So can we beat Baltimore?

Rudyc80

I think we can....without Lewis they suck and might be worse on offense than Miami so Im thinking as long as Drew doesnt give them 14....we could easily steal one!

Also Milloy and Vincent could play so thats huge right there...if our defense can hold them to 10 or fewer points...i know we win this game. Boller willl give us at least 3 points but probaly 7!

Schobel will get a chance vs Ogden...good test!

Anyone else think we win this game?

I don't see Vincent as any huge upgrade at this point.  He looks a step slow at CB.  Maybe it's time to move him to FS.  I am happy that Milloy will return though.

74074[/snapback]

yeah if milloy comese back our defense will return to its usual dominant self. i'm sick of this mediocre crap, i want our d to own teams

This game is really quite simple. I we don't turn the ball over and take fewer than 6 sacks, we win the game. I have my doubts about that happening though. Zero turnovers the last two weeks with this offense really scares me. But if Bledsoe plays safe&smart like he did yesterday, we have a good chance.

You know Schobel will get owned by Ogden, but we'll see what the rest of the defense is all about. If they want to be considered a great defense they have to dominate a game and win it singlehandily like they did the last time they went to B'more in '99.

I see the Ravens game being very much like the Dolphin game, for the following reasons:

Both the Raven and Dolphin D's are built on their linebackers.

Neither team has spectacular ends or secondary.

Both are without their star RBs;

Both have average at best QB's, and

Both have average WR's.

I think a similarly executed game plan could give us a win against the Ravens.

I think we can....without Lewis they suck and might be worse on offense than Miami so Im thinking as long as Drew doesnt give them 14....we could easily steal one!

Also Milloy and Vincent could play so thats huge right there...if our defense can hold them to 10 or fewer points...i know we win this game. Boller willl give us at least 3 points but probaly 7!

74066[/snapback]

It's a road game, what do you think?

I see the Ravens game being very much like the Dolphin game, for the following reasons:

Both the Raven and Dolphin D's are built on their linebackers.

Neither team has spectacular ends or secondary.

Both are without their star RBs;

Both have average at best QB's, and

Both have average WR's.

I think a similarly executed game plan could give us a win against the Ravens.

74428[/snapback]

Baltimore's secondary is one of the best in the league imo. i think the absense of jl is the only reason why we can hang with this team.

...as mentioned Sunday, I believe the Nevermores are beatable this week.  Boller is a young man's Bledsoe.  Gotta keep Todd Heaps in check, he's a very good TE.  And keep the other Lewis felon (the guy on D who wears #52) from tattooing Bledsoe.

74433[/snapback]

is todd heap healthy now?

I wouldn't say 'dominant', rtconner.  Not until we have a pass rush that takes the pressure off the coverage guys and helps to force more turnovers, that is.

74090[/snapback]

I agree...

To me its hard to calla defense dominant when they have had a hard time closing out 2 games (JAX and at the Jets) when they had the chance.

Also, anyone else notice that we give up a LOT on 3rd down...or is it just me? 3rd and 8, even 3rd and 27...our ranking there has to be low.

Todd Heap is out for the ravens, as is JL for is coke deals. I do not see this team being very good on the offensive side of the ball, except their line which is pretty damn good. A couple weeks ago the Chiefs (a horrible D) took it to them with JL in the lineup. A couple of thoughts that I see as key to a win.

1. run with Willis

2. keep the penalties down on the road

3. convert on 3rd down

4. keep running Moulds on the underneath routes, he was sooo open yesterday when they took him short

5. D needs to play sharper than yesterday, shut down the run in the first half

I agree...

To me its hard to calla  defense dominant when they have had a hard time closing out 2 games (JAX and at the Jets) when they had the chance.

Also, anyone else notice that we give up a LOT on 3rd down...or is it just me?  3rd and 8, even 3rd and 27...our ranking there has to be low.

74444[/snapback]

Yes we do give up alot on 3rd downs but we have yet to have our starting secondary out there all season....This week Vincent should be back with Mcgee back to nickel back and hopefully Milloy gets into this game also....

We have a real shot this week....The OL will have to play BIG...like they did this week....

Dont turnover the ball, keep the penalties down....

Win the field position battle, stuff there run game and make Boller beat us....

Keep the Baltimore D on the field, pound dem with both Henry/Mcgahee, then let the Bledsoe bombs fall all over Baltimore's Defense....

