Hardy.....

What are you talking about Bill? Hardy has never done anything wrong, its all misunderstandings and overreactions by people like you making assumptions. How dare you try and ruin this innocent mans character by making these heinous allegations and assumptions about him having poor judgement or bad character

It's all a big misunderstanding

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait for the logic that questions Hardy's character when he's in a bank as it's getting robbed...

"Hardy has character issues because by being in a bank being robbed, he's somehow implicated in this!"

I can't see how any of you can tie his previous incident to being in a car (possibly) involved in a hit-and-run. Short of driving the car or putting one of his gats to Marshawn's head and telling him to leave the girl on the side of the road, this incident does nothing to Hardy's character.

Unless you think it's wrong for a young person to go out on the weekend and party til 3:30 am....

No one on this board would ever party until 3:30am, because they are much more responsible than that. Much like no one here has ever driven when they potentially had a bit too much to drink. And they have never done stupid sh-- when they were between the ages of 16-24.

With the group of angels that inhabit the board, i am utterly shocked that God himself hasn't descended down to Earth and granted the Bills a Super Bowl win.

No one on this board would ever party until 3:30am, because they are much more responsible than that. Much like no one here has ever driven when they potentially had a bit too much to drink. And they have never done stupid sh-- when they were between the ages of 16-24.

With the group of angels that inhabit the board, i am utterly shocked that God himself hasn't descended down to Earth and granted the Bills a Super Bowl win.

Which means that there are only a few people on this board with a college education, lol.

I can't wait for the logic that questions Hardy's character when he's in a bank as it's getting robbed...

"Hardy has character issues because by being in a bank being robbed, he's somehow implicated in this!"

I can't see how any of you can tie his previous incident to being in a car (possibly) involved in a hit-and-run. Short of driving the car or putting one of his gats to Marshawn's head and telling him to leave the girl on the side of the road, this incident does nothing to Hardy's character.

Unless you think it's wrong for a young person to go out on the weekend and party til 3:30 am....

Although I do agree that it doesn't make Hardy a bad person because he was out late partying and may have been a passenger in a vehicle that committed a "Hit and Run", but the thing is, IF (there you go Bluefire, have at it, I'm making an assumption and using the word IF) he did get into a vehicle that was being driven by a friend/teammate that was intoxicated at the time, then it shows poor judgement/character on his part for doing that.

Although I do agree that it doesn't make Hardy a bad person because he was out late partying and may have been a passenger in a vehicle that committed a "Hit and Run", but the thing is, IF (there you go Bluefire, have at it, I'm making an assumption and using the word IF) he did get into a vehicle that was being driven by a friend/teammate that was intoxicated at the time, then it shows poor judgement/character on his part for doing that.

The problem isn't that you make assumptions. Everyone makes assumptions. It's that you and others completely convict based off of your assumption, and your conviction then becomes gospel.

Like this:

It starts with "Let's assume he may have hit his girlfriend."

That soon becomes, "If he hit his girlfriend, he's a dirtbag."

That ultimately and ridiculously morphs into "That dirtbag beats women."

You all quickly jump from assumption to conclusion to unmitigated fact, when -- in reality -- you can collectively take every real fact you guys actually know about every incident you're opining about it, write them all down on a piece of paper, crumble up the paper, and comfortably shove it up the ass of a gnat.

And that's why everyone is busting the chops of folks like you, Obie, and Bill in NYC. Because you guys don't know jack shiit, but discuss these topics as though you do.

It's beyond comical, and has become something of a TBD repellent.

Where was it ever said that the driver was intoxicated?

Oh no, a 20 something year old young man, who just got drafted into the NFL, or any young 20 something for that matter, going out and hitting up some bars with friends/teammates. Obviously he is nothing more then a man of low character. There should be lights out at 10pm, and continue to drink his milk and take his vitamins, and say his prayers. Good lord, some of you people, need to step out of your self righteous bubble. <_<

Oh no, a 20 something year old young man, who just got drafted into the NFL, or any young 20 something for that matter, going out and hitting up some bars with friends/teammates. Obviously he is nothing more then a man of low character. There should be lights out at 10pm, and continue to drink his milk and take his vitamins, and say his prayers. Good lord, some of you people, need to step out of your self righteous bubble. <_<

That...or resurrect some of your self-righteous posts about B'gals players... :flirt:

Where was it ever said that the driver was intoxicated?

Yeah, it could have been Ralph. Old as he is, he may just drive like he's intoxicated.

Ralph WAS driving, right? Because I can't figure out why he was subpoeaned, otherwise.

That, or resurrect some of your self-righteous posts about B'gals players... <_<

Fair is fair. However merely going out and drinking, and being a passenger in a vehicle doesn't make a person posess low character. The other issues with Hardy worry me. However I still wouldn't compare it to that of Chris Henry/Frostee Rucker/Odell Thurman/Aj Nhcholson. Let alone some other players around the league. As far as I'm aware of Lynch doesn't even have a record. Do I agree with his decision/whoever was driving to pull away? No. It's an unfortunate incident, that should've never happened. Should've pulled over, checked to see if the woman was alright, and waited for cops/ambulance to arrive. I just think chastising players, for simply going out and drinking, is a bit ridiculous. With that said, if Lynch/Hardy make this kind of behavoir a trend, they should be dealt with, by the league and the team.

