What are you most excited about?

scribo

I am excited to see what our tightends are able to do this year. The video clip of Derik Schouman on the Bills website is very hopeful. Just pads , but he looks great catching everything. Our other Derik has set lots of college records and could also be a TE that is a gamer. Lets hope they both excel. Two pass catching TE's that also block well, wow. Here's hoping they develope quickly into our version of Dallas Clark and Chris Cooley on the same team.....would that be trouble for some OLD LB's up in NE.

I am excited that I think our Defense is going to be good enough to win even when our offense has a bad day......

I REALLY like the possibilities of this defense with Stroud on board........he will command attention allowing McCargo and company to make plays.....and since we actually have a presense in the middle this will make our DE's look better

Lets not forget about our LB core who has a Super Bowl winning Linebacker, a playmaker in Angelo Crowell, and Poz.......who in my opinion would have won defensive rookie of the year had he stayed healthy

Behind them is a DEEP stable of corners......and the safety duo back together again

That may be true when facing the bad teams that they play, but the Bills will have to score some points against the good teams they face. A good defensive game against the AFCs best will be holding a team to 20 points. That means the Bills offense can't have a "conservative" approach or an "off day" so to speak.

There's absolutely nothing to get exciting about while we have a Dick Jauron coached team. I was excited last year and was severely disappointed when he said they were going to open things up only to watch the most conservative, boring, inept and painfully predictable offense I've ever seen in my life as a Bills fan. Perhaps Marshawn Lynch can have more than 18 measly receptions this year. Sorry, but this is the "show me, don't tell me" year.

I petition the mods to change this joker's screen name to "1patheticbillsfan" -- you don't have to be a homer to understand this is a thread about any positive feelings we have about the upcoming season.

You want to piss in the cornflakes? Keep your spray in your own bowl.

I petition the mods to change this joker's screen name to "1patheticbillsfan" -- you don't have to be a homer to understand this is a thread about any positive feelings we have about the upcoming season.

Well said. If you can't get exicted about your favorite team in June, when can you? He must be a blast to watch games with: "they're gonna blow it," "Losman should be in there," "Jauron sucks" "I posted that they suck on Two Bills Drive." :thumbsup: Yet, he has almost 4,000 posts here. Weird.

Okay, it's official. After reading the NFL.com article today about Poz, I'm most excited about watching this guy lead the Bills' defense.

Just found it and read it, and that article definitely got me jacked about the Bills season. This D coul;d be something great with him, whitner, stroud, schobel, McCargo on the rise, crowell, mitchell, McKelvin, McGee, McGreer.

Your absolutely right eball. I probably should have stayed out of this "happy happy, joy joy" Bills thread. This is the first year I don't have an excited feeling and it's because Jauron sapped all my excitement away in 2007 with the way he coached our team. Until I actually SEE the Buffalo Bills try to take it to an opposing team and not play back on their heels hoping and praying the other team makes enough mistakes for the Bills to win, I will be a very disgruntled fan. You probably won't believe this, but being a downer is not even part of my personality. I'm a very optimistic kind of guy who was very angered by the approach the team took last year. I'm sorry but I need to see a 180 degree different philosophy from the head coach before I become a excited believer again. I do like our players though, that's a positive!

Your absolutely right eball. I probably should have stayed out of this "happy happy, joy joy" Bills thread. This is the first year I don't have an excited feeling and it's because Jauron sapped all my excitement away in 2007 with the way he coached our team. Until I actually SEE the Buffalo Bills try to take it to an opposing team and not play back on their heels hoping and praying the other team makes enough mistakes for the Bills to win, I will be a very disgruntled fan. You probably won't believe this, but being a downer is not even part of my personality. I'm a very optimistic kind of guy who was very angered by the approach the team took last year. I'm sorry but I need to see a 180 degree different philosophy from the head coach before I become a excited believer again. I do like our players though, that's a positive!

Thanks for responding, but you're right -- you should have stayed out of this particular thread. God knows there are a gazillion other threads you can contribute to if you're disappointed or discouraged. Let there be at least one place on this board where optimists can gather without having to be pummeled into submission by the "realists" among us.