We win...

Bills 23 Ravens 10

If i have to be honest with myself, i would have to say no. thier defense is too strong. I have visions of ray lewis making us look like a pop warner league. i hope it doesn't happen, but that is what i see happening.

74066[/snapback]

No. The Ravens defense is going to eat the Bills alive. The bottom line is: the Ravens have the players to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, and a defense that's both solid AND capable of making big plays (e.g. TDs on interception returns). The only real chance the Bills have is for the Ravens to do something egregiously stupid like rely on Boller to win it through the air.

74066[/snapback]

I don't know...what, now 1-12 in last road games or something like that. I'm nots o sure.

Yes we do give up alot on 3rd downs but we have yet to have our starting secondary out there all season....This week Vincent should be back with Mcgee back to nickel back and hopefully Milloy gets into this game also....

We have a real shot this week....The OL will have to play BIG...like they did this week....

Dont turnover the ball, keep the penalties down....

Win the field position battle, stuff there run game and make Boller beat us....

Keep the Baltimore D on the field, pound dem with both Henry/Mcgahee, then let the Bledsoe bombs fall all over Baltimore's Defense....

We win...

Bills 23  Ravens 10

74508[/snapback]

Vincent has not looked so hot all year. He looks like someone who should be moved to FS. Milloy is much better at SS than Wire, but he's not that great in coverage (remember the Kansas City game last year?). Now, in run support, he's very good.

No.  The Ravens defense is going to eat the Bills alive.  The bottom line is: the Ravens have the players to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, and a defense that's both solid AND capable of making big plays (e.g. TDs on interception returns).  The only real chance the Bills have is for the Ravens to do something egregiously stupid like rely on Boller to win it through the air.

74590[/snapback]

Well, J. Lewis is out and the Bills do have a pretty good run defense. In each Buffalo loss, you can point to one or two big throws made by the opposing QB that contributed to the loss. Can Boller make similar plays without making mistakes?

No joke, a big key to this game is the Bills keeping the Ravens defense off the board.

The good news is that Mularkey has experience gameplanning against the Ravens, so he knows their defense pretty well.

Well, to counter what I see how Bal. tends to use Suggs, I'd use an I-back formation now and then with Henry and Josh Reed or WMG and trap them until their ears bleed. If your rb gets sprung off a successful trap - say hello to 10 or more yards. And have DB execute an occasional quick left or right pass to a WR who comes back from the LOS. Now, you probably will get no yards or even a loss by doing that, but it will definitly screw with the mind of the defensive player who shouts out the on-field adjustments. The object is to put same into a state of indecision...

Well, J. Lewis is out and the Bills do have a pretty good run defense.  In each Buffalo loss, you can point to one or two big throws made by the opposing QB that contributed to the loss.  Can Boller make similar plays without making mistakes?

No joke, a big key to this game is the Bills keeping the Ravens defense off the board.

The good news is that Mularkey has experience gameplanning against the Ravens, so he knows their defense pretty well.

74630[/snapback]

Yeah, Jamal Lewis is out...but you're talking to someone that believes good RBs are in part made by the offensive line. And either way, the Ravens all but HAVE to pound the ball, since they have little else (Boller might be a good QB, in the right scheme with the right receivers. And I might be able to fly if I had wings.)

But I don't think the Ravens need to rely on big plays in the passing game, even if the Bills are vulnerable to them. The Ravens defense is, quite simply, fierce. Solid all around, and precisely the "come at you from all sides" kind of rush that would give the Bills o-line fits. Only real way I see the Bills winning this is by going up two scores early and forcing the Ravens to try to score...basically try to make it a Bledsoe vs. Boller shootout, which isn't very likely, given the Ravens' D and the relative impotence of the Bills offensive line to date. Most likely result of that is it gets Bledsoe killed. I think the Bills will keep it close, just because the Ravens can't score, either...probably another frustrating 13-10 loss.

Yeah, Jamal Lewis is out...but you're talking to someone that believes good RBs are in part made by the offensive line.  And either way, the Ravens all but HAVE to pound the ball, since they have little else (Boller might be a good QB, in the right scheme with the right receivers.  And I might be able to fly if I had wings.) 

