Enough is Enough.

This is really starting to annoy me. There has been no discussions, no talks. No one has seen or heard from Peters.

Is he still hurt from the groin injury? Is it something else? Is he in shape? If so, where has he been playing/practicing/working out?

Or is this strictly about him wanting a contract?

I'm fed up with it. We've missed the playoffs for too many years. And now we have a good, young, promising, and up-start team that is loaded with young talent. This team is ready to compete, ready to learn to win, and on the cusp of becomming an AFC force once again. Just when things are looking up our key piece on the O-Line decides to holdout based on his one year of solid play.

Yes, he is underpaid for his position, yes he is only the third highest paid guy on that line. But we finally have some consistency there and some good play, and now the Peters holdout is messing it all up. Our RT has to spend his time getting reps at a position he doesn't play, and our new RT isn't anything to brag about. He is ruining our season, and it hasn't even begun.

You have three years left on your deal. Play the year out, show you're the real deal at LT, and then we'll talk big money. It's not like $4 million/year is peanuts either.

The part that really gets me is that he hasn't even spoken to anyone and no one has seen him. That is ridiculous. This is silent treatment to the extreme. It is insane. Is Peters a moron, or is his agent the moron, giving him bad advice.

In any case, this sucks.

If what Brandon said is true, that he will negotiate if he shows up to camp, then he should. But my nagging suspicion is that Peters is either hurt or out of shape or both. That is the only reason why he could be so AWOL.

But this has gone on long enough, we need you in camp, the O-Line needs you in camp, Edwards needs you in camp, and most importantly, the Bills and their fans as a whole need you in camp.

If he doesn't show up soon, I say make him sit the whole year. Don't trade him either. Just make him sit for three years, for his whole contract. I don't care. Peters is being selfish and is putting himself before the team. This is not right.

Anybody else as frustrated as me? Geez I'm pissed.

But still...

GO BILLS!

Personally, I'm numb. None of the other players has ever handled their contract issues well, IMO. Bunch of big whiny fat azzholes. I used to laugh at people who liked college football better than pro. I was clueless (that and the fact that UB was crap). Now I can't wait to see the Lobos play their home opener August 30th, and I could really give a rat's ass about these rich nancys. Don't get me wrong, I started posting here a few weeks ago with the thought that this could be an exciting year for the Bills, and it still can be, but my love of these players has taken a huge hit after reading that thread about Peters from front to back, and seeing how all of them, since Bruce Smith and beyond, have all acted like total assbags when someone next to them got a bigger salary than they did. I mean, what a totally destructive CBA. Shameful.

!@#$ it. I'm half tempted to drop my Sunday Ticket and sleep in on Sundays now. Buncha dicks.

Guest dog14787
I'm not freaking out yet. I'm not 100 percent he needs to be in camp to keep up. The dude obviously has the skills. To me it's more of an annoyance than it is a cause for concern.

I'm freaking out :devil:

Personally, I'm numb. None of the other players has ever handled their contract issues well, IMO. Bunch of big whiny fat azzholes. I used to laugh at people who liked college football better than pro. I was clueless (that and the fact that UB was crap). Now I can't wait to see the Lobos play their home opener August 30th, and I could really give a rat's ass about these rich nancys. Don't get me wrong, I started posting here a few weeks ago with the thought that this could be an exciting year for the Bills, and it still can be, but my love of these players has taken a huge hit after reading that thread about Peters from front to back, and seeing how all of them, since Bruce Smith and beyond, have all acted like total assbags when someone next to them got a bigger salary than they did. I mean, what a totally destructive CBA. Shameful.

!@#$ it. I'm half tempted to drop my Sunday Ticket and sleep in on Sundays now. Buncha dicks.

completely agreed. if (god forbid) the Bills do leave Buffalo someday, I would never watch the NFL again. This team is my only interest in this league.

College (and even High School) is much more entertaining and "real" (if that makes sense). Dont get me wrong, I understand that the NCAA is all about money. But the players are motivated by other factors. And the best part, no agents.

completely agreed. if (god forbid) the Bills do leave Buffalo someday, I would never watch the NFL again. This team is my only interest in this league.

College (and even High School) is much more entertaining and "real" (if that makes sense). Dont get me wrong, I understand that the NCAA is all about money. But the players are motivated by other factors. And the best part, no agents.