I want to take a "wait and see" attitude. It seems meny of the young teenagers of today have rejected the moral norms and they carry it on into their 20's.

They need to grow up. We will have to watch and see if that happens. Let's not throw them away yet.

GO BILLS!

It could be a combination of the 2 (I am being kind), but I am leaning more toward bad character. I for one think that the off field incidents will continue. I truly hope to be wrong but history, as most of us know, does tend to repeat itself. They guy beats up women, whips out guns, and God knows what he did this time, this having just rolled into town.

Before you say that I am being sanctimonious, let me openly state that if I was a young, gifted, soon to be rich professional athlete, I have no idea how I would react/behave.

That said, you are (imo) quite naive if you think that this kind of behavior is going to all of a sudden stop, and you know what? It really sucks because the Bills, WNY and Bills Fans really do deserve a freaking break.

Most of the time when people seem to be in "The wrong place at the wrong time" so often, it is usually neither. Most of the time its just poor judgment on their part. Possibly might be because he is young and immature.

Guest dog14787

It is possible James Hardy was driving when the incident occured, he could have been the most sober and it better explains why Marshawn Lynch would be tight lipped about the whole thing because he's trying to protect his new friend and teamate. :thumbsup:

It is possible James Hardy was driving when the incident occured, he could have been the most sober and it better explains why Marshawn Lynch would be tight lipped about the whole thing because he's trying to protect his new friend and teamate. :thumbsup:

Anything is possible. But if anyone other than Marshawn were driving, I'd say it was Steve Johnson. He seems more level-headed in that he might not drive if he were impaired (although admittedly I don't know much about him other than the videos I've seen of him) and he's got the same hairstyle as Marshawn, which could have confused the witnesses who allegedly saw Marshawn in the driver's seat. And since he and Marshawn go back to the Bay Area together, IMO Marshawn would me more likely to give him the keys than Hardy.

This is a Red flag to me.

"
Problems with police

Police told The Buffalo News that Lynch has no arrest record in New York State and has a clean driving record in the state.

But some police officers in Buffalo and Hamburg are not surprised to hear that Lynch is having legal difficulties.

Lynch was tossed out of two Chippewa Street bars in recent months because he brought in his own bottle of liquor, which is illegal under state alcohol laws, according to three law enforcement officials. “[buffalo police] have been told by bar owners that he’ll walk in, order a glass of pop and pour his own liquor into it,” one officer said. “He was told that you can’t do that, and it doesn’t matter if you’re Marshawn Lynch.”

Law enforcement officials in the Southtowns said Lynch attended a meeting several months ago with three high-ranking members of the Town of Hamburg police. At least one member of Lynch’s family
and a Bills security official also attended

The meeting was arranged after Lynch complained that police were being tough on him and his family, said a police official who works closely with that department. “From what I understand, it was a case of ‘Let’s clear the air here,’ ” the source said. “They thought the police were picking on them.”

Town police impounded a vehicle that Lynch had been using and lent to a relative. Authorities said the vehicle was impounded after that relative was arrested for violating a vehicle and traffic law. After the impoundment, Lynch went to Police Headquarters to reclaim the vehicle, but police wouldn’t give it to him, because it actually belonged to a local car dealer.

Lynch had a disagreement with some police personnel over the release of the vehicle, apparently prompting the clear-the-air meeting, sources said.

In addition, Orchard Park police investigated one minor incident, last Dec. 13, near the end of the Bills’ season.
A vehicle apparently driven by Lynch struck a pole outside Ralph Wilson Stadium
. Police responded, but no charges were filed, according to Orchard Park police records.

Town of Hamburg police have dealt with Lynch and his family on mostly minor matters, usually involving vehicle and traffic laws.

That is why one law enforcement official was not surprised to hear about the latest incident involving Lynch’s vehicle.

“God, no, I wasn’t surprised at all,” the source said.
“It follows a pattern. It’s the kind of stuff he’s been doing. He’s just so cavalier about everything. That was always my impression.”
"

By Gene Warner, Allen Wilson, Mark Gaughan and Dan Herbeck - News Staff Reporters Updated: 06/12/08 7:20 PM The Buffalo News

Let's all hope he simmers down a bit. I like Lynch. He's a likable guy. But he gets his ass in many more situations like this and he'll become as popular as Chad Johnson is in Cincinnati right now.

Frankly, I think this team is too young. There aren't many vets on the squad that could be a moderating influence.

It could be a combination of the 2 (I am being kind), but I am leaning more toward bad character. I for one think that the off field incidents will continue. I truly hope to be wrong but history, as most of us know, does tend to repeat itself. They guy beats up women, whips out guns, and God knows what he did this time, this having just rolled into town.

Before you say that I am being sanctimonious, let me openly state that if I was a young, gifted, soon to be rich professional athlete, I have no idea how I would react/behave.

That said, you are (imo) quite naive if you think that this kind of behavior is going to all of a sudden stop, and you know what? It really sucks because the Bills, WNY and Bills Fans really do deserve a freaking break.

Nice post Bill.........I agree with you. I think being in town with not much to do for more then a couple hours a day is a bad thing for Hardy. Im wondering if that will change once the season is started and there is alot more to do with football then off the field things. Im sure im wrong.....but....who knows.

Overall im really disapointed with, Parrish, Lynch, Hardy, Johnson........And somewhat irriated with Jason Peters.......

And yes a break would be nice.