Hardy.....

It could be a combination of the 2 (I am being kind), but I am leaning more toward bad character. I for one think that the off field incidents will continue. I truly hope to be wrong but history, as most of us know, does tend to repeat itself. They guy beats up women, whips out guns, and God knows what he did this time, this having just rolled into town.

Before you say that I am being sanctimonious, let me openly state that if I was a young, gifted, soon to be rich professional athlete, I have no idea how I would react/behave.

That said, you are (imo) quite naive if you think that this kind of behavior is going to all of a sudden stop, and you know what? It really sucks because the Bills, WNY and Bills Fans really do deserve a freaking break.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be a combination of the 2 (I am being kind), but I am leaning more toward bad character. I for one think that the off field incidents will continue. I truly hope to be wrong but history, as most of us know, does tend to repeat itself. They guy beats up women, whips out guns, and God knows what he did this time, this having just rolled into town.

Before you say that I am being sanctimonious, let me openly state that if I was a young, gifted, soon to be rich professional athlete, I have no idea how I would react/behave.

That said, you are (imo) quite naive if you think that this kind of behavior is going to all of a sudden stop, and you know what? It really sucks because the Bills, WNY and Bills Fans really do deserve a freaking break.

Hardy gets the benefit of the doubt, so far.

But as a practical matter, an unsigned rookie who goes out on the town late at night is showing pretty poor judgment, IMO.

Hardy is trouble. I was pissed that we drafted Hardy instead of Sweed because I was afraid of crap like this. Lynch is starting to look like a lowlife as well. It's bad enough he ran from the scene of the accident,but now because of his refusal to fess up,he's dragging his team into his mess.

I don't think anyone can expect Hardy to turn himself around quickly.

I know being in a car when some drunk Canadian broad walking around like night of the living dead gets hit sounds bad, but is it really? He might not have even been driving and probably wasn't.

Going out drinking isn't the most upstanding thing anyone can do, but it isn't a crime.

Hardy might be taking baby steps towards being more of a solid citizen and that is all we can expect. We can't expect a guy to go cold turkey from allegedly trying to kill his father right into being Beaver Cleaver for Pet'es sake. There have to be a few bumps in the road along the way.

Think about it. If you're going to experience bumps in the road, the odds are very high that the bump will be a drunk Canadian broad.

Hardy gets the benefit of the doubt, so far.

But as a practical matter, an unsigned rookie who goes out on the town late at night is showing pretty poor judgment, IMO.

did they have practice the next day?

and if so, at what time

Hardy is trouble. I was pissed that we drafted Hardy instead of Sweed because I was afraid of crap like this. Lynch is starting to look like a lowlife as well. It's bad enough he ran from the scene of the accident,but now because of his refusal to fess up,he's dragging his team into his mess.

I was mystified by the passing on Sweed too. At least these things are happening before he signs a contract. I'm sure that contract will be filled with clauses that protect the team from any stupid things he does. Hopefully it will include having to return a portion of the signing bonus for certain infractions.

The gun issue and past are one thing. This is totally different.

Who cares if he was in the car. This could have happened to anyone, really it is not a big deal. I don't think that this issue relates to anything about his character. Remember when Jim Kelly use to throw parties after home wins. What if Thurman Thomas was in the car with another player and when they were leaving they hit a woman walking her dog. Is Thurman a bad person for being in the car? I don't understand this argument.

And as to the setting if you go out in downtown buffalo and you are under 40 your going to be out at 3:30am. Whats wrong with that?

history, as most of us know, does tend to repeat itself.

like this thread? lawl

I'm still wondering where it says that Hardy was in the car or anything else about the situation, outside that he was on Chippewa. If you're just going off the fact that he was subpoenaed, might as well assume Ralph Wilson and Russ Brandon were in the car too, although I assume that Ralph probably wouldn't know anything cause he was asleep.

It could very well be that they were in the car, or that they were just out partying that night.

Now is not the time for this thread, Bill. Both of Hardy's prior "incidents" have really been family situations -- can you disagree? In this instance he MAY have been in the car, but we still don't even know that. If he was, and wasn't driving, how is that anything other than bad luck?

Why can't folks leave well enough alone until they know what the facts are? That's the ONLY thing I've been preaching since day one.

Now is not the time for this thread, Bill. Both of Hardy's prior "incidents" have really been family situations -- can you disagree? In this instance he MAY have been in the car, but we still don't even know that. If he was, and wasn't driving, how is that anything other than bad luck?

Why can't folks leave well enough alone until they know what the facts are? That's the ONLY thing I've been preaching since day one.

Facts are not required in the court of public opinion....

What are you talking about Bill? Hardy has never done anything wrong, its all misunderstandings and overreactions by people like you making assumptions. How dare you try and ruin this innocent mans character by making these heinous allegations and assumptions about him having poor judgement or bad character

So Hardy "beats up women"?

Does he beat up all women every day, or just the ones in his path? Does he beat guys dressed as women, or does he make sure she's really a woman before he beats her? Does he beat just blondes, or can their hair be any color? Are there are restrictions? Do you consider a female over the age of 18 a woman? Or does he look at their license to ensure they're 21 before he beats them?

Does he beat women in his family, or only women who are not related to him?

I mean, if he "beats up women," I can't help but believe that he does it every day all day to every woman, no?

What are you talking about Bill? Hardy has never done anything wrong, its all misunderstandings and overreactions by people like you making assumptions. How dare you try and ruin this innocent mans character by making these heinous allegations and assumptions about him having poor judgement or bad character

Like Bill said, history tends to repeat itself. You continue to not get the point.

I think this hardy incident is getting blown out of proportion. He happened to be in the car when it hit the fatty. Theres nothing he can do about his teammate doing a hit and run. Now...if he was the driver...that would change the story quite a bit.

I can't wait for the logic that questions Hardy's character when he's in a bank as it's getting robbed...

"Hardy has character issues because by being in a bank being robbed, he's somehow implicated in this!"

I can't see how any of you can tie his previous incident to being in a car (possibly) involved in a hit-and-run. Short of driving the car or putting one of his gats to Marshawn's head and telling him to leave the girl on the side of the road, this incident does nothing to Hardy's character.

Unless you think it's wrong for a young person to go out on the weekend and party til 3:30 am....

Facts are not required in the court of public opinion....unless of course you are of the strongest moral fiber aka A Buffalo Bills forum board poster and you know all the facts involved in the situation giving you full credence to pass a judgement that should be recognized by the law....

Fixed it for you, Apus...