Better off without Peters?

Hear me out...I don't believe Peter's is healed from his injury...He's a big boy and groin injuries do take a lot of time to heal...So would you rather have an over paid LT that might be injured over someone who is healthy and playing their hearts out on the field?

Just food for thought

Hear me out...I don't believe Peter's is healed from his injury...He's a big boy and groin injuries do take a lot of time to heal...So would you rather have an over paid LT that might be injured over someone who is healthy and playing their hearts out on the field?

Just food for thought

Of course we're not better off without our best OLman. That's a given.

Not sure about the injury stuff.

But I AM sure that we're better off if he ends up missing any regular season games because doing that SCREWS his teammates.

GO BILLS!!!

Better start preparing for a better 2009 draft pick right from game 1 onwards.

I seriously doubt, unless there's ANY truth that he's not 100% healthy, that he misses any regular season games.

If he does. So be it. If he wants to screw his teammates by not playing and thus hurting their chances he can sit on his ass for he 3 years the Bills own it.

Yes, he's the best player on our team, let alone the best OLman. But he's got a ways to go before he's in the company of Jones, Ogden, Pace, etc. They were PERENNIAL pro bowlers and All Pros. They are POLISHED LTs, whereas Peters has a ways to go in his techniques, etc. He makes up for his screw ups with pure athleticism. And that's fantastic. But you just don't make the guy the highest paid LT after only 1 1/2 seasons even PLAYING the position and one Pro Bowl birth.

He should be in camp, working to improve, proving to the Bills that last year was just the first of many great years, and renegotiate from that position.

If Parker thinks the Bills are going to flinch he's delusional. They WILL go with a less talented player if they have to. Teams have done that since the first player ever held out.

GO BILLS!!!

Just food for thought

The literal answer to your question is, no we are not better off. However, the possibility of less-than-full-recovery from the injury may be one of the reasons why Brandon wants to see him in camp before talking about a renegotiation.

The literal answer to your question is, no we are not better off. However, the possibility of less-than-full-recovery from the injury may be one of the reasons why Brandon wants to see him in camp before talking about a renegotiation.

Couldn't have said it better myself..

yeah, because probowl LT are so easy to find. In fact, why would any team want a guy like that? Its not like he is in a critical position on offense or plays any roll in the running game.

I say forget him and start some noname backup lineman.... :thumbsup:

I believe that Jason Peters has decided that he needs the month of August alone in order to progress spiritually as a human being. It was revealed to him by an angel that God wants him to focus on praying instead of football, and once he has done that, he will be in camp to work on an extension.

Prove me wrong if you can.

An amputated Peters with one leg and one arm is still better than Chambers.

Completedly agreed but I'll take it one step further.

I'll bet that Peters' amputated leg will serve better than Chambers full body and mind.

Just food for thought

The injury is called "sports hernia" or "athletic pupalgia".

LJ Smith of the Eagles had the same surgery, on May 31 and he is doing contact work in camp as of Tuesday. Jason's surgery took place in January so he has had 5 additional months to recover. There has been no report of his having been readmitted, regressed or had any complication. The surgery was reported to be successful by Chris Brown when it happened. I know of no public report that would indicate that he hasn't had a full and complete recovery.

Upon what evidence do you base your belief that the injury has not healed?

And if the guy playing his heart out on the field is getting schooled every play while our fragile QB is getting pounded, I think I'd take a chance on the all-pro, banged up or no.