Opinions on such things as using the internet to stalk.....sorry......

The Poojer

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i actually did send her a note via myspace....much to the chagrin of many here...but really just did a "friend request" and in the subject line put "...Hey, I know you...", she quickly accepted the request then replied that it was nice to hear from me...and some more small talk....so step one was successful, so far....stay tuned

C'mon Poojer. Let's have an update...

Inquiring minds want to know...

Did you bust a move?

i actually did send her a note via myspace....much to the chagrin of many here...but really just did a "friend request" and in the subject line put "...Hey, I know you...", she quickly accepted the request then replied that it was nice to hear from me...and some more small talk....so step one was successful, so far....stay tuned

Well, I still highly recommend growing a set, but let's go baby steps here.

I absolutely disagree with your actions to this point. I mean, if you didn't want our advice and knew you were going to send her a myspace msg either way, why did you ask us????

Ok, lecture over.

The worst outcome out of that would have been that "friend request" sitting there forever. Luckily, that didn't happen. Now that she accepted you as an "eFriend" lets move on past the 1s and 0s and ask this chick on a date. She knows what you're doing here... women always do. She doesn't think that you just want to be her friend. You're too far gone for that. You obviously looked up her name and searched her out on the internet. That's either creepy, desperate, or potentially (and this one's a stretch) "sweet" as she might think you're too shy too talk to her and find that refreshing.

But now that you've done what you've done, and gone against all reason and rationale, you've actually opened a door. You, just because you're shy, don't lack the sense of knowing when a woman isn't interested. You will know. I would take the opportunity to break out of this eFriendship and ask her out for COFFEE.

I absolutely think going to a cofee shop to drink coffee is the worst event ever for me PERSONALLY. But its a great place for a first date. The worst?

Movies: You can't talk to the person.

A Concert: You can't talk freely to the person and what are the chances you both love the artist(s)

Putt-Putt, bowling, or any competition: Don't do it. "Letting her win" is bad. Really losing is worse.

Bar: You will question if her advances are true or are alcohol soaked.

Going out for coffee is good because you can talk, and its EASY escape for either party, AND if things are going well you can THEN go to a bar, movie, etc, etc, etc. But if she (or you) doesn't want to continue the date to another locale, you can always "have to get up early".

So, send her an email asking if she'd like to get get a cup of (horrible, overpriced) Starbucks. Tell her years later that you hate Starbucks and only went there for a good first date.

In my defense, there were a couple people in this thread that gave me the "thumbs up" so its not like i had my mind made up and was just flapping my gums. Coupled with a couple of people here that said they didnt see a problem with that either...and they are of the female persuasion...

And now that I have done this little ice breaker....Myspace is history...now its gonna be in person or over the phone...i just needed that vehicle to get to the face to face

I absolutely disagree with your actions to this point. I mean, if you didn't want our advice and knew you were going to send her a myspace msg either way, why did you ask us????

Ok, lecture over.

The worst outcome out of that would have been that "friend request" sitting there forever. Luckily, that didn't happen. Now that she accepted you as an "eFriend" lets move on past the 1s and 0s and ask this chick on a date. She knows what you're doing here... women always do. She doesn't think that you just want to be her friend. You're too far gone for that. You obviously looked up her name and searched her out on the internet. That's either creepy, desperate, or potentially (and this one's a stretch) "sweet" as she might think you're too shy too talk to her and find that refreshing.

But now that you've done what you've done, and gone against all reason and rationale, you've actually opened a door. You, just because you're shy, don't lack the sense of knowing when a woman isn't interested. You will know. I would take the opportunity to break out of this eFriendship and ask her out for COFFEE.

I absolutely think going to a cofee shop to drink coffee is the worst event ever for me PERSONALLY. But its a great place for a first date. The worst?

Movies: You can't talk to the person.

A Concert: You can't talk freely to the person and what are the chances you both love the artist(s)

Putt-Putt, bowling, or any competition: Don't do it. "Letting her win" is bad. Really losing is worse.

Bar: You will question if her advances are true or are alcohol soaked.

Going out for coffee is good because you can talk, and its EASY escape for either party, AND if things are going well you can THEN go to a bar, movie, etc, etc, etc. But if she (or you) doesn't want to continue the date to another locale, you can always "have to get up early".

So, send her an email asking if she'd like to get get a cup of (horrible, overpriced) Starbucks. Tell her years later that you hate Starbucks and only went there for a good first date.

In my defense, there were a couple people in this thread that gave me the "thumbs up" so its not like i had my mind made up and was just flapping my gums. Coupled with a couple of people here that said they didnt see a problem with that either...and they are of the female persuasion...

And now that I have done this little ice breaker....Myspace is history...now its gonna be in person or over the phone...i just needed that vehicle to get to the face to face

You should have contacted my blog...

"Dear Crabby - Advice for the Love-worn".

:thumbsup:

I'm glad you broke the ice.

Now, take her out for a cup of coffee.

Keep us posted.

and when you finally start dating, for all this typing we've done, we deserve a pic.

Exactly...Pooj, I remember you posting when you were hot for someone in your office, but too scared to say anything. Sometime's you really just have to say "what the !@#$" and go for it. While you're methodically circling around and taking your time, there may be another seagull swooping in for that french fry.

what i need is a really good wing man...my options right now are a guy who is my dearest friend in the world, but he has never really had a date in his life...and yes he is straight...the other option is a cadre of really hot girls...emphasis on really hot....who are really good friends....but i fear that girls would be intimidated by them....they really are hot....even to some of the bastards on this boards standards....

Damn Pooj just buy a Windows smartphone...and read these instructions!

http://blogs.computerworld.com/windows_sma...t_sized_wingman

:thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...