Sneak Peek of TBD redesign...

SDS

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks Awesome, any timetable for the roll out? Hopefully before the start of the season. Also, is it possible to use an always changing Bills Player in the ribbon or even better yet, using a series of retro players like Kelly, Thurman, Bruce and so on to try to avoid the "jinxing"?

Looks Awesome, any timetable for the roll out? Hopefully before the start of the season. Also, is it possible to use an always changing Bills Player in the ribbon or even better yet, using a series of retro players like Kelly, Thurman, Bruce and so on to try to avoid the "jinxing"?

ASAP.

It could go now, it's just people will try to click on sub pages that aren't there. Front page functionality is completely duplicated, so we could go live if necessary. I do want to expand it more though before that. Maybe one week.

I need a better photo for the middle anyway. I'm hoping to get one soon.

Site looks great. Especially that blonde chick on the bottom for NOISE BOT. Very HOT she is!!!!!! Make a special section of her in Bills undies! HA

Put HER on the banner for chrissakes!

Looks good scott, but i have 2 comments

1. Get Poz off the banner. He's been hurt once, we dont need to jinx him even more.

2. I like the "Bills news" redesign, but you forgot one important thing. realfootball365 is not news, and doesnt belong up there with Buff news and espn articles. 365 qualifies as "news" in the same way that the sh-- i took yesterday qualifies as "food"

Put a retired player in the top banner. Other than that, looks good.

Given the above statements may I suggest sWillis or Lonnie Freaking Johnson!!

Looks like a ripoff of this site:

http://www.buffalobills.com/billsclipstoday/

:ph34r:

well done... ;)

yes, there will be an RSS feed. I should have placed the icon by the news. Thanks for reminding me.

What is an RSS feed? Looks good but ease of use is what matters most to me and I'll have to test it before I can render full judgment.

NASCAR.com changed their site and it sucks. It's difficult to find some stuff sometimes. :ph34r:

interesting. I received more comments that the design was too bland (which prompted me to add a few visual cues like the small icons) than too busy. These comments were from people seeing the live demo site.

I am striving for a clean, tasteful look. Hopefully I can strike a balance between minimalists and graphic artists. :ph34r:

Like I said, I'm usually the minority opinion in that regard. ;) I prefer my UI's (both designing and using) to be more minimalist, so that they eye is drawn to the important information. The one thing I think that screws that up most often is advertising, which your design seems to have a decent amount of. But I recognize it's a necessary evil.

And really...it's not like I think it's bad or anything. I sure as hell wouldn't avoid a site looking like that. It's not like it's so busy that it'll give me epileptic seizures.

I think it looks great! The video size is not a problem for me, making it smaller would cause me to find the video elsewhere or try to view video on a larger scale. I like the simplicity of the banner, simple style never goes out of style.

Nice work, your making me even more excited about the upcoming season, I am sure I will be visiting compulsively once the ball gets rolling a little more.

I just increased the font size quite a bit in FF and the site stayed reasonable put together. I don't think you'll have an issue. However, if this is an issue for many people I can easily put in a new template that makes adjustments for that. What screen res do you use and what is the minimum comfortable font size?

Screen resolution depends on day - after a long day I decrease screen resolution to force sites which are not dynamic (IE style fonts only) to display bigger. Right now my resolution is 1028x768 because I bought an extra wide monitor.

If it consumes entire window like TSW unlike some Mickey Mouse sites and allows me to increase fonts I'll be happy but several popular packages for M$ servers do not allow it or so claim the webmasters.

Screen resolution depends on day - after a long day I decrease screen resolution to force sites which are not dynamic (IE style fonts only) to display bigger. Right now my resolution is 1028x768 because I bought an extra wide monitor.

If it consumes entire window like TSW unlike some Mickey Mouse sites and allows me to increase fonts I'll be happy but several popular packages for M$ servers do not allow it or so claim the webmasters.

well, the design is 980 px wide - so it will fill up your entire screen. ctrl + increases the font size in firefox and it works well so far. But, like I said - if there is a demand for it - I can make a template for those who want larger fonts.

Or perhaps the banner of the retired players/coaches that is on the wall of the stadium between the 20-40 yard lines. It has Marv, Kemp, some of the 90s bills etc all in a monochrome (blue) image.
linky?

Third picture in this album. Not a good shot, but you can see what Guffalo is describing. I can try to get a better picture at the pre-season game...

http://www.kodakgallery.com/jwheeler/main/bills_vs_giants