Time to start trashing the victim

VOR

Because he is a Buffalo Bill! They can pretty much do anything and have some idiot defend them. Does the word hypocrite ring a bell?

I am not defending Lynch at all, but to throw unfounded comments out there is just irresponsible( and not just the people on this board, anyone who is doing it, if you don't know what happened because you weren't there, don't say anything you personally cannot guarantee accuracy).....on a moral level what he did was extremely wrong and i think it's ridiculous that he did it (if he knew about it at the time). The realization is that in the world of professional athletes they can get what they want, and for the most part get away with what they want. Will I now look at him differently? Yes, because I don't have kids but my GF does and I don't want them to think something like this is right and it's accepted. But until the world stops holding professionals in such high regards and gives them every opportunity in the world to get out of any given situation , nothing will change. These athletes have been handed everything once someone realized they had a "gift". It's got to be difficult to automatically change and be a good citizen, when most of your teenage years and early 20's people are willing to throw anything your way because you are talented. Then they sign a contract to make millions of dollars and are expected to change overnight? Our society is setup to enable these athletes and until something causes a major change, it's going to stay the same way.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! So going a step further, anyone who walks in that area at 33am is also drunk, especially those who sing and dance in the middle of the street, in the rain. So the victim's and her friends' testimony is not credible. Thanks.

Last time I checked crossing the street drunk with the right of way wasn't a crime, driving drunk, hitting a person and speeding away is. Thanks.

Last time I checked crossing the street drunk with the right of way wasn't a crime, driving drunk, hitting a person and speeding away is. Thanks.

If only we knew who was drunk and who wasn't. :blink:

He hit her with the side front of the car with someone sitting shotgun, there's no way neither of them didn't notice but were still able to see the dancing girl right next to her.

That's why you're so close to being comical and yet suffer terribly at the misfortune of being born with no sense of humor. You bust people's balls for looking at the facts and making a comment, and then you say something stupid like this. You're just trying to rile people up, obviously, because you take this ridiculously holier-and-smarter-than-you position that pisses on Lynch with arguments that all start with something like "There's no way..."

"There's no way he didn't know he hit someone."

"There's no way he wasn't the driver."

"There's no way he wasn't drunk."

Tell me something, elegant... How long does it take you to cook pasta? Be serious. 80 minutes? Maybe 90?

That's why you're so close to being comical and yet suffer terribly at the misfortune of being born with no sense of humor. You bust people's balls for looking at the facts and making a comment, and then you say something stupid like this. You're just trying to rile people up, obviously, because you take this ridiculously holier-and-smarter-than-you position that pisses on Lynch with arguments that all start with something like "There's no way..."

"There's no way he didn't know he hit someone."

"There's no way he wasn't the driver."

"There's no way he wasn't drunk."

Tell me something, elegant... How long does it take you to cook pasta? Be serious. 80 minutes? Maybe 90?

Have I struck a nerve because I dare to suggest that Lynch was drunk?

Have you ever been in one, much less when music was blaring? I have (although not while it was also raining, and we didn't hit anyone). Despite your sarcasm, you're unwittingly correct about not being able to hear anything outside the car.

I wasn't being sarcastic.

I wasn't being sarcastic.

My bad. I thought you were being serious until your "Are you oblivious to the fact that hundreds of cases of the driver not knowing someone was hit happen every year?" line.

And the "he didn't know he hit her" defense was actually first mentioned by a law enforcement official in a 6/12 Buffalo News article:

“The driver never stopped, just kept moving south on Delaware,” the official said. “It could very well be that the driver never saw [shpeley] and didn’t know he hit her.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/buff...ory/368141.html

People should not even comment on Lynch's innocence or guilt until everyone comes out. I assume next week we will hear what the plea deal is. People are assuming it will be the standard plea deal in situations like this. I am not so sure based upon how guarded the DA was with his words.

We still haven't heard from Lynch.

The only thing for certain is that it was his car and he was probably driving. The question is whether or not he knew she got hit.