I completely agree as well. I get more hype for a big time college rivalry game than I do the Super Bowl. I'd rather watch Auburn vs. Alabama, Notre Dame vs. USC, Florida vs. Tennessee, Texas vs. Texas A&M, Georgia vs. Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech vs. Virginia, and I could just continue on. These kids are playing for their school, all it stands for past and present, and that big crystal football. They actually care about their team and who they represent, not just themselves.

Exactly. He could be hiding any injury and wants big money so he can secure himself financially, then disclose it.

And the Bills organization is not that stupid................................I promise. :devil:

I completely agree as well. I get more hype for a big time college rivalry game than I do the Super Bowl. I'd rather watch Auburn vs. Alabama, Notre Dame vs. USC, Florida vs. Tennessee, Texas vs. Texas A&M, Georgia vs. Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech vs. Virginia, and I could just continue on. These kids are playing for their school, all it stands for past and present, and that big crystal football. They actually care about their team and who they represent, not just themselves.

Auburn-Alabama? You're not really a Bills fan right? I would rather watch a Bills preseason game than Auburn-Alabama. Sorry, this site is for Bills fans. You should leave immediately.

Auburn- Alabama! Sheesh.

maybe bad karma to the Bills front office.....

they have jerked some players........so if the players jerk back, I cant really blame them.

IT A BUSINE$$!!!

Name one player THIS front office has jerked around. Notice I said THIS front office, not that travesty that ol' whitey looked over.

And more precisely, name one thing that the FO has done to Peters personally.

-We give him a chance as an UDFA, and even though he didn't contribute, we kept him around.

-After releasing him (We needed another QB as a backup IIRC), we resigned him.

-We gave him a nice five year deal (3.5 mil per year) after ONE season as a RT.

-After ONE season at LT, he decides to hold out. (without telling the team of intentions during the offseason, OTA's, and a week into camp.)

-All year, we ran better to the right of the line, and threw the ball very few times. He definately played great, but he didn't exactly reinvent the wheel. How many times can you remember off of the top of your head when he would whiff on blocks downfield? (one of my pet peeves about him)

I'm all for giving him a huge contract, but if you want to pout like a baby, sit at home and let the fines pile up. Get in camp and EARN your money.

Maybe Peters is to blame, not the agent. Now some of you may stop reading as soon as you see Florio, but found this tidbit on BB.com interesting and strange. Could we have another Mike Williams situation on our hands?

"I was listening to Mike Florio from Profootballtalk.com on the Brad Riter Show tonight and he said that he didn't get a chance to write about it yet but that he had heard that nobody is in contact with Peters and that includes coaches, players and his own agent that have not had their phone calls returned."

Maybe Peters is to blame, not the agent. Now some of you may stop reading as soon as you see Florio, but found this tidbit on BB.com interesting and strange. Could we have another Mike Williams situation on our hands?

"I was listening to Mike Florio from Profootballtalk.com on the Brad Riter Show tonight and he said that he didn't get a chance to write about it yet but that he had heard that nobody is in contact with Peters and that includes coaches, players and his own agent that have not had their phone calls returned."

Are we sure he is still alive? Has anybody anywhere seen him? You would have thought that by now one of the Buffalo area television stations would have sent their investigation team out to try and get an exclusive interview...

Auburn-Alabama? You're not really a Bills fan right? I would rather watch a Bills preseason game than Auburn-Alabama. Sorry, this site is for Bills fans. You should leave immediately.

Auburn- Alabama! Sheesh.

SEC football is 1000X more entertaining than the NFL

Every year, without fail, there is a contract dispute and every year the consensus on the board is the same: the player is a jerk and the agent is a moron. So it is with Peters and so it will be with the next guy.

Maybe he will get a new deal and maybe he will have to eventually give in and play under the same contract. If the former, then the result would validate the strategy. If the latter, it cost him nothing. He gets to skip camp and enjoy his vacation that much longer and get the same $ he would have if he hadn't held out. Yeah, what a moron.

Get the deal done with Evans first. (they seem to be close to getting tht done). Peters definatly deserves a new contract. Hes a Probowl LT, but still being paid on his old contract.

I would like to see Evans signed within a week or so, and then start talks with Peters, finalizing it before the preseason.

Get the deal done with Evans first. (they seem to be close to getting tht done). Peters definatly deserves a new contract. Hes a Probowl LT, but still being paid on his old contract.

I would like to see Evans signed within a week or so, and then start talks with Peters, finalizing it before the preseason.

I have not heard anything getting done regarding Evans contract. Care to share anything?