But I don't think the Ravens need to rely on big plays in the passing game, even if the Bills are vulnerable to them.  The Ravens defense is, quite simply, fierce.  Solid all around, and precisely the "come at you from all sides" kind of rush that would give the Bills o-line fits.  Only real way I see the Bills winning this is by going up two scores early and forcing the Ravens to try to score...basically try to make it a Bledsoe vs. Boller shootout, which isn't very likely, given the Ravens' D and the relative impotence of the Bills offensive line to date.  Most likely result of that is it gets Bledsoe killed.  I think the Bills will keep it close, just because the Ravens can't score, either...probably another frustrating 13-10 loss.

74680[/snapback]

At the same time the Bills has shown itself to be good enough to contain most good running backs, many of whom run behind good offensive lines.

And the Ravens Oline has had some problems this year to cast doubt on whether Chester Taylor and Musa Smith will be able to dominate the Bills defense.

I still think Boller is going to have to make plays, and knowing Billick, he'll turn him loose. The Bills need to capitalize on those situations.

And no doubt Baltimore's defense holds the game in their hands. How the Bills attack and counter the Ravens defense will determine the outcome of the game.

That's why I believe Mularkey and Clemments, who have gameplanned against the Ravens D twice a year over the last few seasons, will be key to this game.

Vincent has not looked so hot all year.  He looks like someone who should be moved to FS.  Milloy is much better at SS than Wire, but he's not that great in coverage (remember the Kansas City game last year?).  Now, in run support, he's very good.

74598[/snapback]

IDK...I dont think Vincent is the same cover corner he was 2-3 year ago but he is still a top CB in this league....In the 2 full games he played he didnt get beat at all....and did extremely well in run support...I dont think he is done or atleast he hasnt shown that he is done....

As for Milloy, yes he isnt the best cover SS in the game....but his knowledge, experience and leadership are key factors missing from that position right now...

Do I think we'd be better on 3rd down situations with Vincent and Milloy in the game....Hell yes....

With Vincent and Milloy you get that experience back in there and you move Mcgee back to nickel back were he is more suited(to be a ball hawk that he is)....our 3rd down defense improves a good margin when they get back...

I'm just hoping its this week....but i have that feeling they will only see 50% of playing time and will be 100% when we play the Cards the following week....

If you've watched the Ravens defense this year at all, you might be concerned with people getting killed, let alone win the game.

Bills can't score. Saving grace is that Baltimore can't either.

Ravens 13

Buffalo 6

IDK...I dont think Vincent is the same cover corner he was 2-3 year ago but he is still a top CB in this league....In the 2 full games he played he didnt get beat at all....and did extremely well in run support...I dont think he is done or atleast he hasnt shown that he is done....

As for Milloy, yes he isnt the best cover SS in the game....but his knowledge, experience and leadership are key factors missing from that position right now...

Do I think we'd be better on 3rd down situations with Vincent and Milloy in the game....Hell yes....

With Vincent and Milloy you get that experience back in there and you move Mcgee back to nickel back were he is more suited(to be a ball hawk that he is)....our 3rd down defense improves a good margin when they get back...

I'm just hoping its this week....but i have that feeling they will only see 50% of playing time and will be 100% when we play the Cards the following week....

74781[/snapback]

Vincent didn't get beat for a score, but he was late reacting to numerous plays during those games and his man caught the pass with seemingly nobody covering him. I don't think he's done just yet. I think he would really benefit right now from a move to FS. Milloy and Vincent do bring that veteran experience to the defense, but we still need solid coverage. Even with them on the field, I saw a bunch of times where guys in the secondary (even Vincent and Milloy) would look at each other in confusion after being beat for a big gain. A lot of this would be fixed by a good pass rush, so it isn't all on the DBs.

Didn't we beat these Ravens during thier Superbowl year? Interesting but........

Without Jamal Lewis, you'd think the Bills' D would have an advantage, but Chester Taylor isn't that much of a downgrade. If Sammy Morris can average 5 yards per carry against this D, yikes! Baltimore has a much better O-line than the Fin Felons.

And Schobel is gonna get smashed by Ogden all day

74066[/snapback]

Oh definitely! Lewis is suspended and they don't have much of a passing game. It will all depend on how we play against their D. If we can't run effectively, we'd better be able to pass all day.

Guest Guest_firewall_*

I believe the key is to get some points in the first two quarters. This o line needs a chance to play "downhill" for a while, where they can just grind away with the running game, screens and the underneath stuff. Our much maligned kicker is going to be the difference on Sunday-positively or negatively, I'm accentuating the positive, Bills win 15-14.