If people can make all these unfound statements about the victim why can't I make similiar comments about Lynch?

Because you are on a BILLS messageboard....you can trash talk lynch based off no verified evidence, without any1 getting as worked up over it, on the Erie county's DA's office message board!

Because you are on a BILLS messageboard....you can trash talk lynch based off no verified evidence, without any1 getting as worked up over it, on the Erie county's DA's office message board!

Or Kim Shpeley's MySpace page.

But seriously, there is a TON of evidence against Lynch. Everyone is drives on Chippewa at 3:30 AM is drunk. The victim, despite lying face down and dying in a pool of her own blood, clearly saw the car slow down, stop and then speed off. Eyewitnesses and the video camera that captured the event were biased in favor of Lynch and clearly were wrong in saying/showing that the car never slowed down. Lynch texted messages to Bills' security claiming "I hit some chick, was drunk, and fled the scene. Beast mode!" but the authorities are hiding this information. And obviously after you've been involved in a crime, you keep the evidence in plain sight so that the authorities can find it.

Or Kim Shpeley's MySpace page.

But seriously, there is a TON of evidence against Lynch. Everyone is drives on Chippewa at 3:30 AM is drunk. The victim, despite lying face down and dying in a pool of her own blood, clearly saw the car slow down, stop and then speed off. Eyewitnesses and the video camera that captured the event were biased in favor of Lynch and clearly were wrong in saying/showing that the car never slowed down. Lynch texted messages to Bills' security claiming "I hit some chick, was drunk, and fled the scene. Beast mode!" but the authorities are hiding this information. And obviously after you've been involved in a crime, you keep the evidence in plain sight so that the authorities can find it.

Do you really believe that neither Lynch nor Johnson wouldn't have felt an impact that was strong enough to damage his SUV? I'm over this whole thing (assuming Lynch makes a public apology) but the way people are trying to minimize and rationalize Lynch's role in the accident is rediculous. "Time to trash the victim"? Thats pretty !@#$ed up.

Lynch himself has verified the fact that he was driving by agreeing to the plea deal. There are too many leaps of faith to make to believe that Lynch did nothing wrong-

1) You have to believe he was at Chippewa at 330 am completely sober

2) You have to believe he could have been oblivious to a collision that was strong enough to damage his SUV

3) That he and whoever else was at his home are such sound sleepers that they could have slept through the police calling, pounding on the door, and towing his SUV

Be honest, if this was anyone but Lynch (or another Bill) you guys would feel the same way I do. Unfortunately many of you can put your childish affection for a grown man aside and face the facts. That being said if he makes an apology and acknowledges his mistakes I'll forgive him and cheer for him every sunday.

Be honest, if this was anyone but Lynch (or another Bill) you guys would feel the same way I do. Unfortunately many of you can put your childish affection for a grown man aside and face the facts. That being said if he makes an apology and acknowledges his mistakes I'll forgive him and cheer for him every sunday.

wow reading what you right, you remind me of Dilldo...... i for one do not have a "childish affection" for an athlete.... He made a mistake and if he apologizes for it, then we all move on and go forward. Don't dump on Lynch because the whole system is screwed up

wow reading what you right, you remind me of Dilldo...... i for one do not have a "childish affection" for an athlete.... He made a mistake and if he apologizes for it, then we all move on and go forward. Don't dump on Lynch because the whole system is screwed up

My point is you're giving Lynch the benefit of the doubt that you wouldn't even extend to many people you actually know. I don't mind when people say they want to see how everything plays out but when they are attacking the victim and making up excuses for Lynch I get crazy.

My point is you're giving Lynch the benefit of the doubt that you wouldn't even extend to many people you actually know. I don't mind when people say they want to see how everything plays out but when they are attacking the victim and making up excuses for Lynch I get crazy.

First of all, i have never attacked the victim and secondly no one is making excuses, they are setting out different scenarios that could have happened, and it seems you are unwilling to accept them