OK, So for those of you that support this Front Office, ...

What are your thoughts on the way they handle contracts?

For example, two seasons ago we extended Schobel our best DL by a long shot. The following offseason they give Kelsay more on a per season basis necessarily causing issues with Schobel, and rightly so.

Then they do the same thing last year with Dockery and Walker who aren't close to what Peters is.

This year it's Kyle Williams who now makes more than Peters. So we have a rotational DT making more than one of the top LTs in the business.

We don't even have to talk about Lee Evans, the team's only proven wide receiving talent.

So here we have two of the team's best players that are both underpaid no matter which angle you come from. Relative to lesser players in less important positions, ranked by others at their position around the league, etc.

And we have a Front Office that is doing what precisely, scratching their heads trying to figure out why Peters is unhappy and why Evans appears to be leaving at the end of the season.

Do any of you that think this team manages well support this idiocy?

Are you sure that you believe that this team manages well?

Without Peters the only achievements that Edwards is gonna attain to is number of limbs in traction.

After Evans leaves following this season, Hardy had better be ready to be the #1 WR.

Either way, from the way this team manages you'd think that they only look at the piece of paper that's immediately in front of them and have absolutely no clue as to what this team will look like in years ahead or how one contract eats up money that might be better off earmarked for better players instead of guys like Kelsay, Kyle Williams, and Langston Walker or even Derrick Dockery at the absurd money he got as a somewhat above average G.

But that's our Bills! Gotta love 'em!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

For example, two seasons ago we extended Schobel our best DL by a long shot. The following offseason they give Kelsay more on a per season basis necessarily causing issues with Schobel, and rightly so.

Then they do the same thing last year with Dockery and Walker who aren't close to what Peters is.

This year it's Kyle Williams who now makes more than Peters. So we have a rotational DT making more than one of the top LTs in the business.

We don't even have to talk about Lee Evans, the team's only proven wide receiving talent.

So here we have two of the team's best players that are both underpaid no matter which angle you come from. Relative to lesser players in less important positions, ranked by others at their position around the league, etc.

And we have a Front Office that is doing what precisely, scratching their heads trying to figure out why Peters is unhappy and why Evans appears to be leaving at the end of the season.

Without Peters the only achievements that Edwards is gonna attain to is number of limbs in traction.

After Evans leaves following this season, Hardy had better be ready to be the #1 WR.

Either way, from the way this team manages you'd think that they only look at the piece of paper that's immediately in front of them and have absolutely no clue as to what this team will look like in years ahead or how one contract eats up money that might be better off earmarked for better players instead of guys like Kelsay, Kyle Williams, and Langston Walker or even Derrick Dockery at the absurd money he got as a somewhat above average G.

According to the reports out there Peters has made no effort to talk to the Bills about what he is unhappy about.... How is that the fault of the FO?

Every team is going through this because of the way the salary cap is escalating.

According to the reports out there Peters has made no effort to talk to the Bills about what he is unhappy about.... How is that the fault of the FO?

Sure is for putting him in this ... [i don't even know what to call it] situation. Ridiculous understates the matter.

I mean come on now, you have a Pro Bowl LT, LEFT Tackle, that's making less than many F-ing BACKUPS!

And yet, you don't see a problem with that. Unreal.

Funny how I'm the one charged with hoping the worst fot the team. Gotta love message boards. The centers of independent thinking they surely are not.

Sure is for putting him in this ... [i don't even know what to call it] situation. Ridiculous understates the matter.

I mean come on now, you have a Pro Bowl LT, LEFT Tackle, that's making less than many F-ing BACKUPS!

Funny how I'm the one charged with hoping the worst fot the team. Gotta love message boards. The centers of independent thinking they surely are not.

Besides Jp's long flowing locks, what about this team do you enjoy?

Every team is going through this because of the way the salary cap is escalating.

The salary cap from a percentage standpoint hasn't escalated anymore than it has in past years perhaps less than in most. Get the facts on that.

But in our case our team salary is escalating due to player extensions to guys like Brad Butler who hasn't proven a damn thing yet, Spencer Johnson a backup to date, Kyle Williams a very nominal starter tops, Derrick Dockery making over twice what Peters is a G, and Walker who plays RT making significantly more also.

It cracks me up, the ones of you claiming to want this team to do the best seem to be the ones that think that this situation isn't unreasonable.

You should all join the Front Office because you think identically and make excuses with the best of them.

So explain to me how the front office put Peters in this situation? Did they brainwash him? Waterboard? Gun to the temple? PLAY FOR US OR WE KEEL YOU!!!

Some of you !@#$ing people...

