"Wipeout" and "I Survived a Japanese Gameshow"

stevestojan

If you are looking for two shows that are good for nothing but brainless, pointless, thoughtless humor, these are the ones. Holy crap, don't look for any Emmys here, but some of the spills these people are taking... too funny.

Not for anyone looking for "quality TV".

If you are looking for two shows that are good for nothing but brainless, pointless, thoughtless humor, these are the ones. Holy crap, don't look for any Emmys here, but some of the spills these people are taking... too funny.

:D Read a book...even a bad, trashy one...it has to be better for you than that crap...there may be something to that Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog rumour! :rolleyes:

Wow. Shocking response. If only I had mentioned that it was for people looking for something brainless... oh wait. . .

Oh, I know....but really, the networks don't need any more encouragement to make crap like this. There are better mindless things to do...

Looks like from the commercials, the Japanese game show one ripped of MXC: Most Extreme Elimination Challenge.

Vic Romano, Kenny Blankenship, Captain Tennile and Guy La Douche should sue. :D

Looks like from the commercials, the Japanese game show one ripped of MXC: Most Extreme Elimination Challenge.

Vic Romano, Kenny Blankenship, Captain Tennile and Guy La Douche should sue. :D

LOL I watched 5 in a row of those yesterday on the DVR. Maybe I really should read more books.

So, you will be watching ? DVR maybe - for the highlights ?

So, we don't have a TV in our apartment, but last night my downstairs neighbors asked us to hang out in their place so they could go out to dinner (they have a 1.5 year old). I thought, cool, we could watch TV like other people do on a tuesday night....

We came across the japanese game show...it was on for 10 minutes and there was absolutely nothing to do with a game show. There were a couple of people learning to drive a rickshaw, and a _lot_ of stupid reality TV interviews with the "contestants". Eventually we just had to watch reruns of law & order.

Please people, do yourselves a favor, get rid of your TV...I promise you won't miss it. I wanted to claw my eyes out after seeing how horrible that show was....I don't even think the networks try anymore, they just say "is it a reality show? here is $1 billion! Go make it!" Support your local bar for sporting events, and read a book or listen to the radio.

So, we don't have a TV in our apartment, but last night my downstairs neighbors asked us to hang out in their place so they could go out to dinner (they have a 1.5 year old). I thought, cool, we could watch TV like other people do on a tuesday night....

We came across the japanese game show...it was on for 10 minutes and there was absolutely nothing to do with a game show. There were a couple of people learning to drive a rickshaw, and a _lot_ of stupid reality TV interviews with the "contestants". Eventually we just had to watch reruns of law & order.

Please people, do yourselves a favor, get rid of your TV...I promise you won't miss it. I wanted to claw my eyes out after seeing how horrible that show was....I don't even think the networks try anymore, they just say "is it a reality show? here is $1 billion! Go make it!" Support your local bar for sporting events, and read a book or listen to the radio.

Network tv during the summer = crap

Really?

You want a good show to watch like this, watch Ninja Warrior on G4TV. Real athletes, big wipeouts, not just dolts getting tossed around.

Dolts getting tossed around was what intrigued me. I stayed for the dolts getting tossed around.

Dolts getting tossed around was what intrigued me. I stayed for the dolts getting tossed around.

LOL. I'm with ya. I thought Wipeout was pretty funny. Brainless, and I loved it. Stupid people doing totally stupid schitt.

My guess is that most of you who choose to rip on us who liked this show, don't do anything important or challenging during the day, because this is exactly the kind of mindless drivel I needed to get away from real life for an hour.

I thought it was hilarious and utterly stupid in spots.

I'd rather watch Banzai. That Jap import show where you bet on what stupid thing would happen next. Anyone remember it?

PTR

I've personally never seen it, but if they threw in some kind of online betting for Wipeout, I'd be in heaven. Wait, no, they need cheerleaders too......or wait, they had a stripper competing last night, so I'm good. lol

Vic Romano, Kenny Blankenship, Captain Tennile and Guy La Douche should sue. :thumbsup:

I'm sure I've seen some of those episodes multiple times, but I'm always catching something different from their comments each time. I would've loved to sit in on one of the production meetings where they came up with all that stuff.