Viti, vidi, Arrivederci

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, we're on the same page

Yeah, you're both jerks.

Lt. Viti is, by all accounts, a great guy. He will likely head to active duty now with our great Army. God bless him and his family.

Yeah, you're both jerks.

Lt. Viti is, by all accounts, a great guy. He will likely head to active duty now with our great Army. God bless him and his family.

You are correct & I agree whole heartedly.

I would also like a list of "all the people" who said he would be a starter.

Found it...

"Viti suffered an undisclosed injury to his left knee in late May in OTA’s (Offseason Training Activities) after some incidental contact along the sideline following a reception.

"Viti missed two weeks and didn’t see much action recently at Bills’ mini-camp...

"It isn’t good when knee injury and Viti are mentioned in the same sentence. He tore the ACL in his left knee as a senior in high school. Viti's right knee has no cartilage left."

Link

I'm guessing that this is the cause as well. Bad knees on a fullback spell trouble. He may have earned his way into training camp before this injury, but not a chance if he can't make it through OTAs.

Maybe if Viti was involved in a hit and run, or had some other criminal activity, he could have remained on the team.

I guess character doesn't matter to the Bills much anymore.

What a ridiculous statement to make. Really. Absolutely f#cking ridiculous.

Which word in this article is causing you the most difficulty? Which words don't you understand?

"Viti suffered an undisclosed injury to his left knee in late May in OTA’s (Offseason Training Activities) after some incidental contact along the sideline following a reception. Viti missed two weeks and didn’t see much action recently at Bills’ mini-camp...It isn’t good when knee injury and Viti are mentioned in the same sentence. He tore the ACL in his left knee as a senior in high school. Viti's right knee has no cartilage left."

So are you saying that Lynch would still be on the team even if he had two bad knees and couldn't play the game at the NFL level?

Or that we should keep guys of outstanding character, even though all they could possibly do is take up a roster spot but never play a down?

Which is it? :pirate:

:yeahthat:

There's nothing wrong with not being able to cut it as an NFL player. Not everyone can do it.

Maybe if Viti was involved in a hit and run, or had some other criminal activity, he could have remained on the team.

I guess character doesn't matter to the Bills much anymore.

Or, maybe, if he could play football at an NFL level and stay healthy. That might have done it too.

Following all the to-do made about this after the draft about him cheating the system or some-such... he got a chance to compete at a professional level and not be penalized from a sports career for choosing the academy, which is what the Army's program is intended to do for the rare number of times it happens. Unless he signs with another team (seems pretty unlikely), this probably means he'll be going to Iraq in the near future. I wish him the best and to come home safely.

I wish this guy the best of luck in the future. But to be honest if his injuries are as serious as they sound he will not see active duty in the desert. He may work in an office capacity but I can't see him pounding the mountain side.

Best Thread title of the year, Beerball.

I know a guy who yin-yanged his knee during a pick up baseball game during Reception Week in Basic Training. He never even got a pillowcase for his bunk. They sent him home and the rest of us did our tour. Not sure Viti will be slogging through the sand in Iraq with those knees.

I wish this guy the best of luck in the future. But to be honest if his injuries are as serious as they sound he will not see active duty in the desert. He may work in an office capacity but I can't see him pounding the mountain side.

There are vastly different qualifiers for injury affecting performance b/w the military and pro football.

If you're functional in the military, you go, and this is a man who's made it this far with a supposedly bad knee from high school. I thought I read that Viti practiced after the injury and/or that DJ expected him not to miss much time. We also don't know whether the cut was due to injury, performance, his fit in the offense, or a combination. Weird, considering how Studesville was all glow-y about his guys just this week.

Is there any chance that Viti asked to be released if his chances of making the team based on what coaches saw in OTAs weren't good, so he could rejoin his unit?

There are vastly different qualifiers for injury affecting performance b/w the military and pro football.

If you're functional in the military, you go, and this is a man who's made it this far with a supposedly bad knee. I thought I read that Viti practiced after the injury and/or that DJ expected him not to miss much time. We also don't know whether the cut was due to injury, performance, his fit in the offense, or a combination. Weird, considering how Studesville was all glow-y about his guys just this week.

I tried to join the Marines and Air Force out of high school. Neither would take me because I had a past knee surgery and could have been a liability in the field. I was told this twice form two different people.

There are probably exceptions to the rule. But he has a previous ACL injury cant see him being on the ground.

I tried to join the Marines and Air Force out of high school. Neither would take me because I had a past knee surgery and could have been a liability in the field. I was told this twice form two different people.

There are probably exceptions to the rule. But he has a previous ACL injury cant see him being on the ground.

I personally know a guy who broke an ankle during Ranger training (who said that almost the whole group had injuries of varying degree b/c they were dropped from too low a height during a helicopter jump. He's trying to get another go at the Rangers now, about 3 years later. If you were rejected by both, your physicals must've been unacceptable. Military can't be rejecting everyone who's ever had a knee injury, especially now. If you can perform, they'll take you.

I don't know what kind of consideration they'd make for Viti, too, b/c graduating from the academy, he is an officer. That's only if he was injured to some degree. From what I remember reading at the time, DJ said it wasn't serious.

I personally know a guy who broke an ankle during Ranger training (who said that almost the whole group had injuries of varying degree b/c they were dropped from too low a height during a helicopter jump. He's trying to get another go at the Rangers now, about 3 years later. If you were rejected by both, your physicals must've been unacceptable. Military can't be rejecting everyone who's ever had a knee injury, especially now. If you can perform, they'll take you.

I don't know what kind of consideration they'd make for Viti, too, b/c graduating from the academy, he is an officer. That's only if he was injured to some degree. From what I remember reading at the time, DJ said it wasn't serious.

His case may be different since he was already in and they actually have a lot invested in him. In Viti's case he is an Academy grad and I am sure they will find a suitable position for him.

I graduated in 99, there was no war going on and there wasn't a hard on to sign people up. I tore my ACL sophmore year and had surgery and was fine. They told me I was a liabilty at the time.

Special forces is very paticular because they trek through the harshest conditions for days at a time. If you have past injuries you could leave the rest of the team vulnerable and that in turn would exclude you. I just finished reading "Lone Survivor", unbelievable story about a Seal Team in Afghanistan. If you like military books, this is an unreal true story.

Tell your buddy thanks for his service and good luck.