...at times He's very good, and at times He's great...But He's not what I would call consistently great...That's just not Favre...And He's better than anything the Jets have currently..That's a given...But there are a ton of variables here that will determine success for The Jets, and not for a minute do I think it's a given they leapfrog The Bills just cause Lord Favre is showing up...That's being said they should be better by mid Season...So we'll see what happens... :angry:

What a shock. :angry:

I have to say I fail to see the value in being "objective" or "realistic" about something as enjoyable but trivial as sports. We might as well be like those old ladies who sit around debating whether Erica is really a B word or just misunderstood on "All My Children."

That being said, there is also something downright weird in people who think that they have an obligation not only to piss in their own cheerios every morning, but also to run into a crowd of people insisting that it is for their own good that they be allowed to piss in everyone else's cheerios too. I'll pass, thanks.

But that's just me. It's a free country, for the cereal urinators as well as for their critics...

Wouldn't it weirder if there was a NFL team fan board where every single fan thought their team could do no wrong, that they're such a good team that they can laugh at other so-called "bad" teams, even though their team has yet to make the playoffs in an eight year span and counting?

Maybe I want my team to get better and feel like they won't bother trying to do so if I and the tens of thousands of other Bills fans are throwing roses at their feet after posting back to back 7-9 seasons. I remember the days of Polian, Levy, Kelly, Smith, Thomas, Reed. Those were guys that deserved the adulation. We now have this Whitner guy who's guaranteeing the playoffs, what the hell has this guy done to warrant that kind of bravado? I'm still waiting for the game turning plays from that eighth pick in the draft. I'm tired of the talk, I'm tired of Dick Jauron getting so much praise and positive press. When the hell does this team start to win and beat GOOD teams again? It's like nobody cares anymore.

Sorry, but this team has to start proving they are good on the field, on Sunday, against good competition for them to start getting attaboys from me. I know, my standards are apparently too high around here. Until then I will let my feelings of their futility be known and I certainly won't be busting on the Jets after they just acquired Favre.

Oh, sorry Mr High Standards... *looking around* I don't see any roses being thrown. I am also no fan of busting on other teams. Frankly, I don't care about other teams at all.

Debate is wonderful, it is what this country is all about, but if you really think that being a constant downer is a sign of realism, then we will have to agree to disagree. Me, I watch the games, get excited when they win, mope when they lose, and always remind myself that there are other things in the world that are much more important.

So why do I waste my time on message boars, you ask? Because I am a fan, and because I am avoiding work, like everyone else. I claim no moral superiority in doing so.

Wouldn't it weirder if there was a NFL team fan board where every single fan thought their team could do no wrong, that they're such a good team that they can laugh at other so-called "bad" teams, even though their team has yet to make the playoffs in an eight year span and counting?

Maybe I want my team to get better and feel like they won't bother trying to do so if I and the tens of thousands of other Bills fans are throwing roses at their feet after posting back to back 7-9 seasons. I remember the days of Polian, Levy, Kelly, Smith, Thomas, Reed. Those were guys that deserved the adulation. We now have this Whitner guy who's guaranteeing the playoffs, what the hell has this guy done to warrant that kind of bravado? I'm still waiting for the game turning plays from that eighth pick in the draft. I'm tired of the talk, I'm tired of Dick Jauron getting so much praise and positive press. When the hell does this team start to win and beat GOOD teams again? It's like nobody cares anymore.

Sorry, but this team has to start proving they are good on the field, on Sunday, against good competition for them to start getting attaboys from me. I know, my standards are apparently too high around here. Until then I will let my feelings of their futility be known and I certainly won't be busting on the Jets after they just acquired Favre.

Oh, sorry Mr High Standards... *looking around* I don't see any roses being thrown. I am also no fan of busting on other teams. Frankly, I don't care about other teams at all.

Debate is wonderful, it is what this country is all about, but if you really think that being a constant downer is a sign of realism, then we will have to agree to disagree. Me, I watch the games, get excited when they win, mope when they lose, and always remind myself that there are other things in the world that are much more important.

So why do I waste my time on message boars, you ask? Because I am a fan, and because I am avoiding work, like everyone else. I claim no moral superiority in doing so.

No moral superiority here, just tired of my loyalty being attacked. You can be a fan and still think they're full of it till proven otherwise. Last season mad me so angry I'm still venting.

No moral superiority here, just tired of my loyalty being attacked. You can be a fan and still think they're full of it till proven otherwise. Last season mad me so angry I'm still venting.

I'm all for venting. :angry:

I just react allergically to the use of terms like "sobering reality" in this fantasy land.

Go Bills!