Peters contingency plans

First, I think the owner needs to intervene and get the two parties talking. I'm sure he supports the organizational stance thus far, but Peters merits special treatment in the sense that if this current staredown isn't going anywhere, then the boss needs to take the ball and introduce agent to GM and vice versa. Set up a conference call or whatever, and lay the parameters each side has on the table. The messages have been sent indirectly thus far. Let's air them out. Peters wants more money? Fine, get him into camp and we'll talk. Now you boys work this out. Reach an understanding that each party saves face and gets what they ultimately want.

If that doesn't happen, I heard the coaches were considering moving Walker over to LT. In looking at the NFL readiness of the backups and their versatility, I would do the following. Butler played Tackle in college, move him over to the right. Whittle can jump into Butlers old RG spot. So opening day lineup would be Walker-Dockery-Fowler-Whittle-Butler. That's our best 5.

Option B would be to just plug Chambers into Peters spot. Bad option.

Option C could be picking up a Tackle when they start getting released, assuming someone better than Chambers is out there. This is probably the least likely option because teams don't throw capable Tackles away, and by the time these guys get released there's not enough time to get the new guy acclimated to your system and build any sense of continuity.

I'd hate to see it happen, but if this gets nasty we may be looking at option A come opening day. Even if Peters shows up the first week of September to collect his paycheck, will he be in shape or football ready, or weigh 400lbs with an uncertain groin? Any other ideas to plan for the worst case scenario, which is Peters not lining up on opening day?

Peters is impossible to replace BD.

If this happened during the season, the plan would most likely be to throw Chambers in there, and help him with a RB and a TE. Our offense would be very limited due to taking these weapons away. It is what we have seen quite often over the years, even when our starters were healthy.

Many of our offensive players at "skill positions" are very young. These guys, especially Trent, need the freedom that having a top flight LT affords a football team. Evans can go deep, but it might not matter if his qb is sacked, or if 3 guys are on him.

In summary, this is an absolute mess. How does a team utilize guys like Edwards, Hardy, Lynch, or even Parrish if the qb has no time, and the LT isn't much of a run blocker? Again, Peters is the best player on the team at this point. This seems to be lost to many.

As for your original question, any hope of a contingency plan was probably over on draft day. Not that a rookie could have stepped in at Peter's level mind you, but at least it would have afforded us a fighting chance.

They truly need to work this out, and soon. :D

If this happened during the season, the plan would most likely be to throw Chambers in there, and help him with a RB and a TE. Our offense would be very limited due to taking these weapons away. It is what we have seen quite often over the years, even when our starters were healthy.

Many of our offensive players at "skill positions" are very young. These guys, especially Trent, need the freedom that having a top flight LT affords a football team. Evans can go deep, but it might not matter if his qb is sacked, or if 3 guys are on him.

In summary, this is an absolute mess. How does a team utilize guys like Edwards, Hardy, Lynch, or even Parrish if the qb has no time, and the LT isn't much of a run blocker? Again, Peters is the best player on the team at this point. This seems to be lost to many.

As for your original question, any hope of a contingency plan was probably over on draft day. Not that a rookie could have stepped in at Peter's level mind you, but at least it would have afforded us a fighting chance.

I really hope that the Bills go out and find soemone else and let this guy sit for the next 3 years. Peters is wrong and may need to start learning the right way to bag groceries. This is not a team player no matter what people think that this is a Buisness. This aint a buisness for the good players and the ones who actually have a passion for the game. If money is thier top driver then they are just prostitutes and need to go do something else. Introspect, Peters, it's about the game, not you.

I really hope that the Bills go out and find soemone else and let this guy sit for the next 3 years. Peters is wrong and may need to start learning the right way to bag groceries. This is not a team player no matter what people think that this is a Buisness. This aint a buisness for the good players and the ones who actually have a passion for the game. If money is thier top driver then they are just prostitutes and need to go do something else. Introspect, Peters, it's about the game, not you.

Unfortunately, LT are not easy to find. He will report late. Just hope he does not come in and gets hurt and have a bad year. I'm guessing he misses most of camp and plays in last pre-season game.

Good morning, Jason. (Or is that you, Eugene?)

Any plans to join your hardworking teammates in camp any time soon?

First, I think the owner needs to intervene and get the two parties talking. I'm sure he supports the organizational stance thus far, but Peters merits special treatment in the sense that if this current staredown isn't going anywhere, then the boss needs to take the ball and introduce agent to GM and vice versa. Set up a conference call or whatever, and lay the parameters each side has on the table. The messages have been sent indirectly thus far. Let's air them out. Peters wants more money? Fine, get him into camp and we'll talk. Now you boys work this out. Reach an understanding that each party saves face and gets what they ultimately want.

If that doesn't happen, I heard the coaches were considering moving Walker over to LT. In looking at the NFL readiness of the backups and their versatility, I would do the following. Butler played Tackle in college, move him over to the right. Whittle can jump into Butlers old RG spot. So opening day lineup would be Walker-Dockery-Fowler-Whittle-Butler. That's our best 5.

Option B would be to just plug Chambers into Peters spot. Bad option.

Option C could be picking up a Tackle when they start getting released, assuming someone better than Chambers is out there. This is probably the least likely option because teams don't throw capable Tackles away, and by the time these guys get released there's not enough time to get the new guy acclimated to your system and build any sense of continuity.

I'd hate to see it happen, but if this gets nasty we may be looking at option A come opening day. Even if Peters shows up the first week of September to collect his paycheck, will he be in shape or football ready, or weigh 400lbs with an uncertain groin? Any other ideas to plan for the worst case scenario, which is Peters not lining up on opening day?

Simple. Let somebody else practice there until Peters comes back in a couple weeks or so.