Whats a good time to crank up the mower?

dpbillsfan

i usually say 9am, however my neighbor tends to be out there before 8am, which really doesnt bother me, because i am up and it isnt that disturbing, so this morning, i was out there around 8.15,of course neighbors were already out weedeating and everything, so no worries either way...before 8 is a bit inconsiderate if you ask me

Neighbor who lives behind me decides that 7:45 am this morning is a good time to fire up the lawn mower. :devil:

for my neighborhood, 9am on saturday is a good time. we live next to a church, so i don't mow on sunday mornings. 7am on weekdays. literally everyone in the neighborhood is out and about by 6:30am, so i'm not violating anyone's sleep time if i cut early.

therein is the key....if your neighbors are up and out doing the same, then its fair game, just be respectful for crying out loud

for my neighborhood, 9am on saturday is a good time. we live next to a church, so i don't mow on sunday mornings. 7am on weekdays. literally everyone in the neighborhood is out and about by 6:30am, so i'm not violating anyone's sleep time if i cut early.

Either an early (before 10 a.m.) or a later mowing (~ 2 hours before sunset) is best for the grass --- doesn't subject it to mid-day heat stress which will require more water to keep it healthy.

On weekends, as a courtesy, I don't mow before 9 a.m. Weekdays, 8 a.m.

my mower seems to be dead and it's a Guaranteed to Start Toro 22" Recycler...i just changed the oil and replaced the air filter. Everything seemed to be going great until I went slightly uphill and it just stopped. Now I can't get it started anymore...any ideas?

I did do one thing the manual said not to do; I tilted the lawnmower to pour out the old oil without emptying the gas tank...

my mower seems to be dead and it's a Guaranteed to Start Toro 22" Recycler...i just changed the oil and replaced the air filter. Everything seemed to be going great until I went slightly uphill and it just stopped. Now I can't get it started anymore...any ideas?

I did do one thing the manual said not to do; I tilted the lawnmower to pour out the old oil without emptying the gas tank...

Did you check/replace the spark plug?

"It ain't got no gas in it...mmhmm"

Check the spark plug. If it won't start after a spark plug replacement, your carburetor is probably flooded or clogged. Take it apart and try to clean it out.

Let's make it Midnight - and maybe a backfire or two - just for effect.

Some manufacturers do put head lights on their machines ....

Seems like a waste not to use them..

u day sleepers are a tough call, while we understand your "plight" u are clearly the minority in most places, and while we sympathize, not many can empathize, so we stick to our schedule, sorry :devil:;)

I go with the 9 am rule . I do work 3rd shift , so when I have to sleep during the day I hate to hear the sound of a mower .

Figured out why he was mowing so early. He was having a pool party this afternoon. So guess what I did about 30 minutes into it? Thats right, I fired up the mower, then the weed eater, edger, and ended with an extra long dose of the leaf blower right by the fence. :devil: I would even space out the different equipment just to rub it in. And my back yard didn't really need mowed.