The Dark Knight

shrader

Tonight at midnight! Finally I can stop mentioning this in every single movie thread on this board. I've been waiting far too long.

Anyway, is anyone else going tonight? The theater I'm going to has it on 7 screens and as of yesterday 5 were sold out. It's going to be one hell of an atmosphere outside that theater.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope - I'm waiting till next week or the week after, and seeing it on the local IMAX.

Yeah that's a good call. I'm going to a regular theater tonight at midnight, but only because the iMax shows here in Chicago are all sold out for the next two weeks!

Nope. I'll wait for to be released on DVD in November. :devil:

I dont think this movie would have gotten all this hype had Keith Ledger not killed himself.

It would have had all the hype (Its a superhero movie), but he wouldn't have been considered for an Oscar for his role as the Joker

It would have had all the hype (Its a superhero movie), but he wouldn't have been considered for an Oscar for his role as the Joker

They were hyping up his performance well before he died. Granted it was people who worked on the movie, but you don't generally hear that kind of stuff so far in advance. Posthumous nominations are so rare. He would've gotten the consideration regardless of his death, especially since he has already been nominated in the past.

They were hyping up his performance well before he died. Granted it was people who worked on the movie, but you don't generally hear that kind of stuff so far in advance. Posthumous nominations are so rare. He would've gotten the consideration regardless of his death, especially since he has already been nominated in the past.

I realise that they were hyping his performance prior to him dying, but I feel that it wouldn't have gone as far as it did with possible Oscar nomination talk if he hadn't died

I guess I will have to watch the first one, the girlfriend wants to go see this one soon

I guess I will have to watch the first one, the girlfriend wants to go see this one soon

I don't know where you sit on comic book movies, but its really not like any of the others. Begins was far more story driven than most. The whole thing was put together so well, its worth seeing.

I realise that they were hyping his performance prior to him dying, but I feel that it wouldn't have gone as far as it did with possible Oscar nomination talk if he hadn't died

Lucky you. I can't even get my wife NEAR a theater, even if a Brad Pitt movie is playing...

I don't know where you sit on comic book movies, but its really not like any of the others. Begins was far more story driven than most. The whole thing was put together so well, its worth seeing.

I'm not a comic book fan, but I enjoy watching the movies. I just never got around to seeing Begins, although everyone tells me its worth watching

Lucky you. I can't even get my wife NEAR a theater, even if a Brad Pitt movie is playing...

Lol, I know

She got me to go see the movie Wanted, I was up for seeing it, but could have waited til it came out on DVD, but she wanted to see it. The funny thing was, I enjoyed it, she didn't. I had to see a Brad pitt movie with here, but it was OK I wanted to see it too, It was Oceans 13 and she is a huge Oceans series fan.

On a side note, Last Saturday I got to see the Batmobile fromt the new movies up close. It was on display with the bat bike at a Radio Station Concert in Toronto (I went for the Co-Headliners, the re-united STP, and left before the other headliner Linkin Park went on). I thought it was just a promotional car that was just made to look like the movie one, but I found out later that it was real, they started it up and drove it out surrounded by cops. Its funny cause I mentioned to my brother that it could be street legal, it had some forward facing lights for headlights, and even windshield wipers

I wonder how Batman gets replacement ones? Does he walk into a local Napa and ask for replacements for a 2008 Batmobile?