Thanks for responding, but you're right -- you should have stayed out of this particular thread. God knows there are a gazillion other threads you can contribute to if you're disappointed or discouraged. Let there be at least one place on this board where optimists can gather without having to be pummeled into submission by the "realists" among us.

Hey, I'm one of the most optimistic fans on this board eball. I still believe in freakin JP Losman.

Hey, I'm one of the most optimistic fans on this board eball. I still believe in freakin JP Losman.

Yeah, we all know you still believe in Losman. You are pretty good at repeating yourself over and over again until everyone knows what you think. Really, I think you should be in danger of getting the boot for being a campaigner, beating one or two themes to death in just about every post. That gets real tiring and only turns other posters off, causing to not read your stuff any more.

In the just the past couple of days you posted:

Jauron sapped all my excitement away in 2007 with the way he coached our team.

...six of seven season loser NFL head coach...

There's absolutely nothing to get exciting about while we have a Dick Jauron coached team.

...my blame falls squarely on the coaching...

I think Jaroun's full of crap.

...2007 proved Dick Jauron is not head coaching material.

...that was mainly the result of a fearful coach and his trusty noodle-brained side kick Little Stevie Fairchild...

And a quote you made up on DJ's behalf:

"F' you stupid fans. Though I may be the owner of only one winning season out of eight as an NFL head coach you fans have no f'n idea of what a genius coaching job I've been doing since I've arrived here in this crap town. You're all, with the exception of Adam and Mr. Wilson, too stupid to realize how great our team is gonna be in 2011! What a bunch of impatient morons. You don't even deserve the right to listen to me."

OK, we all get it. You blam DJ for the Bills' struggles. OK. What else do you believe? Well, we know you favor Losman over Edwards. You made that clear, too, over and over again. But to be fair on that point, most of your campaigning on (the past couple of days, at least) took place in threads about Edwards or Losman.

But as a few pointed out here, this thread is about what us "fans" are excited about. You clearly are not excited about the Bills, so you went off topic and threw yet more crap at the head coach.

Now, as far as coaching goes, I am quite excited about all three of our coordinators; as I am looking forward to seeing what TUrk has up his sleeve, I think Fewell has all the tools to play as wide open as he wants, and I think he wants to earn a head coaching job somewhere, so he will work his arse off this year. And Bobby April is just great, and I cannot wait to see what he is going to do with all the young blood and the trio of returners.

Yeah, we all know you still believe in Losman. You are pretty good at repeating yourself over and over again until everyone knows what you think. Really, I think you should be in danger of getting the boot for being a campaigner, beating one or two themes to death in just about every post. That gets real tiring and only turns other posters off, causing to not read your stuff any more.

In the just the past couple of days you posted:

And a quote you made up on DJ's behalf:

OK, we all get it. You blam DJ for the Bills' struggles. OK. What else do you believe? Well, we know you favor Losman over Edwards. You made that clear, too, over and over again. But to be fair on that point, most of your campaigning on (the past couple of days, at least) took place in threads about Edwards or Losman.

But as a few pointed out here, this thread is about what us "fans" are excited about. You clearly are not excited about the Bills, so you went off topic and threw yet more crap at the head coach.

Now, as far as coaching goes, I am quite excited about all three of our coordinators; as I am looking forward to seeing what TUrk has up his sleeve, I think Fewell has all the tools to play as wide open as he wants, and I think he wants to earn a head coaching job somewhere, so he will work his arse off this year. And Bobby April is just great, and I cannot wait to see what he is going to do with all the young blood and the trio of returners.

The funny thing is that you have absolutely no problem with a guy like Bill from NYC who forced a thread about Edwards' arm strength into a "I hate JP Losman" bash-fest for no reason. Where is the outrage for that? Oh that's right, it's ok as long as it's him. Sorry, I forgot. So coming to the defense Losman is now grounds for being booted? That thread was about Edwards, I WAS discussing Edwards and what he needs to do to fix his less than perfect game. Get off you f'n high horse and stop with the double standard. If TSW does go the route of only supporting one side like NBCs political coverage then this will be one very very sad place.

Dick Jauron does suck and I'm only trying to wake some people up around here. He pissed me off like no head coach has ever had. Watching that team play so timidly mad me sick. If they want to boot me for expressing this opinion then so be it.

