Weaknesses:

Lack of a definitive starter at QB

Lack of quality depth at DE and DT

Lack of quality and depth at WR

No threat at TE

Lack of depth on the offensive line- particularly center

A lot of young defensive backs

OK now to evaluate:

Quarterbacks- now lets admit something- we are so split on this issue because we are going on potential. Neither guy has fully emerged yet, and we are going mostly on speculation.

Defensive line- We have Schobel and a bunch of guys at DE. After we get past Stroud, McCargo and Spencer at DT we have Williams! You need four quality DT's at least

Offensive line- left tackle is the toughest position to find, but center is the foundation. If that foundation collapses so does your line. No depth here.

Wide Receiver- Lee Evans. Reed is a viable slot guy and losing Price hurts depth-wise despite the fact that he was far from great. Parrish has great physical attributes, but doesn't bother to use them- if he had any desire to start learning how to run routes, he could be pretty good. I don't see that happening. I am just hoping for a contribution from hardy as a rookie. This is still a position of weakness

Secondary- Starters are solid, but we are very young behind that

Linebackers- strongest unit on the team aside from specials

Strengths:

Depth at quarterback

Depth at defensive end and tackle

decent secondary

Weaknesses:

So our strengths are actually our weaknesses. That is some deep thinking...

weakness: spelling?

Sorry, couldn't resist!

It is way too early to tell what our strengths and weaknesses are. A lot of our potential strengths on defense depend on how effective Marcus Stroud is. On offense, a lot depends on Trent Edwards progress. I am optimistic that both will come through for us.

So our strengths are actually our weaknesses. That is some deep thinking...

Yes young jedi. Seriously- we have depth at some positions, which is fine in case of injury. BUT, at many positons there will be competition because nobody is good enough to be a clear cut #1, meaning we have some weakness as well

Strengths:

Continuity on the offensive line

Possibly the best left tackle in football

Depth at defensive end and tackle

Depth at running back

Depth at quarterback

Accurate kicker

Strong return game

Strong special teams coverage unit

depth and quality at linebacker

decent secondary

Weaknesses:

Lack of quality and depth at WR

No threat at TE

Lack of depth on the offensive line- particularly center

OK now to evaluate:

Quarterbacks- now lets admit something- we are so split on this issue because we are going on potential. Neither guy has fully emerged yet, and we are going mostly on speculation.

Defensive line- We have Schobel and a bunch of guys at DE. After we get past Stroud, McCargo and Spencer at DT we have Williams! You need four quality DT's at least

Offensive line- left tackle is the toughest position to find, but center is the foundation. If that foundation collapses so does your line. No depth here.

Wide Receiver- Lee Evans. Reed is a viable slot guy and losing Price hurts depth-wise despite the fact that he was far from great. Parrish has great physical attributes, but doesn't bother to use them- if he had any desire to start learning how to run routes, he could be pretty good. I don't see that happening. I am just hoping for a contribution from hardy as a rookie. This is still a position of weakness

Secondary- Starters are solid, but we are very young behind that

Linebackers- strongest unit on the team aside from specials

I think that you pretty much have it right here. I would argue that we do have a definitive starter at QB going into the season, as the team has clearly stated numerous times that TE is the starter. Yet, I do agree with your statement that neither JP or TE has fully emerged to their full potential. I think JP has lost the chance, but if TE is terrible, he could get another shot. I think that DE is the weakest link on D, and I hope that Ellis can really come in and do well as a rookie, otherwise, I expect about 8 more sacks between the four rotational guys and that is all. Considering how low their total was last year, I expect this to be a moderate and attainable increase due to Stroud's influence. Otherwise, I think you have it about right.

Our offensive coordinator situation may not be a weakness, but in my mind it's a definite question mark. Most likely Schonert is an upgrade in comparison to Fairchild, but really that's not saying much.

Asking a rookie signal caller who (to my knowledge) has never called plays under fire, to go against experienced D coordinators is something that bears watching going into this season.

We have a definitive starter at quarterback. There is no question Trent is the starter. The question is whether Jauron will buckle if he starts 0-3. If he does, you'll have to add one more item to your Weaknesses list.

Hey guys whats up? Well I just wan't to say that if our tackles play well and our offensive line

plays well, then we will be fine. Our trenches are finally good enough compete and they will give our young defense and young offense a chance to progress.

I am still not sold on TE, but JP really hurt me when he bombed against the PATS last year.

We have a definitive starter at quarterback. There is no question Trent is the starter. The question is whether Jauron will buckle if he starts 0-3. If he does, you'll have to add one more item to your Weaknesses list.

In my opinion Trent Edwards could flop the whole year and the bills would stick with him.....they believe in him that much.

I am not saying that he will.....just that I dont think we are going to see the flip flop any more.....they dont believe Losman is a starter.

Hey guys whats up? Well I just wan't to say that if our tackles play well and our offensive line

plays well, then we will be fine. Our trenches are finally good enough compete and they will give our young defense and young offense a chance to progress.

I am still not sold on TE, but JP really hurt me when he bombed against the PATS last year.

Almost every QB bombed against them last season. I am glad Edwards got spared that

Welcome to TBD. I agree on our lines, but I wish they were deeper. Perhaps a heathy Poz playing behind the DL will help. I saw him in the opener at RWS last year, and view him as a potential playmaker/impact player. Mitchell might make a difference as well.

A word of caution....if you speak out in any way against JP, you will be scolded and taken to task. Excuses go over much better.

Persepective is funny.. everything you list I see as a strength. I really think there is a lot of depth at DT and DE and WR, and we do have a defined start at QB. Honestly the only weekness I see is "They haven't actually done anything". On paper this is a great team. Paper is meaningless though. They have to go out and do it. We will see.

Persepective is funny.. everything you list I see as a strength. I really think there is a lot of depth at DT and DE and WR, and we do have a defined start at QB. Honestly the only weekness I see is "They haven't actually done anything". On paper this is a great team. Paper is meaningless though. They have to go out and do it. We will see.

There is depth at DT, but once you get past Stroud, McCargo, Johnson is isn't very good. At DE, Schobel is a good player, but everyone else is average at best (if that).

Neither Edwards nor JP Losman is an established QB that has shown consistent performance yet.

There is depth at DT, but once you get past Stroud, McCargo, Johnson is isn't very good. At DE, Schobel is a good player, but everyone else is average at best (if that).

Neither Edwards nor JP Losman is an established QB that has shown consistent performance yet.

Having 3 above average DTs and 1 average DT isn't very good depth? :D

You need to be able to put two very good-excellent DT's in there at any given time and keep them fresh. I think we have 3. I like Houston's depth, and I think they are a wildcard contender

Almost every QB bombed against them last season. I am glad Edwards got spared that

Edwards played every series but the first one against the Pats in the first game last season. The Bills lost 38-7.

I want Edwards to succeed, but let's not rewrite history.

It will be interesting to see how our average DE's look now that we have improved the middle......

Edwards played every series but the first one against the Pats in the first game last season. The Bills lost 38-7.

I want Edwards to succeed, but let's not rewrite history.

It doesn't bother me that Edwards struggled as a rookie......the last super bowl winning QB played like @hit his rookie season.

We just have to make sure we surround him with playmakers......he as the running game check......offensive line....check....reiceivers....to be continued till Hardy shows himself to be a monster.

Yeah but having 3 average DT's increases our chances of one becoming an elite,

Rather than having 3 Tim "Lumberjack" Anderson's who will never become elites.

Additionally, our DT's will be fresh this year with the rotation that is being implemented.