Walker...our new LT

WALKER REPPING AT LEFT TACKLE: After getting a couple of reps on the left side in one-on-one pass rush drills last night, Langston Walker is lining up at left tackle in the closed morning walk through.

Kirk Chambers is lining up at right tackle. We'll have more on this story later today.

bb.com

WALKER REPPING AT LEFT TACKLE: After getting a couple of reps on the left side in one-on-one pass rush drills last night, Langston Walker is lining up at left tackle in the closed morning walk through.

Kirk Chambers is lining up at right tackle. We'll have more on this story later today.

Kirk Chambers must really be horrible because Langston Walker is a very average RT. Just because he signed a multi million dollar contract does not mean he is a good player. We need Peters back asap.

Kirk Chambers must really be horrible because Langston Walker is a very average RT. Just because he signed a multi million dollar contract does not mean he is a good player. We need Peters back asap.

I wouldn't be surpised if Peters isn't the official starting LT until after the bye- even if he does eventually show up to camp, and even if he's out there for 90% of the snaps.

I think you're wrong on several accounts: (1) Chambers is great for what he is-- a back-up swing tackle; and (2) Walker has been nothing but impressive since he's arrived here.

But that doesn't mean we'd be a lot better on the line with Peters at LT and Chambers on the bench.

Explain?

Forgive me, kota, for speaking on your behalf, but I believe what you are saying is that people assume Langston Walker sucks because he was part of a sucky Raiders OL, and that is their gospel in terms of whether Walker is, in fact, any good. If they would watch Walker instead of the ball, they might see things differently.

No surprise here. Schonert said in mini camp that if Peters wasn't at camp they'd try Walker at RT.

But I do agree, whatever combo they try, it's not going to be as good as having Peters at LT. We nee him back, both sides need to grow up and get it done.

Forgive me, kota, for speaking on your behalf, but I believe what you are saying is that people assume Langston Walker sucks because he was part of a sucky Raiders OL, and that is their gospel in terms of whether Walker is, in fact, any good. If they would watch Walker instead of the ball, they might see things differently.

Thank you. I couldn't have said it better myself.

No surprise here. Schonert said in mini camp that if Peters wasn't at camp they'd try Walker at RT.

But I do agree, whatever combo they try, it's not going to be as good as having Peters at LT. We nee him back, both sides need to grow up and get it done.

:D

Sure sure, I knew that's what he meant. I guess I was looking for insight as to just how well LW as been. HAS he been really good?

Peters will be our starting LT on Sept 7th

I agree that this is the best thing for the team but can you imagine them telling him that he is back at RT when he returns and has to earn his LT spot back? Then Brandon can say "you are being paid the right amount for a starting right tackle". It is possible.

The thing that really sucks about this is now, when Peters returns, he will be behind because of all the missed practice and Walker will be behind because he has been learning the left tackle position. This will screw up the teams cohesiveness.

I agree that this is the best thing for the team but can you imagine them telling him that he is back at RT when he returns and has to earn his LT spot back? Then Brandon can say "you are being paid the right amount for a starting right tackle". It is possible.

The thing that really sucks about this is now, when Peters returns, he will be behind because of all the missed practice and Walker will be behind because he has been learning the left tackle position. This will screw up the teams cohesiveness.

It may be time to update your sig.

Sure sure, I knew that's what he meant. I guess I was looking for insight as to just how well LW as been. HAS he been really good?

I would say that so far, I'm happy with him as our RT.

I would say that so far, I'm happy with him as our RT.

And, next to Dockery, if he appears to be more than adequate at LT, Peters may lose a lot of leverage. Either way, this situation may turn out to be a good learning experience about just how badly we need Peters, or not.

Or let me play the role of "glass half full." When Peters returns, Walker will have experience at both tackle positions. If something happens to Peters during the regular season, we can seamlessly shift Walker to LT and will have a better o-line across the board.