The Dark Knight

shrader

Saw it last night, almost had a fight before the show even started. The management kept moving the line around, basically shuffling people that got there after us, into a position to get in the theater before us, since they had no rope line to keep people separated.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The action was good, the special effects were good, but it was a boring movie. Early on, I was just waiting for it to end. It had a good, thought provocative ending, but most of the movie could not hold my attention.

The action was good, the special effects were good, but it was a boring movie. Early on, I was just waiting for it to end. It had a good, thought provocative ending, but most of the movie could not hold my attention.

You must have some serious ADD if that movie couldn't hold your attention...Great flick. As everyone said, Ledger's performance was amazing. Good storytelling, special effects, and quite a few funny lines (mostly from the joker). The theatre I was at also gave a round of applause at the end.

You must have some serious ADD if that movie couldn't hold your attention...Great flick. As everyone said, Ledger's performance was amazing. Good storytelling, special effects, and quite a few funny lines (mostly from the joker). The theatre I was at also gave a round of applause at the end.

No ADD......I just don't think the plot held together too well. I did like the end though- it was pretty interesting.

I walked out of the theater cursing the fact that Heath Ledger died and that we wouldn't see him as the Joker ever again. When he was announced as the Joker I was among the myriad of people that hated the selection. Wow was I wrong.

Same here...when i heard he was casted i was really disappointed....now after seeing the movie im disappointed I wont see him play the Joker ever again....

Great Performance by Heath....

!@#$ING AMAZING....

Just saw it last night might go again today, Movie was great had little flaws i didnt care about batman at all, The Joker was the movie, which concerns me about the next movie if there is a next movie, Harvey DEnts character was great alot better than his two face character. JOHNNY DEPP AS THE NEW JOKER!

But you're missing the point a bit. I'm not saying he needs to have backstory to be an interesting or full character -- not at all. But he needs to have STORY on the screen that's consistent.

If the Joker were just crazy and hell bent on anarchy, that's fine. That's one story. That's what he starts out as in this flick. But then they GIVE him a reason and logic and SANITY when he forms a second, totally separate plan. It's a HUGE disconnect from where he starts the film. Initially it's about the mob and Batman, then he makes it something 180 degrees different. And that sort of thing does not work with a character who's just "crazy".

It was trying to give the Joker a different pathos half way through the movie, but you just can't do that.

His motivation never changed, he just revealed it halfway through. He enjoys the fun of crime and killing, but he was always about the social experiment. You did notice he spent a lot of the movie lying to people, right?

The Joker's whole world view is that there is no justice in the world, so everything is a joke. He wants to bring people around to that with chaos and he thinks (correctly, most of the time) that he can manipulate people into compromising their values to do what he wants (he convinces a cop to beat him, other cops to try to kill the guy who wanted to reveal who Batman was, and turned Harvey "White Knight" Dent into a murderer). He spends the entire movie telling people whatever he needs to to get them to do what he wants. And he's so happy at the end because he's found someone (Batman) that he can't compromise, i.e. a worthy adversary to play with forever.

Most of the other complaints I've heard about this movie are pretty stupid. People really don't understand what happened to the Joker after the party? He threw Rachel out the window to create a diversion so that he could escape. I can't believe anyone was confused by that.

The movie was outstanding.

No, it was average. If you want an outstanding move, rent fracture- that was outstanding

What other movies do you think are "average"?

TDK had more plot and better action than almost any other movie I can think of. The movie deals with themes as heavy as compromising values to achieve safety and if good versus evil even means anything when the chips are down. Most movies are afraid to even try to handle ideas like that, let alone handle them so well.

Sorry you were bored. :bag:

Wanted was a MUCH better movie than Dark Knight, so was Ironman

In your opinion. In my opinion Iron Man was my favorite comic book based movie until I saw Dark Knight. I'm hoping that the Watchmen will take the title from Dark Knight.

No, it was average. If you want an outstanding move, rent fracture- that was outstanding

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/

so you thought it was drab...fantastic...apparently 47 thousand people think that The Dark Knight was better than The Godfather, which used to be IMDB's top rated movie... 9.7/10 :bag:

His motivation never changed, he just revealed it halfway through.

That's dead on (along with the rest of the post that I cut out). It was never about Batman. It was about Harvey Dent. In destroying Dent, he found that perfect adversary in Batman.

oh please, 47,000 people???? WOW....47,000 + people have forgotten about the godfather movie.......

the frigging godfather has been out for nearly 35 years, batman or whatever the comic strip hero du jour movie of the day has been out for 3.5 days...dont make yourself sound silly by comparing the 2 or referencing some site that pretends do, by some purely subjective rating system...our hop pocket society will forget about batman, or the dark knight or whatever he/she/it is called this week once underdog 2 comes out... :bag:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/

apparently 47 thousand people think that The Dark Knight was better than The Godfather, which used to be IMDB's top rated movie... 9.7/10 :lol:

oh please, 47,000 people???? WOW....47,000 + people have forgotten about the godfather movie.......

the frigging godfather has been out for nearly 35 years, batman or whatever the comic strip hero du jour movie of the day has been out for 3.5 days...dont make yourself sound silly by comparing the 2 or referencing some site that pretends do, by some purely subjective rating system...our hop pocket society will forget about batman, or the dark knight or whatever he/she/it is called this week once underdog 2 comes out... :bag:

NOW who's blowing things out of proportion?