New Logo for the Bills Toronto Series bothers me

Logo

Notice no reference to Buffalo???

Hmmm....

Let's take it one further........Many believe the Bills started their move permanently to Toronto when Hollywood Donahoe switched our former beloved Bills uniforms to the crappy CFL style garbage that we wear now. Also, think it's a coincidence that TD ran the team into the ground, and still doesn't have a job in the NFL? No. He's just waiting to reclaim the position when the Bills take their current CFL uniformed team and move up there for good!

:blink: Toronto

:thumbsup:

anyone want to give any reasonable reason on why there should be a reference to buffalo?

Since it is two teams playing in toronto...they have a reference to the bills.

Come on, is this a board full of 13 year olds

anyone want to give any reasonable reason on why there should be a reference to buffalo?

Really.

Anyone who gives 2 cents about watching NFL football would have to be a thick as could possibly be, not to recognize the charging buffalo and the city it represents.

Logo

Notice no reference to Buffalo???

Hmmm....

I am bothered by the fact that the logo is pretty bad. As a guy who does graphic design for a living, this logo looks pretty amateurish. Can't believe that's the best they could come up with.

I am bothered by the fact that the logo is pretty bad. As a guy who does graphic design for a living, this logo looks pretty amateurish. Can't believe that's the best they could come up with.

Agreed. It looks like they had one of those contests for all the second graders and picked the best one. Its kinda like lets just take a bunch of clip art and throw it together some way.

For those upset it doesn't have anything about Buffalo in it... what would you suggest? The Bills logo is perhaps all you need to suggest Buffalo. Plus, you're not promoting the Bills in Buffalo; you're trying to promote the Bills in Toronto. Hence, the Bills' logo plus all the Toronto clipart thrown in.

In addition, no one has presented any objective arguments as to why the NFL would not prefer instead of choosing either Buffalo or Toronto why would the NFL not prefer to make money from these two markets who are actually farther apart than several existing market pairs (such as having teams in both Baltimore and DC which are both broadcast in the same TV markets).

Is Buffalo smaller than Toronto"

Sure.

However, the NFL currently has a franchise that sells 52,000+ season tickets, has pre-existing relationships with hundreds of advertising sources. and represents a strong connection to the NFL history as an original AFC team,

The other NFL owners not only get a cut of these resources which some advocate simply throwing away, but not only would the NFL be forgoing a tie to the past it is actively marketing to teams in Europe and other countries that they can be a part of that rich past history but it does not set a context of stability which is what is required for the NFL to maximize dollars.

Perhaps, there is a credible case which can be made that the millions of folks in the GTA cannot support a team without the few Americans who would stick with a team which outsourced this asset (if it cannot then that also draws into question the viability of a team moving there. Perhaps, the case can be made that WNY cannot support a team without the 10-20% of its ticket buyers who are Canadian and would (theoretically abandon the Bills for a new team in Toronto,

However, what seems far more likely to me is that the NFL would be reluctant to approve a deal which made them less money than would a deal which replicated for football what even a mickey mouse league like the NHL has been able to pull off of having two very profitable franchises in both cities.

In addition, no one has presented any objective arguments as to why the NFL would not prefer instead of choosing either Buffalo or Toronto why would the NFL not prefer to make money from these two markets who are actually farther apart than several existing market pairs (such as having teams in both Baltimore and DC which are both broadcast in the same TV markets).

Is Buffalo smaller than Toronto"

Sure.

However, the NFL currently has a franchise that sells 52,000+ season tickets, has pre-existing relationships with hundreds of advertising sources. and represents a strong connection to the NFL history as an original AFC team,

The other NFL owners not only get a cut of these resources which some advocate simply throwing away, but not only would the NFL be forgoing a tie to the past it is actively marketing to teams in Europe and other countries that they can be a part of that rich past history but it does not set a context of stability which is what is required for the NFL to maximize dollars.

Perhaps, there is a credible case which can be made that the millions of folks in the GTA cannot support a team without the few Americans who would stick with a team which outsourced this asset (if it cannot then that also draws into question the viability of a team moving there. Perhaps, the case can be made that WNY cannot support a team without the 10-20% of its ticket buyers who are Canadian and would (theoretically abandon the Bills for a new team in Toronto,

However, what seems far more likely to me is that the NFL would be reluctant to approve a deal which made them less money than would a deal which replicated for football what even a mickey mouse league like the NHL has been able to pull off of having two very profitable franchises in both cities.

Speaking as a Canadian, representative of numerous other Canadian Bills fans, we would have no interest in a team in Toronto if there were still a team in Buffalo. I would suggest that the Bills Canadian fans are fans of the total experience. We love the stadium, our fellow fans, the kinship we feel with them and of course the tailgating experience that CANNOT be done in Toronto. It isn't a huge drive to those who live in TO (it's a short day trip at best and customs is hardly an issue unless you make it one) and talking to other Canadian Bills fans, we love how accepted we are by native Buffalonians (did I get that right). I make 10 new friends every time I go down and my fellow Canadians feel the same way. We bleed blue like you do and a new team in TO isn't going to change that for many of us.

As for moving the team entirely. If Ralph Wilson's franchise moves, I fully believe the NFL will work to put a team back in Buffalo. This isn't a situation where the fan base dwindled and the market evaporated. The move would be because of money & greed. It would near identical to the situation in Cleveland and the NFL bent over backwards to get a franchise there ASAP after they left. I could see the NFL retaining the rights to the "Bills" and waiting for an ownership group to step up. The NFL is a business, but they wouldn't want the public relations nightmare of losing a storied franchise with a blue-collar fanbase. The backlash would be immense. This isn't the Sonics leaving Seattle and 15 people showing up for a "Save the Sonics" rally. This is the Bills, this is Buffalo, this city would be burnt to the ground in response!