I just did something REALLY stupid

Normally I buy a salad to eat for lunch at my desk.....but today I decided to buy a hamburger and bring it in to warm up in my microwave.

- I forgot to take it out of its bag

- Set the microwave to warm it up for 35 seconds

- Noticed some strange noises coming from microwave

- Open up the microwave...the bag was smoking.

- Grabbed the bag out of the microwave....my though to take it down the hall and throw it in the sink.

- Start to walk out my office door....feel heat on my hand......THE BAG IS ON FIRE

- burned my fingertips...threw the bag in in the hallway.....doused the fire with a large cup of water I was drinking.

- looked back.....ashes smoldering on my office carpet......start stomping on them to make sure they dont catch fire.....burn my shoes

- Everything under control....doesn't look like the carpet is burned......cleaned up mess in hallway

Man.....time to call it a day.

:lol:

Normally I buy a salad to eat for lunch at my desk.....but today I decided to buy a hamburger and bring it in to warm up in my microwave.

- Grabbed the bag out of the microwave....my though to take it down the hall and throw it in the sink.

- Start to walk out my office door....feel heat on my hand......THE BAG IS ON FIRE

- burned my fingertips...threw the bag in in the hallway.....doused the fire with a large cup of water I was drinking.

- looked back.....ashes smoldering on my office carpet......start stomping on them to make sure they dont catch fire.....burn my shoes

- Everything under control....doesn't look like the carpet is burned......cleaned up mess in hallway

You got lucky. Could you imagine if you had EATEN a microwaved hamburger??? The diet gods were watching your back.

Good lord.... I thought you were going to say that you ATE a microwaved burger. That's awful, but yeah... it *could* have been much worse.

Dwight Schrute: I have a song. Attention, everyone! That I want to sing. That I wrote especially for this occasion when I was up there among the flames. Ready? [sings to Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start the Fire"] Ryan started the fire! It was always burning since the world's been turning!

Dwight Schrute and Michael Scott: [singing] Ryan started the fire! It was always burning---

Dwight Schrute: Everybody!

Michael Scott: [singing] ...since the world was turning.

Ryan Howard: I can't believe I started the fire.

:rolleyes:

Jokes aside, what caused the bag to catch fire ? 35 seconds seems harmless enough but what caused the contents to heat up so much so fast ?

:cry:

:wallbash: I'd kill for an office security camera tape of that! Glad you're ok. I used to work at a hospital and one day one of the pharmacists, a brilliant guy but an absent minded professor type, puts a bagel in the microwave and puts it on for sixty minutes instead of 60 seconds and returns to his desk to work and forgets about it until smoke starts pouring out of the microwave!!! There was so much smoke security came down to check on the situation! :lol:

Link?

:blink::rolleyes:

Jokes aside, what caused the bag to catch fire ? 35 seconds seems harmless enough but what caused the contents to heat up so much so fast ?

Hamburger grease!

:rolleyes:

man time to act like a true blue american consumer! Sue them!! i'm sure it was not written on the bag "take the hamburger out of the bag before warming it"