Shockey to Buffalo

Frez

they have been throwing him under the bus ever since the playoffs last season.

Hes a top 5 TE in the NFL. If he can be had for a 2nd we should not hesitate (maybe a 2nd and a later draft pick). A 1st would be to much to give up though.

they have been throwing him under the bus ever since the playoffs last season.

Hes a top 5 TE in the NFL. If he can be had for a 2nd we should not hesitate (maybe a 2nd and a later draft pick). A 1st would be to much to give up though.

He would improve our offense 50%, in my honest opinion. :thumbsup:

He would improve our offense 50%, in my honest opinion. :thumbsup:

Actually, he won't make a lick of difference unless we get a offensive playbook that utilizes our playmakers efficiently. Here's looking to you Mr. Offensive Co-ordinator and Head Coach.

We already have Hardy and Lynch involved in a hit and run- do we really need more punks on this team?

We need more Donte Whitner types!

I'm with you m8. No more cancers on this team. It's like asking to sign/trade for Moss or Owens.

*shudders*

I'm with you m8. No more cancers on this team. It's like asking to sign/trade for Moss or Owens.

*shudders*

I don't particularly care for the use of the word "cancer" for referring to a troublesome player, but that personal issue aside, I would take all the "cancerous" players you can bring if it means a win.

In this day and age, we're not going to compile a team of Don Beebes, Shane Conlans, Phil Hansens, Mark Kelsos Mike Lodishs (yeah I went Mike Lodish on your ass), Steve Tasker, etc, etc...

You win with talent; in whatever form that comes. And the days of a team full of talent that don't have a misdemeanor gun charge or two in the mix are gone.

Shockey is a good player but I don't think he is a good fit for Buffalo because of our young QB. Shockey wants the ball all the time and I think that could be very distracting for a young QB. If Shockey starts bitching for the ball all the time maybe Trent starts looking his way too often and starts locking in on him to make him happy. I think Manning did that for a while and the Giants seemed to do ok after he was out. JMO

GO BILLS!

Shockey is a good player but I don't think he is a good fit for Buffalo because of our young QB. Shockey wants the ball all the time and I think that could be very distracting for a young QB. If Shockey starts bitching for the ball all the time maybe Trent starts looking his way too often and starts locking in on him to make him happy. I think Manning did that for a while and the Giants seemed to do ok after he was out. JMO

GO BILLS!

Yea but maybe last year humbled his ass after he watched his teamates win the SB from the BOX! What kind of slap in the face would be to have your team not allow you on the sidelines and ask you to just watch? I would be all for trading a 2nd, plus another somewhere, i dont think he would be able to come in and take over...

I think that would be a bad move. The guy is really injury prone and he has a horrible attitude, which is not something we need on this team right now, considering all of the other issues. The fact is, Buffalo would be better off not trading away draft picks for a guy that is close to being washed up, and taking a chance on a guy like Bently and improving at the C position. That would, IMO, get the O-Line up to being a top-5 unit. Shockey wouldn't do that much for the offense, and worst of all, IIRC, the guy isn't much of a blocker either. What's the upside again?

We already have Hardy and Lynch involved in a hit and run- do we really need more punks on this team?

We need more Donte Whitner types!

Why is Shockey a punk? Can you refresh my memory?

*shudders*

Why is Shockey a cancer? Have you seen his tough guy attitude on the football field?

he isnt a free agent

No he's not but It's nice to think Buffalo could make a deal for him with the NY Giants. Buffalo needs a good pass catching run blocking TE. We haven't had one in years.

GO BILLS!

Imagine a playmaker wanting the ball all the time on the Bills. The Bills offense needs a shot in the ass and Shockey could help this team.

I think that would be a bad move. The guy is really injury prone and he has a horrible attitude, which is not something we need on this team right now, considering all of the other issues. The fact is, Buffalo would be better off not trading away draft picks for a guy that is close to being washed up, and taking a chance on a guy like Bently and improving at the C position. That would, IMO, get the O-Line up to being a top-5 unit. Shockey wouldn't do that much for the offense, and worst of all, IIRC, the guy isn't much of a blocker either. What's the upside again?

Shockey not much of a blocker? I think if you look up the stats the giants running game dropped off when Shockey was off the field. I'll see if I can find some stats on that to back it up.

Maybe injury prone or just bad luck? The guy is tough and will play through his nicks and ticks. Buffalo could use him. I don't understand why people are so afraid of Shockey?

Who's the Bills TE again? :cry: