Survey: what is the screen resolution of your PDA?

SDS

I'm running a Moto Q, the resolution is 320x240.

If you can make this site look good on there, you'll be doing road warriors everywhere a great service my friend...

If?

It's just a matter of when... I just need to decide what is the best resolution to design for and figure out what to throw out the window.

Sanyo M1: 240(w) x 320(h) but looking at getting a Samsung Instinct 240 x 432.......... Looking forward to tbd/pda

Cell Phone Resolution

Samsung Instinct 240 x 432

Samsung Glyde 240 x 440

Nokia N81 (8GB) 320 x 240

LG Voyager 400 x 240

Palm Centro 320 x 320

Apple iPhone 480 x 320

Sanyo M1: 240(w) x 320(h) but looking at getting a Samsung Instinct 240 x 432.......... Looking forward to tbd/pda

Cell Phone Resolution

Samsung Instinct 240 x 432

Samsung Glyde 240 x 440

Nokia N81 (8GB) 320 x 240

LG Voyager 400 x 240

Palm Centro 320 x 320

Apple iPhone 480 x 320

I assume the iTouch is the same as the iPhone

PTR

240w x 320h verizon(starcom) xv6700

I think that's pretty much a standard on most of the tft screens out there. Especially on smart phones that support pocket pc(pocket crap). I have to be on Verizon so I don't get an iphone until later I guess. :wallbash:

ok, try this guys/gals:

http://www.twobillsdrive.com/pda/

when I resize my browser window to 320 pix wide - some text gets cut off, but I'm not sure if this is because I'm not actually using a pda.

also, can you get to all the links on the menu or do they get covered up/chopped off with no way to them?

Anyway, try it... and let me know.

No cut-off text on my Treo 755. (320x320)

Looks pretty good, and easy to read. Only drawback was that since I've got it set to no images, so the only link I to the Stadium Wall was "message boards". And it's much harder to read. very horizontal. lots of slow scrolling to try and read. Haven't played around with it beyond that though.

Nevermind, I scrolled down and found the lofi version. MUCH easier. Maybe make it the default link from the /pda main page?

Thanks for your work! I truly am addicted to your site. It's become my only way of connecting with my Bills now that I'm in L.A.

No cut-off text on my Treo 755. (320x320)

Looks pretty good, and easy to read. Only drawback was that since I've got it set to no images, so the only link I to the Stadium Wall was "message boards". And it's much harder to read. very horizontal. lots of slow scrolling to try and read. Haven't played around with it beyond that though.

Nevermind, I scrolled down and found the lofi version. MUCH easier. Maybe make it the default link from the /pda main page?

Thanks for your work! I truly am addicted to your site. It's become my only way of connecting with my Bills now that I'm in L.A.

I since set the display to 320 pixels wide, but this might not be good for the iphone crowd. I need to find how they use the site before I make changes for them.

I thought about linking to the lo-fi version, but wasn't sure if that was better.

Could you get to the wall through the box of links towards the end or the navigation bar (fan zone)?

I since set the display to 320 pixels wide, but this might not be good for the iphone crowd. I need to find how they use the site before I make changes for them.

I thought about linking to the lo-fi version, but wasn't sure if that was better.

Could you get to the wall through the box of links towards the end or the navigation bar (fan zone)?

Hmmmm.... Truthfully, with my browser and no pictures, I often have a difficult time lining up what's what, when comparing with the real site. I found 3 spots that link (only because the links have now changed color since I've visited TSW) I only originally found the one at the bottom (home/contact/MESSAGE BOARD) The other two that I've found are: "join the discussion on TSW" after the news and ..."fan zone, forums, TSW, Off the wall..." at the top.

I vote lofi, because pictures often take too long. er, I'm too impatient.

Hope it helps!

Mark.

Hmmmm.... Truthfully, with my browser and no pictures, I often have a difficult time lining up what's what, when comparing with the real site. I found 3 spots that link (only because the links have now changed color since I've visited TSW) I only originally found the one at the bottom (home/contact/MESSAGE BOARD) The other two that I've found are: "join the discussion on TSW" after the news and ..."fan zone, forums, TSW, Off the wall..." at the top.

I vote lofi, because pictures often take too long. er, I'm too impatient.

Hope it helps!

Mark.

I have already changed the forums links in the menu and at the bottom of the page. Plus, I removed the image from the top. I'll remove the images from the schedule and stadiumwall box soon.

However, making those stadiumwall box links go to lo-fi would be tricky as it is just an rss feed. I could do the general link but not latest topic links.

ok, try this guys/gals:

http://www.twobillsdrive.com/pda/

when I resize my browser window to 320 pix wide - some text gets cut off, but I'm not sure if this is because I'm not actually using a pda.

also, can you get to all the links on the menu or do they get covered up/chopped off with no way to them?

Anyway, try it... and let me know.

Tried it. Before I say anything else, the new site looks great. :wallbash: Ok, enough praise, now on to the issues :wallbash::nana:

Are you using frames or specified pixels instead of %'s? The reason I ask is I see huge tracts of whitespace on mine in between the sections(divs?) of the page. I am using mobile ie(MSIE 4.01). Other than that, the graphics look fine, and it seems to operate fine.

Stop me any time if you know why :lol: , if not....

Looks like there's an issue with resizing your divs/frames/whatever you are doing. Are you using some sort of content management system? Sometimes those things mess up the CSS stuff and/or include a standardized template unless you tell them not to(and a myriad of other BS). For example, underneath the Bills schedule, on my phone I can see the "OpenCube Drop Down Menu (www.opencube.com)" content label. (btw, just curious...why them?)

Sometimes 3rd party widgets can get tricky but I don't think that's what this is. It looks like this browser/version is interpreting the layout wrong, or you are doing it(javascript resize function?) in javascript/dhtml that isn't supported by this version of I.E., which means this browser would simply ignore it = no resize = white space.

I suppose I could look at the code and see, but it's 12:50 and I am tired of looking at code today. :D However, I'm willing to help. It's easy to figure out what is supported and what isn't javascript/dhtml for what version, and I have all that stuff handy. Suffice it to say that IE is purposely downgraded, especially it's support of javascript/dhtml, by handheld companies/microsoft because they don't want people building platform/device agnostic mobile-web apps like you are or I have. Turns their devices into commodities/makes .net irrelevant, they don't want that, and therefore they keep trying to force people to use their development environments/their java runtimes, to lock people in to their devices/.net. It's stupid, and it solves nothing, but that's nothing new from hardware companies and it's SOP for Microsuck.

Also, let's be clear, I hate mobile i.e. and I haven't updated my opera...just bigger things going on right now. However, I figure most people are going to use whatever comes with their phone, that's mobile IE, and that's why I raised this.

The site opens and reads well on my Motorola Q (using Opera), but the drop-down menus are a problem. Is there a way for you to make them open only when you click on them, as opposed to them dropping down automatically?

The site opens and reads well on my Motorola Q (using Opera), but the drop-down menus are a problem. Is there a way for you to make them open only when you click on them, as opposed to them dropping down automatically?

1. I guess it begs the question on what information people are looking for. Is it just the article links or do people want access to everything?

2. I was wondering if it wasn't better to have a list of links show up on a new page instead of a drop down? That way they can be listed linearly.

3. Yes, I can make that an "on click" event.