The salary cap from a percentage standpoint hasn't escalated anymore than it has in past years perhaps less than in most. Get the facts on that.

But in our case our team salary is escalating due to player extensions to guys like Brad Butler who hasn't proven a damn thing yet, Spencer Johnson a backup to date, Kyle Williams a very nominal starter tops, Derrick Dockery making over twice what Peters is a G, and Walker who plays RT making significantly more also.

It cracks me up, the ones of you claiming to want this team to do the best seem to be the ones that think that this situation isn't unreasonable.

You should all join the Front Office because you think identically and make excuses with the best of them.

I for one would like to see Peters play at a pro bowl level for an entire season for more then ONE FREAKING YEAR before I go out and break the bank on him. I'll also add to the fact that this guy is still making more money then any of us will ever see and I don't feel one bit sorry for him if his feelings are hurt because other players with more experience in the NFL are making more then he is. Show up to camp, shut your mouth, and earn your pay raise. If he does these things I GUARANTEE he will get what he deserves.

The cap is determined by a percentage of revenues and while the actual percent hasn't increased revenues have skyrocketed which has created more cap room.

What point are you trying to make? Peters isn't talking (even to the media) and his agents aren't talking (even to the media).

The Bills have done a good job (too good in an instance or two IMPO) of re-upping guys in the middle of their contracts. As others have pointed out though...they didn't stay away from mandatory team functions.

All we have to go on (because Peters reps aren't saying anything) is what the Bills are saying.

I can't remenber the last time the Bills extended a contract for a player that had 3 years to go unless it was a cap-saver. Personally, I think Peters has to play 1 more year on this deal and prove he's healthy and that he can continue to play at a pro bowl level, then he cashes in.

Besides Jp's long flowing locks, what about this team do you enjoy?

LOL, you challenging me on fan status! LMAO

Oh, sure, I'll answer that.

I tremendously enjoyed leaving sports bars early last year after watching the team put up 120 yards, 2 1st-downs, and convert 1 3rd-down converstion through 3 quarters. I thought that was very impressive.

I really loved the way we couldn't even get into the red zone. I thought that was exilerating and entertaining. You?

I thought it was very exciting watching us convert fewer red zone TDs than teams like San Francisco, Oakland, Detroit, Kansas City, and even Miami, and the Jets. I mean who wouldn't get all wet over that.

And by all means, how can anyone knock a team that ran fewer plays than any other team including those mentioned above. Not much room for criticism there.

I thought it was great watching Edwards lead the offense to absolutely no points in over half of his games while being poised.

I thought it was also great watching Edwards throw zero TDs in two of every three games. I mean hell, most other teams have to watch ten or twelve games to see a passing TD, but here in Buffalo we got one every third game. I'm getting all wet just thinking about the offensive power as I write this.

I enjoyed watching us beat all those really good teams. (List follows on the next line)

I enjoyed watching Dick Jauron extend his losing streak to six straight seasons. It's not easy getting six season long streaks going. I hope he makes the Wall of Fame one day, he definitely deserves it.

I immensely enjoyed watching our D allow more 3rd down conversions than any other team in the league. Didn't you.

And let's not forget how enjoyable it was having a team with the 27th ranked most yards per play allowed. Nothing like offensive action in a game.

I thought that all that and more was really great. I'm looking forward to a lot more of it this year, aren't you.

:thumbsup:

Give me a break dude. The Bills are in negotiation with Evens currently, RB stated that getting LE signed is their number one priority. Peters contract has 3 years left, Evans expires at the end of this year. Let's use a little logic here! I have faith that the Bills will come to an agreement with Evans, then they can move onto the next priority which may or may not be Peters. I think the new Bills brass are doing a fine job! Let's give them a chance here and not jump all over them because there is one hold veteran hold out, which has had no direct contact with the Bills regarding his situation.

LOL, you challenging me on fan status! LMAO

Oh, sure, I'll answer that.

I tremendously enjoyed leaving sports bars early last year after watching the team put up 120 yards, 2 1st-downs, and convert 1 3rd-down converstion through 3 quarters. I thought that was very impressive.

I really loved the way we couldn't even get into the red zone. I thought that was exilerating and entertaining. You?

I thought it was very exciting watching us convert fewer red zone TDs than teams like San Francisco, Oakland, Detroit, Kansas City, and even Miami, and the Jets. I mean who wouldn't get all wet over that.

And by all means, how can anyone knock a team that ran fewer plays than any other team including those mentioned above. Not much room for criticism there.

I thought it was great watching Edwards lead the offense to absolutely no points in over half of his games while being poised.

