Brett Favre traded to the New York Jets per FoxSports

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Favre playing for a team other than Green Bay is just wrong. The Pack should have brought him back period. Passing the reigns to Aaron Rodgers?...PLEASE. The Pack will regret this move forever. I like the draft pick of Leodis McKelvin even better at this point. :angry:

I won't write the Jets off when I see how much better the weapons around him are. Also Brett Favre has played nearly every down of his football career in GB...this is a totally different environment and team then what he's been use to his entire career. It's not like the Jets are bringing him in at the prime of his career where it would be a lot easier to ease into a new surrounding and a new system.

Just heard it on ESPN News and its confirmed. Can't wait to see him throw 4 picks at Ralph Wilson Stadium. He has absolutely NO RECEIVERS to throw too.

Well, he hasn't had a hall of fame cast of receivers in Green Bay either. They've had a revolving door at receiver his whole career. He just put up numbers with whoever they had on that roster. He'll make the Jets a far better team and he'll teach their receivers a ton and I wouldn't rule out the Jets trying to get another receiver from somewhere. The Jets have certainly made some meaningful upgrades to their team this off-season. They won't be a pushover this year.

The jets made a lot of offseason moves, and their defense got much better. They added calvin pace and kris jenkins, and drafted v. gholston who is probably going to be a monster. On offense they added alan faneca and have a line that has the looks of being very good. His weapons are Coles, Cotchery, Keller, Thomas Jones. Anyone that says the Jets will not be good and we will crush them, you are a complete idiot. If Favre came to the Bills everyone would be talking super bowl. Lets not forget we don't have a QB as of now and the Jets have Favre, who put up some amazing numbers just last year. Bottom line is untill we have an offense that ranks better than 30th lets not be stupid and act like Edwards will be better then Favre. After saying that I think we just need to hope that it doesn't work out for the Jets, and Edwards becomes the real deal.

-by the way, to make things even worse, we play the Jets later in the year as opposed to early this season.

I won't write the Jets off when I see how much better the weapons around him are. Also Brett Favre has played nearly every down of his football career in GB...this is a totally different environment and team then what he's been use to his entire career. It's not like the Jets are bringing him in at the prime of his career where it would be a lot easier to ease into a new surrounding and a new system.

Oh yeah by no means does this mean that the Jets are contenders, but it does give them a lot of hope

Yes! More QB chaos for the Jets! I have been wishing for this to happen, but I honestly didn't think the Jets would be this dumb, again. They haven't been able to get over the fact that Pennington was done 2 years ago. Now, in true Jests style, they make a bad problem worse, by getting a guy who at best has 1-2 serviceable years left. He brings with him a ton of baggage that will instantly be converted into even more chaos the minute he pulls out of the Newark airport onto 95.

These guys have been fooling themselves with pop-gun Pennington for a long time, and, we are talking about the NY Jets here, the undisputed champions of terrible personnel moves(Detroit is still 2nd place). It's quite possible that they make this move and then not even start him, and while that would be hilarious, it wouldn't surprise me one bit coming from the Jets.

2 career days for our new and improved defensive backfield coming this season. The INTs will be like mana from heaven, no matter who starts, because there will be even more QB chaos all year. I'm going to the store to get some popcorn and check out the Jets boards. I bet there is already a Favre vs. Pennington thread going. :angry: Oh man, the fans in NYC, this is going to be fun.....

Of course I could be wrong here, but I highly doubt it on this one.

How will Hank steal the spot light back from the Jets and put it back on the Yanks!?!

Better yet, how long before ESPN declares the Jets a "legit" contender in the AFC now?

Just when we thought the "sexy" pick of "the Jets are going to surprise a lot of people this year" was done... now we can dust that same old tired script off again. :angry:

The Jets gave up a conditional 4th round pick (depending on playing time).

Fourth rounder at minimum, 3rd rounder if he plays 60% of the snaps, 2nd rounder for 70%, and it's a 1st rounder for 80% and above.. Pretty good deal for both sides IMO.