Obama got the nomination because he worked for it

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reagan and King, AUFKM? Here's the big difference: you have to have actually accomplished something to make great speeches mean anything/last through history. Somehow I doubt that old chestnut: "When I was a community organizer" is ever going to be on par with "I have a dream" or "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall".

as I said before it wasn't anything to do with content or (as you mention) accomplishments, but all about oratory style.

Joe liked Barack just fine before he got so uppity.

:P:D:D

I am surprised that he doesn't call him "well spoken," "well dressed," or a "credit to his community." He didn't however disappoint us in that he wants him to "repudiate" things.

White Libs are a very strange breed, wouldn't you say?

Why are all you bigots calling Obama "black"? His mom was white. For some reason all y'all STILL insist that one drop of "black" blood makes someone "black"? Why doesn't it work the other way?

If the racists can't vote for a "black" man then perhaps they should vote for the "white" half.

Duh.

Why are all you bigots calling Obama "black"? His mom was white. For some reason all y'all STILL insist that one drop of "black" blood makes someone "black"? Why doesn't it work the other way?

If the racists can't vote for a "black" man then perhaps they should vote for the "white" half.

Duh.

Because he has dark skin.

"Black blood". :thumbsup: Race isn't about biology, it's about how people look. He has dark skin. He's black. I have light skin. I'm white. I could very well have more "black blood" than he does, for all we know...he'd still be black, and I'd still be white.

Because he has dark skin.

"Black blood". :thumbsup: Race isn't about biology, it's about how people look. He has dark skin. He's black. I have light skin. I'm white. I could very well have more "black blood" than he does, for all we know...he'd still be black, and I'd still be white.

But if I trot out my black grandfather, I'm allowed to check "African-American" on all of life's little checkboxes, although I am lily-white.

Why is that?

Duh.

I thought it was his grandmother. But I get your point.

"diversity" initiatives

You'd like to think so but if you read history you'll find out it's much more than that. Once again I ask how many people here have read Sinclair Lewis' "Kingsblood Royal"....

You'd like to think so but if you read history you'll find out it's much more than that. Once again I ask how many people here have read Sinclair Lewis' "Kingsblood Royal"....

If the problem is institutinalized racism than why haven't the "progressives" demanded that check boxes for race be outlawed entirely? What is the benefit?

But if I trot out my black grandfather, I'm allowed to check "African-American" on all of life's little checkboxes, although I am lily-white.

Why is that?

Because those check boxes have even less to do with race than skin color.

Hell, my cousin (black) married an Asian woman. They had twins a while back. One of the twins looks completely black with no hint of Asian features, the other looks completely Asian with no hint of black features. Which box do they check?

Because those check boxes have even less to do with race than skin color.

Hell, my cousin (black) married an Asian woman. They had twins a while back. One of the twins looks completely black with no hint of Asian features, the other looks completely Asian with no hint of black features. Which box do they check?

Exactly.

My mother told me 20 years ago that by the mid 2000's Americans will be brown and she was right.

So maybe people ought to give up on labels. I know it makes the pinheads uncomfortable but what the heck, walk on the wild side a bit people.

Exactly.

My mother told me 20 years ago that by the mid 2000's Americans will be brown and she was right.

So maybe people ought to give up on labels. I know it makes the pinheads uncomfortable but what the heck, walk on the wild side a bit people.

You mean it will be harder for you to find cleaning people?

Because most people have never heard of her, and Obama supporters won't attack his choice like they do Hillary.

Sibelius would be a terrible choice, to pick another women over Hillary would be a slap in the face to Hillary supporters, but of course the sore winner Obama supporters would like that. If not Hillary, it has to be a blue collar type guy like Rendell or a foreign policy expert like Richardson or Webb.

It "has to be?" Why's that Joe? :D It appears that half of the country dislikes Hillary. Obama would gain nothing choosing her.

You white liberals really do get upset when you can't order black people around, huh?