• 5-7
    • 2-4
  2. 2. Favre will...

• Throw more TD's than Int's
    • Throw more Int's than TD's
    • Lead the Jests to the SB
    • Keep the Jests out of the playoffs
    • Be a cancer in the Jests lockerroom
    • Be replaced by Kellen Clemens before the season ends.

If this means anything to anyone here are his TD/Int. for the past three years.

2007 28 TD/15 Int.

2006 18/18

2005 20/29

I think last year was just a fluke. In 2005 and 2006 he was much less than impressive. He's 39 and only had one good year in the last three.

This is something that I posted in another thread but I think it's relevant here. I fully expect the '05 and '06 Favre to return and not last years Favre. At 39 his athleticism isn't improving. He's smart with a lot of experience but that can only take a QB so far.

never seen a guy go from so loved in the nfl to so hated. and that little crybaby B word deserves it.

It seems that he thinks he's the most important person in the NFL and the rules of behavior don't apply to him. I can't think of one player who's said they were going to retire as many times as he has and sometimes not saying he's coming back til after the draft which really hamstrings a team in the draft. I agree the B word deserves it. I'd love to see him crash and burn this season and not just because he's a Jest. If he had gone to Tampa I'd be rooting against him too. The fact he's a Jest is just icing on the cake.

BTW, one person voted for 14-16 and to the SB. It's nice to see Jests fans drop by one in awhile.

never seen a guy go from so loved in the nfl to so hated.

I never liked the guy. He's a punk. It grates on me when Kornhieser and John Madden say "Everybody loves Brett Favre". That's crap. I don't.

I saw an interview with him a couple of years ago. The interviewer asks him what he does to help the young guys so that when he retires in a few years they'll be ready. He replied nothing. He just gets himself ready. He said "you gotta get your own self ready. I'm not gonna help 'em".

Luckily all QBs aren't like that. Matt Hasselbeck sez that Trent Dilfer helped him a lot to be what he is. I remember Don Strock helped Dan Marino when he was just starting out.

Anyway, he's a total classless redneck punk. Good QB, but total classless redneck punk.

I did not vote because it is simply too early to tell what reality will bring. So much of this depends on whether NYJ adapts well to Favre coming into town?

I think they will. They are a young team with a coaching staff which has flaws (last years dismal record with the distraction of the Belicheat scandal) but also has some good approaches (making the playoffs the year before last with the rookies and crap they had). I think they will react to last year's debacle as a learning experience rather than as a fatal blow.

How well Farve adapts to the team?

He is a long time vet who still plays well and thus gets the benefit of the doubt. However, the hissy-fit he showed with his on again off again retirement and his demanding to go to the Vikes merely to stick it to the Pack makes him come off as more of a head case dealing with getting older than being the classic stalwart athlete.

That athlete vision is more illusion than real actually, but the more human Favre is the less good he will do NYJ. I have doubts about this aspect.

Overall, I think it will be a bit of a muddle and how it goes will make a lot of difference.

The NYJ schedule will determine alot.

Game 1- @ MIA- As good a start as they could get against a bad team. If they steal one here they are in business, but they will be at their worse getting used to each other so it will be tough.

Game 2- NE- they will be expected to lose and likely will against a better team. Favre will likely get a free pass from NYJ fans as expectations will be low the first game and low against NE,

Game 3- @ SD- Will likely get their clocks cleaned having to travel cross country, playing at night against a better team. At 0-3 NYJ fans will begin to chalk reasons for losses up as excuses though and it likely will begin to get ugly

Game 4- AZ- I think this will be the make or break game. The team should have its act together by Game 4, AZ should be beatable and it will be at home.

If they steal the 1st one having Favre may help a lot. If they lose the 1st one the odds are they will be 0-3 facing AZ at home and the season will either be salavable or a total disaster based on the outcome.

This is something that I posted in another thread but I think it's relevant here. I fully expect the '05 and '06 Favre to return and not last years Favre. At 39 his athleticism isn't improving. He's smart with a lot of experience but that can only take a QB so far.

OK, so how far can our guy Trent who's athletism is questionable and has little experience take the Bills? I love how many people on this board are so quick to discount Favre's ability. He's easily in the same vicinity as Brady in terms of ability right now IMO. This is a big upgrade for the Jets and by the time the Bills play them, Favre will be more familiar with his new surroundings. Great move by the Jets IMO.

I never liked the guy. He's a punk. It grates on me when Kornhieser and John Madden say "Everybody loves Brett Favre". That's crap. I don't.

I saw an interview with him a couple of years ago. The interviewer asks him what he does to help the young guys so that when he retires in a few years they'll be ready. He replied nothing. He just gets himself ready. He said "you gotta get your own self ready. I'm not gonna help 'em".

Luckily all QBs aren't like that. Matt Hasselbeck sez that Trent Dilfer helped him a lot to be what he is. I remember Don Strock helped Dan Marino when he was just starting out.

Anyway, he's a total classless redneck punk. Good QB, but total classless redneck punk.

That's a great quote if it's accurate. I think people are starting to come around to what a Richard he is.

OK, so how far can our guy Trent who's athletism is questionable and has little experience take the Bills? I love how many people on this board are so quick to discount Favre's ability. He's easily in the same vicinity as Brady in terms of ability right now IMO. This is a big upgrade for the Jets and by the time the Bills play them, Favre will be more familiar with his new surroundings. Great move by the Jets IMO.

Trent is on the upswing of his talent. Brett is on the downswing of his talent. If Trent can build on last year and take a step up. (not a crazy thought) It's quite possible he has a better year than Favre. Look for Favre to have about 20 TD's and 24 Int.'s.

That's a great quote if it's accurate. I think people are starting to come around to what a Richard he is.

Trent is on the upswing of his talent. Brett is on the downswing of his talent. If Trent can build on last year and take a step up. (not a crazy thought) It's quite possible he has a better year than Favre. Look for Favre to have about 20 TD's and 24 Int.'s.

I agree Trent should be on the upswing but you'll never convince me that in 1 season Trent will rise to a level that Brett will fall to. There is a canyon of difference in the 2 QBs right now. Brett throwing all those picks may be wishful thinking by so many on this board.

This post certainly demonstrates your level of class. You'll never find any meaningful number of people close to Favre (teammates, neighbors and others) that consider him to be what you call him here. You won't.

I agree Trent should be on the upswing but you'll never convince me that in 1 season Trent will rise to a level that Brett will fall to. There is a canyon of difference in the 2 QBs right now. Brett throwing all those picks may be wishful thinking by so many on this board.

In 2005 he threw 29 Int.'s.

I said 8-10 wins for the Jets and Favre throws about 8 more TD's than INT's. Something around 27 TD's and 19 INT's. The Jets have some viable receiving threats in Coles, Cothchery, Clowney, Baker, Franks, and Dustin Keller. He also has Thomas Jones and Leon Washington to throw the ball to out of the backfield.