The funny thing is that you have absolutely no problem with a guy like Bill from NYC who forced a thread about Edwards' arm strength into a "I hate JP Losman" bash-fest for no reason. Where is the outrage for that? Oh that's right, it's ok as long as it's him. Sorry, I forgot. So coming to the defense Losman is now grounds for being booted? That thread was about Edwards, I WAS discussing Edwards and what he needs to do to fix his less than perfect game. Get off you f'n high horse and stop with the double standard. If TSW does go the route of only supporting one side like NBCs political coverage then this will be one very very sad place.

Dick Jauron does suck and I'm only trying to wake some people up around here. He pissed me off like no head coach has ever had. Watching that team play so timidly mad me sick. If they want to boot me for expressing this opinion then so be it.

Have you ever thought of putting yourself in Jauron's shows for a moment? Ever asked yourself WHY he played it more convservatively last year? Especially on the defensive side of the ball? Especially early in the season? Ever wonder how that MAY have impacted his desicions on offense?

For what it's worth I don't think you should be removed from the board simply for having strong opinions that may differ from those of others around here. Keeps it interesting.

GO BILLS!!!

Have you ever thought of putting yourself in Jauron's shows for a moment? Ever asked yourself WHY he played it more convservatively last year? Especially on the defensive side of the ball? Especially early in the season? Ever wonder how that MAY have impacted his desicions on offense?

For what it's worth I don't think you should be removed from the board simply for having strong opinions that may differ from those of others around here. Keeps it interesting.

GO BILLS!!!

Thanks for supporting opposing views. I've always felt that a board is much livelier when there are heated debates.

I thought the defensive replacements played very good so I never really bought into the philosophy that he was just trying to shorten the games for that reason alone. I just think his ultra-conservatism is in his DNA which goes against the grain of how to be successful in present day NFL football. I've always said I hope he changes his tune in 2008.

As I stated, I don't really have a problem with your posts about Losman, as (both you and I pointed out) they were in the appropriate threads. As for Bill in NYC, I didn't start or even participate in that thread.

Really, I don't have any problem with any of your posts individually. It is your collective body of work that has me thinking you are a campainger, someone who gets one or two thoughts in his head and brings those ideas to just about every post, regardless of what the threads in which he is posting are about.

I don't need you to "wake me up." I am open to reading other opinions. That is why I am here, of course, but it is a waste of time to read the same person's same opinion over and over again all over the place.

As for kicking you off TBD, I don't have anything to do with that. But I have been around here long enough to know the mods are pretty good about getting rid of those who aren't behaving in a manner that is contusive to good discussions about our beloved Buffalo Bills -- their good points and bad points. You seem to be someone who knows something about football, follows the Bills and can put sentences together, so I think you could be a good contributor here -- if you can stop with the theme posting.

As I stated, I don't really have a problem with your posts about Losman, as (both you and I pointed out) they were in the appropriate threads. As for Bill in NYC, I didn't start or even participate in that thread.

Really, I don't have any problem with any of your posts individually. It is your collective body of work that has me thinking you are a campainger, someone who gets one or two thoughts in his head and brings those ideas to just about every post, regardless of what the threads in which he is posting are about.

I don't need you to "wake me up." I am open to reading other opinions. That is why I am here, of course, but it is a waste of time to read the same person's same opinion over and over again all over the place.

As for kicking you off TBD, I don't have anything to do with that. But I have been around here long enough to know the mods are pretty good about getting rid of those who aren't behaving in a manner that is contusive to good discussions about our beloved Buffalo Bills -- their good points and bad points. You seem to be someone who knows something about football, follows the Bills and can put sentences together, so I think you could be a good contributor here -- if you can stop with the theme posting.

Unfortunately it's the offseason and what we are left with is feelings about what the major players will do. QB and head coach are big topics of which I find hard not to add my two cents to when they are being discussed and I have a disagreement. There will be plenty of other things to talk about once the training begins. I am excited to see Poz, if Whitner can reach a higher level of play and if Schobel can become a force with Stroud here.

... I am excited to see Poz, if Whitner can reach a higher level of play and if Schobel can earn become a force with Stroud here.