I thought it was also great watching Edwards throw zero TDs in two of every three games. I mean hell, most other teams have to watch ten or twelve games to see a passing TD, but here in Buffalo we got one every third game. I'm getting all wet just thinking about the offensive power as I write this.

I enjoyed watching us beat all those really good teams. (List follows on the next line)

I enjoyed watching Dick Jauron extend his losing streak to six straight seasons. It's not easy getting six season long streaks going. I hope he makes the Wall of Fame one day, he definitely deserves it.

I immensely enjoyed watching our D allow more 3rd down conversions than any other team in the league. Didn't you.

And let's not forget how enjoyable it was having a team with the 27th ranked most yards per play allowed. Nothing like offensive action in a game.

I thought that all that and more was really great. I'm looking forward to a lot more of it this year, aren't you.

:thumbsup:

LMAO!!! Even though I don't really appreciate the sarasm directed towards the Bills, I gotta admit this post made me laugh. In all seriousness though, are you really a Bills fan? Is there anything that you do like about the team?

Give me a break dude. The Bills are in negotiation with Evens currently, RB stated that getting LE signed is their number one priority. Peters contract has 3 years left, Evans expires at the end of this year. Let's use a little logic here! I have faith that the Bills will come to an agreement with Evans, then they can move onto the next priority which may or may not be Peters. I think the new Bills brass are doing a fine job! Let's give them a chance here and not jump all over them because there is one hold veteran hold out, which has had no direct contact with the Bills regarding his situation.

I was under the impression that Lee Evans' contract expires after next season. When they were drafted, didn't Evans sign for a year longer than Losman (who is still under contract...).

Little word of advice, if you despise your team so much, go get a new one. There is no need for you to complain about this team every day on a bills FAN board. Last year we were 7-9 playing with guys they grabbed from the parking lot and coaxed into putting down their beers to come and play football. Why be optimistic though? a second year starter who will get better, the front office adressing needs at pressing positions, as well as our best offensive player (besides peters who will be back within the next 2 days imho) returning as a healthy starter.

But i apologize on all of us with enthusiasm for this team during training camp, that is getting some national buzz as it could have gone 9-7 easily last year with the scrub team. God forbid there is optimisim for the bills on a bills Fan board.

I can't remenber the last time the Bills extended a contract for a player that had 3 years to go unless it was a cap-saver. Personally, I think Peters has to play 1 more year on this deal and prove he's healthy and that he can continue to play at a pro bowl level, then he cashes in.

That's not my point at all. In fact, I would typically agree with you. BUT...

You cannot have a team that signs all of these players to such ridiculous deals and then expects the best players to suck it up.

Kyle Williams, Brad Butler, Chris Kelsay, Dockery, Walker, Price last year, Tripplett then, Royal two years ago, Spencer Johnson now, etc., etc., etc. all got more money to play their positions than they are worth. Some of them will be backups. Johnson or Williams for example as there's only one open spot next to Stroud. j

You cannot spend money like that for backups, rotational players, and marginally above average players otherwise and expect Pro Bowlers on your team to be happy.

I mean let's take one case. One and a half years ago or so they extended Schobel. Fine, good. But then within 12 months after that they pay Kelsay even more per year than the extremely generous deal that Schobel got. What message does that send other than that your FO apparently doesn't know what it's doing by paying barely adequate starters money like they gave Kelsay which put him high up the list of what DEs get joining far more productive ones and ones that at least have a knack for making big plays in big games instead of only against the sorriest of defenses?

What did anyone expect Schobel to say? Frankly he got more than he deserved given his age, but that contract to Kelsay was flat out stupid! I would have let him walk before paying that. We could have gotten that performance with half the loot.

It has nothing to do with Peters in a vacuum, so please don't think that way. That's the way the team thinks.

As well, Peters situation is a bit unusual too. He wasn't "planned" or drafted in round 1 or 2 as a top OT prospect. He was an UFA TE that learned to play RT, then LT, and has grown and emerged.

Frankly, I probably will say that when Peters gets a new deal that it was too much also, IDK yet as I haven't seen it. But that really is an indictment of a franchise now known for overpaying players. The proof in the pudding on that one is look at where we are and what kind of players are getting the big bucks on this team.

Our total contracts are right in line with most of the other 32 teams, yet we suck. Ranked dead last or very close to it last year almost across the board except in special teams and McGee's, Lindell's, and Moorman's contracts are relatively tame in contrast.

Good teams for the money that we're spending get much, much more from them. But hey, that entails having a decent GM like Polian, OOOPS, whom we once had but saw the wisdom to fire. Not as if he's had much success around the NFL or anything.

Viva La Donahoe/Levy/Brandon!

These guys don't know WTF they're doing keepthefaith. It's that simple.