Me, too, especially the Schobel/Stroud point. There is a lot of money in those two guys, and a lot of this year's success hinges on them coming through. Schobel hasn't had the luxury of having a real quality big guy inside in quite a while. Stroud, if healthy, is good and big enough that offenses have to put two lineman on him most downs and the fullback has to account for him on every passing play. If that fullback has to step up to try to cut Stroud, Schobel should be coming around the flank to swipe the ball out of Brady's hands.

Seriously, what's the point of this? To say after the season that you were right? Why can't fans be excited for their upcoming season in June? I have no problem with opposite views (I love the QB debates because people are arguing about 2 average to below QBs at this point in their careers) but why keep trashing DJ? What purpose does it serve?

And serious question. If I told you before last season that: Kevin Everett would be nearly paralyzed; Trent Edwards would get the majority of snaps; Fred Jackson would have to start 3 games; Peerless Price would miss 10+ games; our top 2 reserve DEs would miss big parts of the season; our 2nd round pick MLB would miss 13 games; and guys like the Pizza Man, George Wilson, Jabari Greer, and Jim Leonhard would get major playing time, what would you predict the Bills record to be? I think if you answered the question honestly, you'd realize how great of a job Jauron did. But please keep trying to make Bills' fans hate their head coach. :wallbash:

Seriously, what's the point of this? To say after the season that you were right? Why can't fans be excited for their upcoming season in June? I have no problem with opposite views (I love the QB debates because people are arguing about 2 average to below QBs at this point in their careers) but why keep trashing DJ? What purpose does it serve?

And serious question. If I told you before last season that: Kevin Everett would be nearly paralyzed; Trent Edwards would get the majority of snaps; Fred Jackson would have to start 3 games; Peerless Price would miss 10+ games; our top 2 reserve DEs would miss big parts of the season; our 2nd round pick MLB would miss 13 games; and guys like the Pizza Man, George Wilson, Jabari Greer, and Jim Leonhard would get major playing time, what would you predict the Bills record to be? I think if you answered the question honestly, you'd realize how great of a job Jauron did. But please keep trying to make Bills' fans hate their head coach. :wallbash:

My point is to debate the fans who like to roll out the Jauron excuse train that you ended up listing. My point is to hold accountable a head coach who I thought did not dare his players to be great. He instead told them to let the other team make the mistake, that they're not good enough to try to grab touchdown catches inside the endzone, that they're not good enough to risk 1st and 2nd down pass attempts. I am surprised at how many here are so pleased with a guy that I feel is one of the worst coaches this franchise has ever had. Is he a good guy? Sure he is, but he lacks the intestinal fortitude is takes to let his players play and then see where the chips end up falling. I'm not trying to get fans to hate the man, just to hopefully shine a light brightly enough so that we can all go into the 2008 season with our eyes wide open looking for a real change of approach.

As for his record, I've stated it many times and I'll do it once more. Dick Jauron's style is to get his team to the promised land. What is his promised land? A .500 record or there abouts. He does not coach like a guy that is looking to make a mark. His style is so conservative that it will net you at least five games from the bad teams who are actually trying to win the game and end up making one of those bad mistakes. The other two are easy enough to come by because of the parity in the league. Look around, there's not that many teams in the league that are very good. So of course the Bills were going to get their seven wins. That was a given and I see no reason to throw roses at his feet for that. What did his team do against the actual good teams? They got blown out the stadium door most of the time. Again not a good sign for a head coach of Dick's tenure. I see no adjustments, I see no creativity. Is that serious enough for you? I hope he either changes his ways or I hope he's gone.

And serious question. If I told you before last season that: Kevin Everett would be nearly paralyzed; Trent Edwards would get the majority of snaps; Fred Jackson would have to start 3 games; Peerless Price would miss 10+ games; our top 2 reserve DEs would miss big parts of the season; our 2nd round pick MLB would miss 13 games; and guys like the Pizza Man, George Wilson, Jabari Greer, and Jim Leonhard would get major playing time, what would you predict the Bills record to be? I think if you answered the question honestly, you'd realize how great of a job Jauron did. But please keep trying to make Bills' fans hate their head coach. :rolleyes:

You don't really think the Bills would have won more games had Everett not been injured do you?